Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    IraHayes
    Cash withdrawal limit?
    • 11th May 10, 12:24 PM
    Cash withdrawal limit? 11th May 10 at 12:24 PM
    Just been informed by my local Santander branch (ex- B & B) that if I insist on cash I may withdraw 10k every 2 days. Though having now sat back and read this maybe he meant 2 days notice to *order* the cash, as he referred to the transaction. I must admit to being a little shocked at being told I was restricted to 10k maximum cash so theres a possibility I could have 10k/day as long as I gave 48 hours notice for each transaction. As it is I arranged for the cash 2 day from now and then another 2 days for the other 10k.

Is this standard practice across the banking sector?? Is it to prevent money laundering or some other illegal act? Is it they just don't like handing out cash and will put as many obstacles in ones way as possible?
    Oh and yes ... it had to be cash.

PS: I did google a thread from a year or so ago covering something similar on this forum but given the age of the thread I thought it best to post a new one as I wasn't sure of the *rules* for resurrecting old threads.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,386Posts Today

7,986Users online

Martin's Twitter