Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

New Condensing Boiler = Flue dripping external water?
    • 4th Mar 10, 10:17 PM
    New Condensing Boiler = Flue dripping external water? 4th Mar 10 at 10:17 PM

I have recently (last week) had a new condensing combi boiler installed (Glow Worm Flexicom 35HX). I have noticed that when its in use there is always a patch of water outside on the block-paved driveway underneath the flue. Am i right in thinking this should not be the case and that this should be coming back into the boiler and into the condensing drain ? This was ordered direct with Glow Worm and fitted by one of their sub-contracting firms. Today we had a visit from a Glow Worm Service Engineer to 'commission' the boiler and check installation was ok. When it was mentioned to him he said it was 'normal'. I've looked at the flue and it appears to be very slightly tilted back so not sure why there is this patch???

Any thoughts/suggestions would be most appreciated, - I'm thinking of contacting them again but feel like they've already decided all is ok.

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,533Posts Today

7,259Users online

Martin's Twitter