Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 2nd Mar 10, 2:58 PM
    • 5,631Posts
    • 18,533Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!
    • 2nd Mar 10, 2:58 PM
    Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not! 2nd Mar 10 at 2:58 PM
    Hello everyone!

Only ever posted on here once but starting to get my debts in order so starting a diary to try and keep me on track.

Basically since the beginning of 2010 ive really started to think positive about reducing my credit.
    This included starting a spending diary which I have totted up February today and I can tell you I am throughly shocked!!

Joined whatsthecost.com today and snowballed which told me I will be debt free in 100 years ! Well im sure I wont even be alive at which point and dont really want to live me life like this, teetering from one month to the next and juggling things around!

So here I am!

I have a loan with HSBC that will be paid off in Feb 2012. That is the biggy and costs me £353 per month!
    Once this is paid off I will be throwing this money at the credit cards to hopefully get debt free by Dec 2014.

So here goes wish me luck!!!
Page 254
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 27th Nov 17, 8:53 PM
    • 2,286 Posts
    • 11,094 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    It's hard to feel like healthy eating and exercise in this weather, but if you can keep it up you'll look svelte for Christmas .

You have my sympathy with the rude teens, it's hard to cope with their moods as well as your own .

I hope you manage to get a rest this evening, I think that cold weather makes you more tired.
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 October 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build an Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund
    Emergency Fund 1 = £818/Emergency Fund 2 = £203.76
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 27th Nov 17, 8:58 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 3,004 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    It's getting scarily close to the big C day now isn't it

Starting to feel worried

Hope you manage to get some rest tonight and feel better tomorrow x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 29th Nov 17, 5:49 PM
    • 5,631 Posts
    • 18,533 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Evening Diary,

Hope all ok. Was going to get to the gym for a quick session whilst DD was at dancing but I'm not feeling it , I really should after the all you can eat I ate at the curry buffet last night .

HHOD, Il defo look better than I have in previous Christmases but probably not as good as I could ha!!! Im always tired, having under active thyroid doesnt help matters either.

WF, I know can't believe it either! Looking forward to opening my advent calendar Friday though!!! Need to do some more shopping and get finished this weekend.

So had 3 parcels delivered to work yesterday. Just waiting on one more with some books next.

Yesterday was a spend day at the meal out with friends.

Today has been a spend day on my waxing (own spending money) and £6 in the coop on bread, milk, cookies and coleslaw.

Tomorrow is new nail day (again own spending money) and need to go shopping.

So in November I had 10 NSD, pleased with this. Will aim for 8 in December but hope for 10!

Happy Wednesday all xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    £6936.45 - 04/09/17 - 70.99% paid off
    • louby40
    • By louby40 29th Nov 17, 8:48 PM
    • 1,194 Posts
    • 3,278 Thanks
    louby40
    Great with the NSD I’m up to 17 tomorrow so pleased with that!

Christmas always seems to arrive so quickly. Am looking forward to a break and doing very little.

The gym is always my aim on a Tues & Thurs but I haven’t been for 2 weeks. I’m not feeling it!
    Parent loan PAID IN FULL
    Emergency fund £670/£1000. Christmas savings £100/£600 Car maintenance £150/600
    Kitchen July £12,493 DEC £9,993. 25% paid off
    Barclaycard £90
    Car loan £2696 Mortgage £94,992
    TOTAL DEBT (with mortgage) = £108,044 (without mortgage) = £13,052
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 30th Nov 17, 10:00 PM
    • 4,749 Posts
    • 28,290 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    I only managed 6 NSDs this month, although better than nothing.

Not been in the gym this week although done loads of walking.

Can't believe it's December tomorrow
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 2nd Dec 17, 11:54 AM
    • 5,631 Posts
    • 18,533 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Morning Diary,

Happy December... a day late!!!

Had a busy one yesterday, work and then drove an hour to take DD to a competition. She did ok and came home with a trophy for one of her dances, she was not well last night. She started off with a cough and by the time we had finished she was boiling hot then cold and clammy and full of cold. She's better this morning but not 100%. She's just watching the gruffalo but she's getting itchy to leave the house so we will go out to a local event at the church later on just to get out for half an hour or so.

I felt like id been hit by a bus when I first got up but coming round now. Going to take it easy this weekend and then get back to it on Monday.

Yesterday was a spend day as we ended up popping into Mr A's on the way home for nurofen and strepsils. Other than that we wouldn't have spent anything!

Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 2nd Dec 17, 12:51 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 3,004 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Hope you're all feeling better, take it easy

Have a lovely weekend x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 2nd Dec 17, 4:23 PM
    • 5,631 Posts
    • 18,533 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Thanks WF!

Weve been out to the event and saw Santa too... he even commented on DD1's bedroom . £4 spent, think this might be our last year of seeing santa might get away with DD2 next year.

We also stopped off at our local coffee shop for coffee and cake. £18 spent.

Just watching Home Alone 3 with DD2 now before starting on tea. Cajun chicken goujons, wedges and beans tonight.

Oh did our meter readings and the last fortnight we have spent £60 . Now £159 in credit which is probably going to start going down fast hate spending all the credit I've built up

Had a lovely relaxing Saturday xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 3rd Dec 17, 8:33 PM
    • 5,631 Posts
    • 18,533 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Evening Diary,

Just a quick one to catch up this evening.

Had a really nice day today. Took DD's to a party this afternoon, DH stayed with them and I went and did a bit of shopping at a nearby shopping centre.

Bought a few more presents for Christmas so just a few last minute bits now which will be bought online.

We had a nice tea of sausage, mash, veg and yorkshire puddings.

Hoping to have a NSD tomorrow!! Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 3rd Dec 17, 8:39 PM
    • 4,749 Posts
    • 28,290 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Have a lovely week MTG xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 3rd Dec 17, 8:40 PM
    • 5,631 Posts
    • 18,533 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Thanks SA, you too xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 3rd Dec 17, 9:10 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 3,004 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Have a lovely week MTG. Glad you had a lovely weekend x
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 4th Dec 17, 10:55 AM
    • 632 Posts
    • 3,581 Thanks
    redofromstart
    I miss the days of Santa visits, (and the lack of eye contact as they tell fibs about the cleanliness of their bedrooms for my pair), the whole festive thing is so much more fun with younger children.

Hope you have a lovely week and that you do not catch her cold.
    • debtfreeoneday
    • By debtfreeoneday 8th Dec 17, 4:27 PM
    • 2,786 Posts
    • 9,548 Thanks
    debtfreeoneday
    One week to go MTG! x
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53
    Credit card debt: £4392 over three credit cards.
    MFW (01/15) £118,031.21 £95,324.07
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 8th Dec 17, 4:31 PM
    • 2,286 Posts
    • 11,094 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    How are things MTG?
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 9th Dec 17, 7:26 PM
    • 5,631 Posts
    • 18,533 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Evening Diary,

Wow I can't believe a whole week has gone by nearly since I posted!

Weve had a bit of a nightmare this week tbh. I still haven't felt at my best, went to the gym Monday and thats it.
    Thursday morning the boiler blew a fuse after it had been on first thing so DH changed it and we thought that was the end of that one. Oh no came home from doing the shopping Thursday night and knew the heating hadn't been on. The fuse had blown again so there was obviously another fault somewhere. It was the fan and we have been without heating and hot water since Thursday morning until this morning . We had snow overnight Thursday into Friday too!!! Anyway its sorted now and its insured. Weve had to pay £99 to BG for the repair and then were tied in at £23 a month (which I was going to sign up for anyway). At least its insured and would have cost more to get the 2 call outs plus the part.

I get like this every year but I hate the months between November and February as we have 3 birthdays and Christmas and I just long to get to January payday!! Hate wishing my time away.

We really need to get some kind of emergency fund together but I can't see a way at the moment with everything plus DD's dancing. DH usually gets a payrise in March/April so praying for a decent one so we can start putting some money aside.

Was out on my works Christmas night out last night, spent about £30 on drinks and taxi which isn't too bad.

Today been in the hairdressers another £55 down .
    Finally got the Christmas tree up this afternoon too and also caught up with my ironing. DH and I will tackle the cleaning tomorrow.

We are due lots of snow tomorrow so won't be leaving the house. Hoping for NSD3.

Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 9th Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    • 2,286 Posts
    • 11,094 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Oh no what a nuisance about the boiler, glad it's fixed now. I feel your pain because our only shower is leaking at the moment and we can't use it .

I'm glad we don't have snow here because although it looks lovely and Christmassy, it makes me scared to go out in the car with DH .

I feel your pain with the birthdays too. We have two in October, two in November, two in December and one in January . As if Christmas isn't expensive enough .

I hope you have a relaxing evening and I'm glad you got the tree up .
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 9th Dec 17, 7:52 PM
    • 5,631 Posts
    • 18,533 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Thanks HHOD. I really need to start putting more money aside I think. Although its always the things that crop up that you don't know about such as... secret santa for the kids at football at £10, £10 raffle tickets etc!

I don't really like driving in the snow, would rather DH drove. If it gets so bad I usually leave my car at home, get DH to drop me at work and get a taxi home! I only work 2 miles away ha!!

I do like the tree now its up xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 9th Dec 17, 8:41 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 3,004 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I still have no heating or hot water It's been over a week! Must be the time of year everyone's boiler breaks at the same time!

Did you get the snow today? I know you're not too far away.

Not long to go now
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 9th Dec 17, 8:47 PM
    • 5,631 Posts
    • 18,533 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Cant believe yours still isn't fixed WF! How much longer for you? 2 days was horrendous for us and luckily we live in a new build house which keeps warm generally.

We have had a little dusting today, not much. It was mainly the ice causing agro round here today xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,015Posts Today

6,121Users online

Martin's Twitter