Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andy40
    • By andy40 17th Mar 10, 6:59 PM
    • 167Posts
    • 179Thanks
    andy40
    Halifax Retail Bank Collections - informationm
    • 17th Mar 10, 6:59 PM
    Halifax Retail Bank Collections - informationm 17th Mar 10 at 6:59 PM
    Hi,

Today I got a letter from Halifax saying 'Our representative will be calling your home on ..." and gave a phone number.
    I called the number and found it was "Retail Bank Collections" (out of hours).

I dont have any dealings with Halfax. Does anyone know what this may be about?

Thanks
    LBM Dec 08
    DMP Aug 09
    DFD 2014!
Page 1
  • scouselad1974
    • 17th Mar 10, 10:11 PM
    • 17th Mar 10, 10:11 PM
    Hi,

Today I got a letter from Halifax saying 'Our representative will be calling your home on ..." and gave a phone number.
    I called the number and found it was "Retail Bank Collections" (out of hours).

I dont have any dealings with Halfax. Does anyone know what this may be about?

Thanks
    Originally posted by andy40
    Hi

Do you have an Aqua Card by any chance or a credit card issued by Halifax.
    They say calling your home as a scare tactic as most people assume they mean calling at your home and then telephone them falling into their trap.
    DMP mutual support thread member:327
    • andy40
    • By andy40 18th Mar 10, 6:19 AM
    • 167 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    andy40
    • 18th Mar 10, 6:19 AM
    • 18th Mar 10, 6:19 AM
    As far as Im aware I have no dealings with Halifax or HBOS.
    I will call today.
    LBM Dec 08
    DMP Aug 09
    DFD 2014!
  • helsee
    • 18th Mar 10, 9:25 AM
    • 18th Mar 10, 9:25 AM
    ive had numerous letters frm halifax claiming to be sending someone round and they never ever have. If by chance they do these doorstep agents have no mo9re rights than the milkman so tell them to jog on.
    • andy40
    • By andy40 20th Mar 10, 9:22 AM
    • 167 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    andy40
    • 20th Mar 10, 9:22 AM
    • 20th Mar 10, 9:22 AM
    As it turns out Halfix provide my Sainsburys credit card, although I could not find this information on my Sainsburys statement.
    They wanted to check my addres was correct. Once I had confirmed it they were ok.
    LBM Dec 08
    DMP Aug 09
    DFD 2014!
    • catmiaow
    • By catmiaow 20th Mar 10, 10:03 AM
    • 5,488 Posts
    • 36,694 Thanks
    catmiaow
    • 20th Mar 10, 10:03 AM
    • 20th Mar 10, 10:03 AM
    Halifax have their hands in different things, I didn't realise they were behind Shields Wheels.
    No you're not a vegetarian if you eat any animal or fish, so do not insult genuine veggies by calling yourself one!

Thanks to everyone who posts competitions. You are the stars of the board
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

346Posts Today

1,345Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • British Gas 5% gas only price cut's paltry, like the rest, typically youll still be RIPPED OFF £300/yr. Check now https://t.co/4z6ZQAFv5T RT

• Trust me reading about it isn't as bad as experiencing it https://t.co/c4GAjeuxcU

• Just got into an empty lift at Itv. And quite clearly there's been a very recent very farty previous resident!

• Follow Martin