Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Benefits & Tax Credits > Missed ATOS medical will ESA be stopped? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

  • Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

    Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

  • No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Missed ATOS medical will ESA be stopped?
Closed Thread
Views: 2,791
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
# 1
happymumto2
Old 10-03-2010, 9:58 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 325
Default Missed ATOS medical will ESA be stopped?

Have made a bit of a c**k up (was bound to happen!!). I have so many appointments to attend I write them all down on my calendar, went to leave for another medical this morning, when I went to grab the letter to take with me appointment was 8th March at 10am, I had written 10th March 10am on calendar. Rang them straight away, and all the lady said was "is nothing we can do about it now, wait for a letter and send it back immediately stating why you did not attend".
Will my ESA be stopped in the interim? Am in a right pickle.
Thanks in advance.
happymumto2 is offline
Report Post
# 2
aimee0763
Old 10-03-2010, 10:06 AM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 147
Default esa

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymumto2 View Post
Have made a bit of a c**k up (was bound to happen!!). I have so many appointments to attend I write them all down on my calendar, went to leave for another medical this morning, when I went to grab the letter to take with me appointment was 8th March at 10am, I had written 10th March 10am on calendar. Rang them straight away, and all the lady said was "is nothing we can do about it now, wait for a letter and send it back immediately stating why you did not attend".
Will my ESA be stopped in the interim? Am in a right pickle.
Thanks in advance.
Your best bet is to ask the ESA office they would be able to tell you exactly where you stand.
aimee0763 is offline
Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to aimee0763 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
happymumto2
Old 10-03-2010, 10:15 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee0763 View Post
Your best bet is to ask the ESA office they would be able to tell you exactly where you stand.
Am waiting for them to call me back, had rung them this morning in relation to a different problem, so will ask them then. Am just in a bit of a panic, as they always seem to be making errors with my ESA, I panic over anything at the moment!
happymumto2 is offline
Report Post
# 4
Indie Kid
Old 10-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 16,487
Default

I think you get a letter in the post asking you for reasons as to why you didn't attend.
Indie Kid is offline
Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Indie Kid For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
NASA
Old 10-03-2010, 7:59 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,356
Send a message via MSN to NASA
Default

Your ESA will be stopped unless they accept that you had 'good cause' for not attending your medical. If they dont accept good cause then you can appeal but will not be paid on appeal.
NASA is offline
Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to NASA For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
MrsHelpful
Old 10-03-2010, 8:23 PM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASA View Post
Your ESA will be stopped unless they accept that you had 'good cause' for not attending your medical. If they dont accept good cause then you can appeal but will not be paid on appeal.
Thanks NASA, I am not sure my reason will be good cause, I wrote it down wrong on my calendar. Have passed the initial medical, this was about helping me back to work medical.
I have no other valid reason other than I have written it down wrong.
MrsHelpful is offline
Report Post
Closed Thread

Bookmarks
 
 




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 Forum Jump  

Contact Us - MoneySavingExpert.com - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 5:37 PM.

 Forum Jump  

Free MoneySaving Email

Top deals: Week of 23 April 2014

Get all this & more in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email full of guides, vouchers and Deals

GET THIS FREE WEEKLY EMAIL Full of deals, guides & it's spam free

Latest News & Blogs

Martin's Twitter Feed

profile

Cheap Travel Money

Find the best online rate for holiday cash with MSE's TravelMoneyMax.

Find the best online rate for your holiday cash with MoneySavingExpert's TravelMoneyMax.

TuneChecker Top Albums

  • VARIOUS ARTISTSNOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC! 87
  • VARIOUS ARTISTSFROZEN (ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK)
  • VARIOUS ARTISTSNOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL 21ST CENTURY

MSE's Twitter Feed

profile
Always remember anyone can post on the MSE forums, so it can be very different from our opinion.
We use Skimlinks and other affiliated links in some of our boards, for some of our users.