Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lucifa73
    • By Lucifa73 6th Apr 10, 10:32 PM
    • 7,282Posts
    • 9,085Thanks
    Lucifa73
    Lucifa's (Ac)counting the pennies DFW diary
    • 6th Apr 10, 10:32 PM
    Lucifa's (Ac)counting the pennies DFW diary 6th Apr 10 at 10:32 PM
    Hi there. Me again

So why the new diary? Well after 14months of being unemployed (8 months of which had been planned as maternity leave...) I have, today, been offered a job. Pretty good timing as JSA was about to run out mid May and the redundancy pot is pretty much empty.... Talk about cutting it fine!!!

Anyways, I start work in 12 days time (those who don't already know will soon learn I don't hang about once a decision is taken), which means there is not much time to get done things that need to be got done...

I need to compile a to do list, sort out a budget and get back on the fast track to being debt free.

When I first had a true LBM in early 2008 I owed nearly £8,000 and by Jan 2009 had reduced the debt to £4,482 and was well on track for being all but debt free by now but Fate dealt a blow in the form of redundancy. Between making up small monthly shortfalls and some optimistic/comfort spending my debt has gradually risen again. I haven't got a precise total but I know I owe roughly £7,000. Not quite back to square one, but not great either.

The debt is made up of four balances :

Santander loan : £1,400
    Egg Mastercard : £2,200
    Tesco Mastercard : £2,000
    HBoS o/draft : £1,400

The loan is fixed term and will be paid off in December this year. The most expensive is the overdraft which will be tackled first and foremost. I can't believe a year ago it was all but clear

Personal budget looks something like this:

Income 1,900

Joint account (1,000)
    A&L loan (156)
    Mobile phone (20)
    Tesco card (60)
    Egg card (40)
    Contacts (20)
    Cat insurance (14)
    Overdraft (200)
    Commute (90)
    Spends (100)

BALANCE 327

The surplus will be chucked at debt for the most part and I will put away some for Xmas/holiday and goodies.

So onwards and upwards then I guess
    Last edited by Lucifa73; 07-04-2010 at 9:40 PM.
    80/20 - Life is to be enjoyed, not endured
Page 8
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 30th Nov 17, 7:04 PM
    • 898 Posts
    • 5,228 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Thanks

Have just read through yours too
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st Dec 17, 3:29 PM
    • 49,085 Posts
    • 182,315 Thanks
    beanielou
    Fancy seeing you here
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Lucifa73
    • By Lucifa73 1st Dec 17, 9:34 PM
    • 7,282 Posts
    • 9,085 Thanks
    Lucifa73
    Hi Beanie! I've been snooping around seeing what's what - so many new face! Looking forward to easing back into things!

Hope you are keeping well and DS is taking care of you properly!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st Dec 17, 9:38 PM
    • 49,085 Posts
    • 182,315 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hi Beanie! I've been snooping around seeing what's what - so many new face! Looking forward to easing back into things!

Hope you are keeping well and DS is taking care of you properly!
    Originally posted by Lucifa73
    DS & GF of 5 years are all grown up & living in a flat
    That is scary~~I feel old

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Lucifa73
    • By Lucifa73 1st Dec 17, 10:04 PM
    • 7,282 Posts
    • 9,085 Thanks
    Lucifa73
    So what do I need to know that wasn't around a few years ago? Actually how long have I been away? Was DS2 with us? I seem to think not and he is now 5

I see there is no longer a Daily Chat so what goes on for entertainment around here? Have to admit, I feel like a bit of a snooper/stalker checking out random diaries
    • Pooky
    • By Pooky 2nd Dec 17, 8:49 AM
    • 6,737 Posts
    • 41,655 Thanks
    Pooky
    Welcome back - hadn’t realised you’d had another DS so congrats (5 years late but hey!)
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 2nd Dec 17, 10:47 AM
    • 898 Posts
    • 5,228 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning

I've been on forum since April this year so the Daily Chat stuff must have been long gone by then...

Generally, I am on the forum most days, as like others I feel it helps keep me focused and accountable IYKWIM
    Snooping and stalking folks Diaries? Oh no, that's just visiting friends and catching up on the goss on here
    Everyone has their favourites / friends Diaries that we subscribe to for e-mail notification of updates. It's nice to keep up with how everyone is doing.

I don't know what it was like when you were last on but it is a great and friendly community of good folks who look out for each other and provide advice, support, kick up the backside as/when necessary.

So just knock on the diary door as it were, read, comment and re-join the community. You'll soon get back into the swing of it and you're always welcome to visit my diary, I've subscribed to yours
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 2nd Dec 17, 4:55 PM
    • 49,085 Posts
    • 182,315 Thanks
    beanielou
    Daily chat has very long gone.
    Oh they were the days the friends.............
    I certainly knew about DS 2
    Scary that the boys are so grown up.
    But then look at Pooky & i

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

287Posts Today

1,465Users online

Martin's Twitter