Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • michellen34
    • By michellen34 3rd Mar 10, 3:45 PM
    • 685Posts
    • 86Thanks
    michellen34
    How long does it take to transfer money from one bank to another bank pls?
    • 3rd Mar 10, 3:45 PM
    How long does it take to transfer money from one bank to another bank pls? 3rd Mar 10 at 3:45 PM
    Hiya,

Just a quick question, how long would it take to transfer money from abbey a lloyds bank account please? would it be instant in showing in my account or could it take a couple of days?Thank you
Page 1
  • jambosans
    • 3rd Mar 10, 3:59 PM
    • 3rd Mar 10, 3:59 PM
    Hiya,

Just a quick question, how long would it take to transfer money from abbey a lloyds bank account please? would it be instant in showing in my account or could it take a couple of days?Thank you
    Originally posted by michellen34
    Santander (Abbey) do not currently offer Faster Payments Service (out), so I believe the transfer would go via BACS, which takes three working days from the date the amount debits your account. In some instances it can be four working days, if the bank holds the payment for a day before sending.

The website states:-
    Please allow four working days for your payment to be received. If we receive your request before 5.30pm on a working day we will normally process your request immediately. If we receive your request after 5.30pm or on a non-working day we will normally make your payment by 9am the following working day. Your payment will appear as 'pending' until it is processed.
    by Santander
    Last edited by jambosans; 03-03-2010 at 4:03 PM.
    Anything I post is my opinion, so from time to time I may be wrong. I try to provide answers based in fact, however I don't know everything, so (like all posters on MSE), take what I say with a pinch of salt.
    • michellen34
    • By michellen34 3rd Mar 10, 4:03 PM
    • 685 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    michellen34
    • 3rd Mar 10, 4:03 PM
    • 3rd Mar 10, 4:03 PM
    Thank you, I did look on the Santander site but couldn't find it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

98Posts Today

2,134Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • If you know you're bust you must declare it asap. So no firm ever says "yes we plan to go insolvent". So you never? https://t.co/w8aIKOqHzq

• Some people misreading... it's NOT the rumours of insolvency of the Monarchy! Its Monarch airlines (again tho I've no idea of its validity)

• Also re #monarchinsolvency rumours it's important to state Monarch are firmly denying it... https://t.co/N27MENRjY9

• Follow Martin