Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • AndrewSmith
    • By AndrewSmith 29th Jul 06, 7:15 PM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 2,238 Thanks
    AndrewSmith
    • #2
    • 29th Jul 06, 7:15 PM
    • #2
    • 29th Jul 06, 7:15 PM
    Why not ask the Nationwide advisor?

    As a broker I would say it is feasable however it does depend on the specifics of your case.

    Even though you are porting it will still be subject to credit check/score, income verification, underwriting, valuation etc.

    Nationwide are turning them round in about 2-3 weeks in general at the moment so I would say you need to advise them of the exchange date when you apply for the mortgage.
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 29th Jul 06, 7:30 PM
    • 5,890 Posts
    • 2,898 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    • #3
    • 29th Jul 06, 7:30 PM
    • #3
    • 29th Jul 06, 7:30 PM
    My cousin ported hers last month and it took 2 weeks, but as the above poster says check with your nationwide advisor
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • foiled
    • #4
    • 29th Jul 06, 8:21 PM
    • #4
    • 29th Jul 06, 8:21 PM
    Thank you both for your quick response.
  • Scott
    • #5
    • 30th Jul 06, 1:42 AM
    • #5
    • 30th Jul 06, 1:42 AM
    The important thing in getting an offer quickly is ensuring all the correct info is in the lender's hands ASAP.
    Scott
  • Norbert Colon
    • #6
    • 30th Jul 06, 10:41 AM
    • #6
    • 30th Jul 06, 10:41 AM
    Yes, sending all the right documents (payslips, bank statements etc) that they ask for avoids delays.

    Then again my offer was held up for 2 weeks because the 'case owner' was on holiday. Next time I will definitely keep phoning to chase them.
    • aloiseb
    • By aloiseb 5th Aug 06, 10:25 PM
    • 687 Posts
    • 464 Thanks
    aloiseb
    • #7
    • 5th Aug 06, 10:25 PM
    • #7
    • 5th Aug 06, 10:25 PM
    We used the L and C broker and unfortunately he was a bit too sanguine about how exact we needed to be on one of our forms, which has resulted in a delay. I'd probably deal direct another time, to avoid this sort of thing - AND I'd use the solicitor the estate agent recommends too, as it would save having to listen to him badmouthing our solicitor every time things get held up...)
    • david29dpo
    • By david29dpo 6th Aug 06, 6:32 AM
    • 3,666 Posts
    • 1,387 Thanks
    david29dpo
    • #8
    • 6th Aug 06, 6:32 AM
    • #8
    • 6th Aug 06, 6:32 AM
    got mine in 4 days from the west brom!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

176Posts Today

1,440Users online

Martin's Twitter