Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

QS Supplies Feedback
    • 30th Apr 10, 10:24 AM
    QS Supplies Feedback 30th Apr 10 at 10:24 AM
    I wanted to post some feedback on my recent experience of shopping online with QS Supplies. It has been a stressful and unsatisfactory one. I purchased a bathroom suite, taps, shower tray and door. Paid delivery and followed my order up with a telephone call and to check on the delivery date. Agreed a delivery date and took the day off work to receive it. Checked the morning of delivery and was told it would come between 12 and 5pm. I called again at 2pm to see if it I could contact the courier for a more specific time and was told they didn't like to deal direct with the consumer and that it would definitely arrive by 5pm. At 4pm with no sign of the delivery I called again and was told that if I hadn't been contacted by the courier to arrange a delivery date then the delivery was not scheduled yet. I obviously pointed out that we had had 4 converstions about the agreed delivery and no-one advised that the courier would arrange this with me.

To cut a long story short - many calls later I received my delivery on Thursday and not Tuesday as was originally agreed, or so I thought. And this only because I called on the Thursday morning to once again confirm and was actually advised that the courier would call me to arrange delivery. I insisted the goods were delivered on Thursday and this was accepted and fast-tracked otherwise it seems that it would have arrived a week late. In addition the shower tray had to be cancelled from the order because that was going to arrive separately and would have been around 10 days late. I didn't receive the agreed call an hour before delivery either. Purely by luck my builder was able to take delivery for me.

Overall, the customer service from QS Supplies has been very poor and I have had to chase again today for the refund they told me was processed over a week ago only to be told it hasn't been processed and they will start this today.

My advice - don't use them.
    Last edited by katiekatieww; 30-04-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: spelling error
Page 6
    • Bellabella
    • By Bellabella 16th Nov 16, 2:28 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    If you've had problems with QS Supplies, please contact Citizens Advice / Trading Standards. I ordered a bathroom cabinet last week (Nov 7th), and it arrived two days later (Nov 9th). Because it is large and quite heavy, I couldn't get it out of the outer box on my own. A friend came over 5 days later (Nov 14th), and we took it out together, only to see that it was damaged. I tried calling QS within their advertised opening hours, but there was no reply. So, I emailed them. Their email reply was that they wouldn't give me a refund as I hadn't let them know within 3 days. I called Citizens' Advice as I was pretty sure that wasn't right. Under the Consumer Rights Act, you have 30 days to report any damage. I emailed QS back telling them this and again asking for a refund. This time they replied asking why it had taken me 7 days to let them know about the damage. It was actually 5, but either way, that's irrelevant, which I told them in my email reply, where I again asked for a refund. I also mentioned that I had made a complaint to Trading Standards. They replied that they would make an exception this time and replace the cabinet but that if there were problems with it, I should let them know within 48 hours. I've initiated a Chargeback request with RBS and made a complaint to Paypal now. If QS do have any idea of their legal obligations, they aren't interested in meeting them. The feedback on google shows just how many people they have messed around. AVOID!!!
    Last edited by Bellabella; 16-11-2016 at 2:42 PM.
    • srdoddy
    • By srdoddy 21st Jan 17, 7:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Total Joke
    One day soon I hope there will be an end to companies like this operating until that day I hope reviews like this warn but a few customes to shop elsewhere
    I purchased a bath and fittings from this companies website on the 30th of Dec, the bath in question was advertised as being delivered within 7 days ,with a few clicks and 5 minutes later the money was out of my account . I did not receive any notifacation of my order but with it being that time of the year I accepted that there could be a few days delay . After the week had passed I decided to contact them as now everyone back at work didnt want the bath arriving with no one home ,a short blunt email was returned a one liner simply saying they expect the bath week commencing 6th of March when we get it we will let you know . This being some 10 weeks from the order date I thought to be a typing error so tried ringing them numerous times with no answer . on the 13th of Jan I sent a email cancelling my order and requested a return of my money ,after a few days with no reply I sat on the phone until I got an answer . the phone call taken by an individual that had no apology in him /a so what atitude, repeated my sent email back to me, on asking if it had been actioned he replied that he would cancel it then and pass it on the the cancellation dept ,on inquiring how long before I received my mony back was told 48 to 72 hrs . The cancellation Dept must be very busy as still no refund. 3 weeks of wasted time while trying to finish a bathroom in my home the nagging from the missus totally down to the unacceptable services from QSsupplies . There are plenty of bathroom suppliers out there please dont like me be led by their web site into thinking that they have and will supply anything as in their email to me when they get it you can have it obviously after they take their proffit . I have since purchased the same bath elsewhere for £80 less hey rang the suppliers and confirmed delivery wold be within two weeks and did not require payment until 2 days before delivery thats what you expect .
    • hassanbashir1984
    • By hassanbashir1984 8th Feb 17, 3:31 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Awful experience
    We made our bathroom suite order on the 28th Jan 2017 for an entire bathroom and were told 5 working days it would take.

They then sent us an email on the 31st January telling us it would be delivered on the week commencing 6th Feb 2017.

I rang earlier today at 12:11pm 8th feb 2017 and spoke with a gentlemen who advised it would be dispatched today for a potential delivery tomorrow. I explained my frustration of the wait having waited 8 working days already and he promised he would escalate it to the supervisor and call me back. 3pm no phone call so I rang back and spoke with someone proclaiming to be the manager on the phone who explained to me I had now missed the 12pm dispatch time and it would probably arrive Friday 10th Feb! as we hadn't booked the next day delivery? I explained I was not mentioned or given the option of next day delivery to which he replied 'well I'm telling you'

All in all a poor customer service, not stuck to their service level agreements, no professionalism or manners in dealing with customers with poor knowledge and misleading advice on delivery. This company should be investigated as I've read so many poor reviews about them just now online!
    • matt.d.
    • By matt.d. 27th Feb 17, 8:57 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    I ordered a tap only to find that the photo on their website didn't accurately show all of the tap so I sent it back (that cost me £13!!). 2wks later I had not received a refund so called them - they confirmed that they had received the tap (I knew that because I'd had it tracked) and would chase up the refund. Another week, no refund. I then raised a case against them through Paypal who supported me fully and yet they still dragged it out. I won't use them again and I'd tell anyone not to use them. Shysters.....
    • MathiasN
    • By MathiasN 6th May 17, 6:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stay away
    Looking at all the bad comments it is a miracle this company is still alive.

More than a month that I have ordered a bathroom cabinet. No news since then. No news at all. You don't get any info by email, impossible to reach anyone over the phone. And of course you paid upfront.

I am curious to hear from those who said that they would sue them.
    • By PETER ROE 8th May 17, 12:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Good price but no stock - shop elsewhere
    Ordered Laufen toilet online. Payment was taken on my card immediately (nearly £500). Web site states product available 3 working days. Telephoned them after 2 working days. Told it would be dispatched within 3 more days. Nothing arrived. Phoned again and told it had not come in but would be on this week's delivery and would be sent straight out. Nothing arrived. Phoned again and told there were none in the UK and they were awaiting the factory. Received email informing me they did not know when the product would be delivered. Day 17 received another email informing me they were cancelling my order (no explanation why) and it would take up to 7 days for me to receive a refund to my card. Checked their website today - product still offered for sale with 3 day availability.
    My advice is to shop elsewhere.
    • The Souter
    • By The Souter 15th May 17, 11:43 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    The Souter
    Don't even thinkaboudit!
    Sorry but not for you a litany of errors, lies, bust promises, rudeness, obfuscation, failed just-call-you-backs, non- deliveries, wrong deliveries, damaged deliveries, incompetence, phantom products and so on...

Let me just say that in my 5 month ordeal the low point was when one of their operatives outright refused to give me their name, questioning with increasing venom and volume why I would want to know it. Most of the lads are clearly weary of the utterly broken system they are a part of. Some responded well to my outrageously patient queries regarding progress; others struggled to contain their disdain. It was bewildering being told that I must be mistaken about the length of delay, as if they had some grip on the narrative.

Theirs is a Byzantine world of warehouses, offices, stockists and delivery companies where a successful outcome does occasionally happen. Several smaller items arrived timeously and intact. Do not presume that a more obscure item will similarly speed it's way to you. It may well never arrive. Except in their minds.

Two of my own customers, unaware of service quality and driven by price, took the plunge. I even petitioned on behalf of one (being on first name terms with the whole staff except one) after they revealed their plight. Both did eventually receive full refunds after exploring the arcane ritual of a QS Supplies order. Not so arcane it would appear.
    • keith969
    • By keith969 16th Aug 17, 9:41 AM
    • 1,294 Posts
    • 950 Thanks
    In case it helps anyone, I bought various supplies for a cloakroom refit from MyTub ( and they were great. Cheapest pricing for what I needed and promptly delivered.
    Originally posted by jumpedtheshark
    Avoid MyTub - they refused to refund/change a bath that was faulty on the grounds that the damage wasn't notified within 7 days (it was not noticeable until the plumber came to fit it).
    Heaven wasn't built in a day
    • GordonNB
    • By GordonNB 28th Jan 18, 8:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Horrendous - big mistake to choose QS
    The prices from QS seemed competitive but I really wish I had bought from anywhere else. I spent over £2,200 but then had over two months trying to deal with failed deliveries, broken items being delivered, responsibility denied, re-ordering, chasing up refunds etc. My installer left, the whole project ground to a halt. In the end I had to order a toilet from elsewhere and hand over 40+ pages of emails to my credit card company to raise a disputed transaction. This has been an incredibly frustrating company to deal with - you cannot telephone product support, managers will not come to the phone, etc. I have been without a bathroom for 3 months so far and am down nearly £700 as a direct result of choosing QS supplies.
    • H Larrett
    • By H Larrett 13th Mar 18, 10:23 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    H Larrett
    Agree with all previous posters. These guys are DREADFUL. I just bought a sink from them. When I opened the box it was cracked into pieces, but they are refusing to refund me or replace it. Just unbelievable. Utter cowboys.
    • laurencewhite
    • By laurencewhite 15th Mar 18, 2:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Complete shambles from a fraudulent company!!!
    I placed an order for a bath, bath panel and bath waste, however, the wrong bath was delivered so I arranged for the items to be uplifted for a refund.

The first uplift did not take place as they did not provide sufficient time to allow me to arrange for someone to be in the property. i.e. I received less than 24 hours notice

As I received no information regarding any further uplifts, and no paperwork was provided by the driver, I was unaware which items were to be uplifted during the subsequent uplift. However, the driver chose to uplift all three items at the same time.

Several weeks later, I received a credit for only one of the items (the bath) When I enquired about the credit for the other 2 items (the bath panel and waste) I was told that these had not arrived back in their depot.

QS Supplies have advised that I should have been given an uplift note from the driver detailing what should have been uplifted and that this would require to be signed by me at the time of the uplift. I can't recall any paperwork being shown to me at the time of uplift and have requested QS Supplies to provide me with a copy of this but they have failed to do so.

I have expressed on several occasions that I cannot be held responsible for the failure of the driver or the warehouse staff in identifying what happened to the items after they were uplifted from me.

However, QS Supplies have advised that nothing further can be done.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,350Posts Today

7,731Users online

Martin's Twitter