Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

One Call Insurance
    • 3rd Mar 10, 7:39 AM
    One Call Insurance 3rd Mar 10 at 7:39 AM
    I would appreciate it if anyone can assist here with some advice please! I have been with One Call for my car insurance since October. After a mess up with my direct debits and the receipt of a 7 day cancellation notice as they went into my bank on the wrong day, I eventually got this sorted - minus an apology of course! I am now buying a new car so called yesterday to transfer the insurance across bridging it for a couple of days until my new cover note arrived. The car is older and a smaller engine so in previous experience this would mean cheaper insurance and having had a quick look, I would be saving over £100 on my existing car insurance. Simple?? No - after getting through to a very inexperienced chap who was purely passing messages from his manager, it transpires that it would cost me the same plus £99. The cancellation fee? 55% of my current annual premium as I have been with them over six months (did put him right on this one!) So its either cancel and pay the fee or pay £99 and what can only be described as an extortionate price for a small little old car. The insurance company is Zurich. Can anyone see a way of sorting this with minimal expense? I used to be with M&S insurance and any changes like this were so easy! Thanks in advnce Jo
Page 11
    • hjj
    • By hjj 21st Sep 16, 10:55 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Just want to agreed with others here how dreadful the experience is with One Call Insurance. The way the online application works is nothing short of a Scam to extract " adminstration costs / fines" out of people trying to get the best priced policy. One Call Insurance should be closed down Buyer Beware !!!
    • Ritpoff
    • By Ritpoff 3rd Oct 16, 4:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Onecall are a disgrace. There are so many people badly affected by their dishonesty, can we find out if there is something we can do together to claim against them? They rely on the fact that the time it takes and the hassle of getting everyone involved is going to protect them from being needing to be honest
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 3rd Oct 16, 5:20 PM
    • 22,920 Posts
    • 9,006 Thanks
    If they are that bad why did you use them?

Plenty of people here warning you not to use them.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Karim6345789
    • By Karim6345789 5th Oct 16, 11:06 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Just cancelled a policy with them, the policy had rolled over after 12 months and was a month into the new policy when I had to cancel the policy due to selling the car and not requiring the policy. I was told I would have to pay £59.99 cancellation/admin fee. Rip off, totally excessive when on average it would be around £15 with other insurers if that,how can they justify that amount for probably 10 minutes work. Even though I cancelled the direct debit they apparently can still take the money from my account. I checked with the financial ombudsman and this is correct. Not going to bother making a case as too much hassle so bit of a learning curve, I normally only use big insurers but in this case just took the cheap quote due to it being a temporary 2nd car, never again.
    Urge everyone, stay away from this company, didn't bother looking at the reviews when I took the policy which is unlike me as was in a rush at the time, wish I now had.
    • thebigstillmeister
    • By thebigstillmeister 11th Oct 16, 9:50 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Glad I spotted this, One Call just came up as the cheapest insurance on confused,

lucky escape!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,256Posts Today

6,298Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just changed my profile description. Wish I was cool and brave enough to go for one of those really short ones!

• Happy with my 15k time today, one of my fastest 1:18:56. Managing to keep up my 150k a month target.

• That's why I'm asking question. To see whether people perceive they are or aren't.

• Follow Martin