Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > I wanna buy-it or do-it > Anyone used Buyfinediamonds.com ??? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Anyone used Buyfinediamonds.com ???
Closed Thread
Views: 8,559
# 1
WOW Factor 0
dblue75
Old 19-03-2010, 2:33 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Anyone used Buyfinediamonds.com ???

Anyone ???

Trying to find out if they are legit or not....have stuff on Ebay and Amazon and an on-line shop.....

can't see any reviews of it anywhere so very wary about parting with cash to them.

Does anyone know anything of them or about them ???
# 2
thatguy1
Old 19-03-2010, 3:24 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

according to there site their address is
7,88-90 Hatton Garden
London EC1N 8PN
UK

BUT... that's the address of E Katz & Co Ltd - www.ekatz.co.uk
ALSO
7 Hatton Garden is Bassange Jewellery - www.bassange.com

they do have a lot of positive feedback on Amazon

Last edited by thatguy1; 19-03-2010 at 3:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to thatguy1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
dblue75
Old 19-03-2010, 3:27 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hmmmm.................Dodgy then ?????
# 4
dblue75
Old 19-03-2010, 3:35 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Buy Fine Diamonds(0 Miles)
Be the 1st to rate this business
Unit 7/88-90 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8PN
Tel: 020 7404 0492
Jewellers in EC1N8PN
Map | Reviews

From Thomson local ......maybe they are Genuine ???
# 5
michaelaeloise
Old 01-07-2010, 1:15 PM
MoneySaving Convert

They are based in the jewellery quarter in london, that could be the reason for so many jewellers names coming up at that address. I ordered a wedding ring from their ebay site, have just received it this morning, will let you know what the jewellers say when i take it in to get valued, looks lovely though hope its real as its a bargain if so!
Thank you to everyone who takes the time to post comps
# 6
Mr_P
Old 05-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I am potentially looking at buying from them to.... very good price quoted! Have you had chance to get your ring valued?
2008 for 2008 club No. 286
Jan wins - 213, Feb wins - 55.80 March Wins - 27
(left to go: 1712.20)
# 7
Twuntenstein
Old 05-07-2010, 6:46 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Good for me

Hello,

Had to register to let you know that I had a great experience with buyfinediamonds.com. Had the same suspicions as you, but took the plunge and bought some earnings for my wife for our wedding - had them checked and everything was absolutely perfect, jeweller confirmed them to be what they said they were.

While I'm on would also recommend the beautiful company, we got our rings from them, again well less than the high street and had a very good experience, were prompt, good at communicating and generally took the stress out of buying wedding rings.

Hope that helps, off to hunt out washing machine bargins I logged on for...

Last edited by Twuntenstein; 07-07-2010 at 1:23 PM.
# 8
spacecraft
Old 07-07-2010, 8:56 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I looked at them as well and waiting for a jeweller friend to have a look. I'll post what they say. !!!!!enstein 'beautiful company' - you don't by any chance work for them?
# 9
Mr_P
Old 07-07-2010, 9:39 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecraft View Post
I looked at them as well and waiting for a jeweller friend to have a look. I'll post what they say. !!!!!enstein 'beautiful company' - you don't by any chance work for them?

I wondered that to! - I have ordered from them... very good price and all seems good! i will let you know what mine is like... look forward to seeing what your jeweller friend says!

When speaking to the company they said they had only been selling to the public for 2-3 months as they were 100% trade before! may explain the prices!
2008 for 2008 club No. 286
Jan wins - 213, Feb wins - 55.80 March Wins - 27
(left to go: 1712.20)
# 10
Twuntenstein
Old 07-07-2010, 1:23 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecraft View Post

No, have no connection - just wanted to reward a company for good service with a mention as found when looking at similar things to buyfinediamonds and had similar concerns with both about cost and registered business addresses, etc. Had a good experiene with both, think people are often quick to criticise poor service, so wanted to offer positive mention for those who provide a good experience.

Incidentally, I bought from both last September, so saying they were just trade until 2/3 months ago isn't correct - and now makes me wonder! Still the goods were checked out and legit, so no problem I suppose.

Last edited by Twuntenstein; 07-07-2010 at 1:26 PM.
# 11
123stamp61
Old 05-10-2011, 5:13 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Buy Fine Diamonds

I bought from them and my local jeweller valued their product at much more than I paid.

Some of the diamonds are not the best quality but they do show their clarity etc clearly on their website.

I was very pleased with their quick service and even more pleased when my local jeweller told me their valuation.
# 12
woody1974
Old 17-11-2011, 12:51 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Be very wary

Hi,

I found a fantastic ring on the website, purchased it and should have really followed my gut instinct not to buy online.

Paid 900 for a ring in the picture - when it arrived (4 days late) it was completely different to the picture and what can only be describes as "similar"
Put it this way - the shoulder settings had six diamonds either side on the picture and when it arrived it only had three!

Extremely disappointed. Lovely ring - but was utterley short changed.

Got full refund minus the postage within 3 days though.

My advise is, do not buy without seeing.... Which was a shame as they offer good prices.
# 13
Capri44488
Old 20-12-2011, 6:55 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Great experience !!!!

The ring was delivered as described and in super fast time. Unfortunately my girlfriend didnt actually like the ring though. The ring was then returned to seller and the refund was given immediately. I would recommend this company to you and I will certainly use them again. Great experience.
# 14
mandywallis
Old 22-08-2012, 12:03 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

My fiance bought my engagement ring from them & it arrived late & was not what he ordered. He bought a 0.70 point blue diamond ring but when it came it was very small. I took it to my local jeweller who informed me at best the diamond was 0.58 points and that was being generous! We phoned the company up only to be told just return it for a full refund! When I tried to speak to him he gave me loads of drivel about how blue diamonds weigh more so although the diamond looked smaller it was indeed a 0.70 point diamond. When I informed my local jeweller of this he nearly fell off his chair laughing!! I would NEVER buy from this company again.
Closed Thread