Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Rob 180
    Better Bathrooms.com complaint
    • 16th Apr 10, 8:21 PM
    Better Bathrooms.com complaint 16th Apr 10 at 8:21 PM
    Hi, I purchased a new bathroom suite at the end of January on the internet, on delivery the box was not damaged, I opened it and all looked OK so left it in the garage. I then booked plumbers who could not fit it until last week. On starting the work they picked the toilet up to discover a crack to the base which was not noticeable from above. I have complained several times and the company have refused to replace as they say I have not notified them in a reasonable period of time (although the first lady I spoke with thought this was reasonable.)
    I have health issues so am unable to lift this myself as it weighs 30KG. Reading about consumer rights it looks as if I am entitled to an exchange as long as I have notified the damage within 6 months.
    Do you think I have a case to take this further as I did not notice the damage for 2 months, my initial thought is small claims court ??
Page 6
    • Cityview
    • By Cityview 1st Sep 17, 10:28 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cityview
    Avoid this company
    As I write, my phone shows that today I've waited 1 hour 49 minutes for their non-delivery team to answer my call, This is after waiting for 2 hours 11 minutes yesterday, when I eventually gave up after lack of patience and lack of phone credit. Having driven away from my address with my goods 2 days ago, I've had to pay for re-delivery, was promised it woud happen today, have received no notification, the number given on their Order Advice was their 'Northern' depot, who were incapable of helping, and the 3 year old playing a Casio keyboard to irritate the **** out of me has now been playing for 1 hours 54 minutes. I regret ever using them in the first place and will make damned sure I NEVER use them again
    • FiConn
    • By FiConn 1st Sep 17, 5:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    FiConn
    Worst customer service ever!
    Dreadful company - absolute cowboys! Purchased a number of items from Better Bathrooms, including cloakroom basin taps/waste. Within a few months the chrome started pitting. Customer Service Dept. asked for photographs (which I provided) and after a lengthy dialogue with them, their "quality control dept" concluded that we had used corrosive products on the taps - what utter rubbish! Since then, the tap and waste have lost more chrome until they look an eyesore. Pieces have been breaking off the taps, too, until the water comes out at an angle - two years on, we have had no option but to replace with quality fittings at our own expense. The plumber had a terrible job removing the waste as it was literally breaking into pieces as he did so. DO NOT SHOP THERE! You do get what you pay for, but these are not the cheapest company by any length.
    • trickyjuju
    • By trickyjuju 3rd Sep 17, 12:26 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    trickyjuju
    Better bathrooms won't refund me !
    I have been reading the notes on 'illegal trading' and the very bad service offered through better bathrooms. We got a bathroom, items didn't fit so we ordered other items still from better bathrooms. Come to get my money back for the original ones and they said no. They got the goods back at my expense still in the original package but insisted on a credit note. I don't need a credit note as I have finished then bathroom and don't need anything else. Can I insist on my money and not a credit note?
    Can't think of a word or words I can type to describe these people and how I feel
    • Ash Pole
    • By Ash Pole 12th Sep 17, 6:15 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Ash Pole
    I just wish I'd read this thread before buying something off them. Problem with the delivery, and impossible to speak to anyone in customer service.
    • mufchuck
    • By mufchuck 20th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mufchuck
    junk and rubbish after sales ...non existant phone waiting after sales
    rubbish total junk and a bad service.
    paid for next day.....never came after waiting in all day no phone call to say it was not coming......rearranged a new date after me having to call them....came on a date before this when no one was in managed to phone a friend to go receive item......was told a refund was being made for the extra I paid for next day....still not had my money back.....
    the shower cubicle is a piece of junk you have to drill your own holes to fix panels together (not a big problem for me and some people to get alignment right)but why?????
    had problems sealing the panels eventually it was leaking from the manufactured joints on the glass (super cheap piece of junk)
    leaked from the waste joint the seal on this was damaged when I removed to inspect and had to seal with ptfe sheet I cut myself (couldn't find any pre made ones in diy shop)
    and god forbid the trouble I had in getting pipework to fit the hose that came with the waste pipe was about 2 mm in dia smaller than standard.
    be very surprised if this lasts more than 12 months
    • Turbochap
    • By Turbochap 11th Nov 17, 5:27 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Turbochap
    Manager Wigan Branch Terrible
    We had a problem with a sink top that was the wrong colour and tried to change it. After 4 calls to customer service with a wait time of at least 40mins and getting nowhere, one lady stayed that they would check the cctv to determine what we ordered. I was requested to send in photos and a email, and made 5 calls to the Wigan branch where we purchased the bathroom. Several sales people said they would email the manager to resolve the situation, when I asked to speak to the manager, they stated he was busy, on a break or it was protocol to email rather than speak to him. Explained that I was delaying the installation, due to the fact the part was wrong, they said the manager would deal with it after speaking to the original sales person Again no call back, several calls later, I was told by sales, I could exchange myself at the distribution warehouse, this I arrange to do only to have a call 1hr later to be informed, the part was not available for TWo weeks. Still no apaology and the manager did not have the decency to call me. He should be fired for being so incompetent. Do noe EVER by from this place. Read all the reviews online, BAD customer service.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,132Posts Today

4,612Users online

Martin's Twitter