Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Elvisia
    How to cancel a gym membership
    • 11th Aug 06, 2:02 PM
    How to cancel a gym membership 11th Aug 06 at 2:02 PM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com insert

For a full list of the latest offers and deals, as well as advice on managing your gym membership, see the Cheap Gyms guide.

Back to the original post...

------------------------

Hello
    I am trying to cancel my LA Fitness membership, I have been a member for about 3 years, but I changed my membership to get a joint membership with a friend, then rejoined after a year when she left. Because that was only 6 months ago they are telling me I need to pay to cancel this membership, and my previous years there don't count as "the system will ask for a cancellation fee" and they're saying it will be between 150-250!!!! They keep telling me to find someone else, I have advertised at work and put an ad on gumtree.com but I am running out of options. They also keep telling me to sell it to a family member, but since everyone is over 70 years old and live 25 miles away that's not going to happen and it's getting offensive as I explain this then they ask again if any family members can take over.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can either not pay so much to the gym, or where i can advertise it? I am moving abroad in a month's time, so I need to cancel it soon. I don't seem to have any rights as the gym said they would take me to court if I didn't pay the fee (which they haven't even decided on). I do feel very much at their mercy?
    Last edited by Former MSE Michael; 08-03-2013 at 1:27 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

157Posts Today

1,379Users online

Martin's Twitter