Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Clothing for Interview on JSA
    • 26th Apr 10, 8:13 PM
    Clothing for Interview on JSA 26th Apr 10 at 8:13 PM
    I went to sign on today, and to see my personal advisor at the job center. Whilst I was there she set up an interview for me for Thursday.

I have no clothes suitable to attend the interview in, and as you can imagine, with only JSA as my income, money is tight!

I rang my Mum to talk about it and she mentioned that the Job Center can help with money towards clothes for interviews - and it reminded me of something I was told at the beginning of my claim which I briefly remember.

I've googled to look for something about it, and have found that it is called the 'Advisor Discretionary Fund'. I have the phone number to call in the morning to see if I can get help towards costs. I'm worried that it is such short notice, as I only got the interview set up today, and it is on Thursday - giving me 2 days to buy clothes.

Does anyone know how this ADF works, or what it entails?
    Proud Weight Watcher
    Start Weight: 15st 13lb Current Weight: 10st 5lb
    Total Loss to Date: 5st 8lb
    - - -
    Current 2011 Goal: Lose 8lb by 25th December
    Loss This Week: -3 Total Loss 2011: -3
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,575Posts Today

6,183Users online

Martin's Twitter