Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    lottie.broome
    Can i get a mortgage on Fixed Term Contract?
    • 18th May 10, 8:54 PM
    Can i get a mortgage on Fixed Term Contract? 18th May 10 at 8:54 PM
    Hi,

Me and my fella are looking at houses at the mo. But, i am unsure if i will be approved a mortgage.

My fella has a good job earning about 25k. I am employed on a fixed term contract - ending next March - but the contract has been renewed for a further year after as we won more funding. I have been in post for nearly 4 months now. and earn 17k.

Would we be able to get a mortgage with me being fixed term? even though my fella is the main earner?

We went to Nationwide a while ago and they said i would not be considered.. but most contracts now a days are fixed - it does not seem fair, does anyone know any lenders who can offer us a mortgage?

Thanks,
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

220Posts Today

1,503Users online

Martin's Twitter