New Guide Discussion: Xmas Spending Boost

Former_MSE_Natasha
Former_MSE_Natasha Posts: 672 Forumite
edited 13 November 2012 at 2:36PM in Shop but don't drop
This thread is specifically to discuss the new guide

Xmas Spending Boost

Click reply to discuss. Thanks!

Comments

• Re: "Morrisons pays out £3 if £97 is saved. One stamp is awarded immediately when you hit £49 and two more at £98.

Stamps are available from check outs and can be redeemed any time, all year round but the bonus can only be spent in November or December in a single transaction so wait until then."

Important
    Please note that to get the saving the minimum spend is £50 in any one transaction (T&C No 3 on Morrison's Easy Saver Card).

Mike
    Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to p*** us off.
  • Shouldn't the Tesco Christmas Saver scheme be featured here? I don't mean the stamps thast are mentioned in the article, but the clubcard savings scheme, where you get a £6 bonus if you top up £100 before November...?
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
  • A reminder that the Wilkinson scheme is for life not just for Christmas.
    If you plan to spend £20 in a single transaction then purchase 19x£1 stamps at the checkout (with a cash back credit card of course ;)) and ask for a card (the 20th stamp is preprinted in the card)
    Wander back into the store, stick the stamps in the book, select your item and back to the checkout.
    Job done !
  • Shouldn't the Tesco Christmas Saver scheme be featured here? I don't mean the stamps thast are mentioned in the article, but the clubcard savings scheme, where you get a £6 bonus if you top up £100 before November...?

When is the last day I can collect Clubcard points for Christmas 2010? Points can be collected until 23rd October 2010. The last day for topping-up is 21st October 2010'

Details here http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/clubcard/faq.asp#christmas_savers_questions
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
  • umami
    umami Posts: 794
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The terms and conditions does not mention anywhere about haviing to spend the whole of your money between the bonus day and 31st december like it did in the past.
    In fact when I went to ask for a card I was told on friday they have all been withdrawn from the racks.
    It further says it is valid for 2 years.
    Does that mean I will not have this year, to spend all my money to get the bonus?
    I have read and re read and nowhere does it say you have to spend it by 31st dec. and bonus day to get your bonus.
  • chun wrote: »
    The terms and conditions does not mention anywhere about haviing to spend the whole of your money between the bonus day and 31st december like it did in the past.
    In fact when I went to ask for a card I was told on friday they have all been withdrawn from the racks.
    It further says it is valid for 2 years.
    Does that mean I will not have this year, to spend all my money to get the bonus?
    I have read and re read and nowhere does it say you have to spend it by 31st dec. and bonus day to get your bonus.
    You don't have to spend it by 31st of December. If you had the right amount on the card, you will already have received your bonus, and the full amount stays on your card until you have spent it (within 2 years). You don't have to spend it all in one go either.
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,224
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    So let me get this straight

Wilkinson can be used all year round and bonus is paid when you reach £19 and not a specific date? (so why expired?)

Asda missed bonus date of 21st Nov, but they don't have to be used at Xmas and could be used upto 2yrs after?

Confused about Morrisons - says bonus can only be spent in Dec - how does it distinquish between the bonus and the money you have put on it?
  • So let me get this straight

Wilkinson can be used all year round and bonus is paid when you reach £19 and not a specific date? (so why expired?)

Asda missed bonus date of 21st Nov, but they don't have to be used at Xmas and could be used upto 2yrs after?

Confused about Morrisons - says bonus can only be spent in Dec - how does it distinquish between the bonus and the money you have put on it?

Wilkinson: Its press office said last week the scheme has been pulled in its entirety for 'new savers'. The information has been kept in the article as although you can't pick up the cards or buy stamps any more, stores will honour stamps that have already been bought - so it's useful background information.

Asda: The balance on an Asda Savings card is valid for two years from the date of your last transaction (see the terms here).

Morrisons: It's a stick on card scheme, so it's obvious for the cashier to see which are the bonus stamps.
  • Hey the scheme is great idea yeah to boost up the business and also apart to the customers to get in discount, its a benefits on both sides, hope so its going to come up again this time.
  • The Asda scheme is up and running according to their website, but nothing's been updated on here...? Tesco also do the clubcard saver scheme, but that's not showing on here either?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure