Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 2nd Mar 10, 2:58 PM
    • 5,496Posts
    • 17,046Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!
    • 2nd Mar 10, 2:58 PM
    Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not! 2nd Mar 10 at 2:58 PM
    Hello everyone!

Only ever posted on here once but starting to get my debts in order so starting a diary to try and keep me on track.

Basically since the beginning of 2010 ive really started to think positive about reducing my credit.
    This included starting a spending diary which I have totted up February today and I can tell you I am throughly shocked!!

Joined whatsthecost.com today and snowballed which told me I will be debt free in 100 years ! Well im sure I wont even be alive at which point and dont really want to live me life like this, teetering from one month to the next and juggling things around!

So here I am!

I have a loan with HSBC that will be paid off in Feb 2012. That is the biggy and costs me £353 per month!
    Once this is paid off I will be throwing this money at the credit cards to hopefully get debt free by Dec 2014.

So here goes wish me luck!!!
Page 245
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 27th Sep 17, 7:09 PM
    • 5,496 Posts
    • 17,046 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Evening Diary,

The tiredness here continues, can tell I'm heading towards half term already!!! Sat down now and not moving for the rest of the night.

So I've had a bit of a mini heart attack earlier when I realised I've spent over half the grocery budget in a few days I am all stocked up now but really need to tight over the next 3 weeks shops. This is what I've spent:
    £87 - Mr T's on things I can't get in Mr Al's
    £44 - farmshop
    £62 - Mr Al's

I found that the meat in Mr Al's contained too much water and it totally shrunk when cooking! So I've gone back to the farmshop meat as its marginally more expensive but no shrinkage.

Also spent £61 on petrol today... expensive day

Food (another day lacking in the 5 a day... will be better tomorrow )
    Breakfast - weetabix and 1/2 a banana
    Lunch - beans on toast
    Tea - Jacket potato, cheese and coleslaw
    Snack - cereal bar

Did not enjoy my jacket potato , tasted dodgy!

Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    £6936.45 - 04/09/17 - 70.99% paid off
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 27th Sep 17, 8:43 PM
    • 1,423 Posts
    • 3,802 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Ouch to the food bill , but hopefully you can make it last a good while.
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt at highest = £58,766
    Current debt = £16,234, Emergency Fund = £200
    Long Hauler No. 156 Spendaholics Anonymous No. 47
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 27th Sep 17, 9:15 PM
    • 4,434 Posts
    • 24,759 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Well you've made a big hole in the grocery budget! I know how it is, you get a fresh budget, go mad stocking up, think it will last the rest of the month
    Virtual Sealed Pot £656.24
    October NSD 5/15
    Weight loss 0/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 30th Sep 17, 5:45 PM
    • 5,496 Posts
    • 17,046 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Afternoon Diary,

Just do not know where this week has gone! Been so busy with the usuals and then looking round secondary schools with DD1. Just do not even know how we have got to this point already! We have 1 more to look round but I think we have found our first choice in the most local one.

Had 1 more NSD which will take me to 9 for the month. Haven't quite hit the 10 I aimed for but nearly! Today has been pretty spendy:
    £26 in Debenhams on a jumper and a dress for a hen do (£30 bday GV used too)
    £16 in Wilkos on hair accessories for DD2s dancing (£6.50 was for someone else)
    £22 on cards and gifts for MIL birthday
    £4 in Mr T's on milk and a birthday card
    £9 in Costa

So last night I was totally worn out, think the week just got on top of me and I was asleep on the sofa for 7.20pm . Had an ok night sleep, woke up a couple of times but felt a bit rough this morning. Did go to the spinning class though and that did bring me round although now I'm shattered again!

Did my meter readings today and now £59 in credit with a £105 payment going in on Monday. Need to build up as much credit as possible before the heating goes on!

Food:
    Breakfast: apple and then porridge with banana and nutella after spinning
    Lunch: slice of toast as not long had porridge
    Tea: HM nandos, chips and corn on cob
    Snacks: costa brownie

Tomorrow we are off to the local pub for MIL's birthday so again a spend day.

Think thats all from me for now. Off to pick DD2 up from a party so will catch up later xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 30th Sep 17, 5:54 PM
    • 5,064 Posts
    • 23,180 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Spendy but organised

Hope you get a good nights sleep and feel better tomorrow x
    DFW £1388.71/£7348.71 Rent Arrears £511.28/£3381.28

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 30th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 5,496 Posts
    • 17,046 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Yes trying to be organised HI!

So as I was picking DD up DH was ringing me to say the bread for the nandos was mouldy . He had to send DD1 to the local coop to buy more, what a waste! It was in date but will have to remember to freeze it next time if were not using for a couple of days. Still annoying though!

xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 30th Sep 17, 9:31 PM
    • 1,423 Posts
    • 3,802 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Saturdays do tend to be spendier than other days .

Hope you feel less tired tomorrow and enjoy Mil's birthday do.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 1st Oct 17, 6:02 AM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,628 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Hey mummytogirls, sounds like you've been super busy! It's so hard isn't it when you get money and stock up the depleting store cupboard essential bits and realise there's v little money left! I too am super tired at the moment, well done on the spinning. I did my workout last night but then drank gin after, so probably cancelled itself out!

Grrr to mouldy bread, I find our bread lasts no time at all! Have a nice time at the pub for MILs meal out.
    Last edited by missymoo81; 01-10-2017 at 8:17 AM.
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 1st Oct 17, 1:44 PM
    • 5,496 Posts
    • 17,046 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Afternoon Diary,

Just having a quick catch up before we head out to MILs birthday meal.

Been busy this morning, made soup for the next 3 days lunches, chopped up peppers for the fahitas to go into the slow cooker in the morning, filled water bottles etc and also caught up on my ironing.

Our bedding is currently in the TD and I have another load to go in after.

Looking forward to my Sunday dinner out, we never go out Sunday's and its always me cooking if were in so I totally appreciate no cooking or cleaning up after especially on a Sunday!

HHOD, Saturdays is the most expensive day of the week your right!!!

Missy, your right re stocking up, we spend all month depleting everything to then have a heart attack over having to replenish it all .

DDs football boots are ending on eb@y today, got 2 watchers but no bids as yet so fingers crossed. Have also found 2 pairs of school trousers in her wardrobe which are in very good condition which no longer fit so these will be listed later too!

Think thats about all xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 1st Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,628 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Hey mummytogirls, you've been busy! I bet you are looking forward to your Sunday roast. I love a roast but loathe the clearing up after one and the amount of time it seems to swallow up. I've had s wash bedding day too. Need to be as organised as you! Have a lovely afternoon x
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 1st Oct 17, 1:56 PM
    • 5,496 Posts
    • 17,046 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Its hard being organised isn't it Missy!! Thing is il have one day of being unorganised and it just drives me mad, especially a work day!!!
    It is hard being organised but does make life easier. You sound like your getting the hang anyway ha!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 1st Oct 17, 7:00 PM
    • 5,496 Posts
    • 17,046 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Evening Diary,

Back stuffed to the max after our meal out. It was delicious but very expensive... £80 (incl drinks and desserts for the girls). This will be our only extravagance for this month!

Football boots sold for £3.20, 20p more than the other DD's last week! Listed the school trousers and also up to £8.28 on qmee. All helps towards DD's dancing expenditure!

Food:
    Breakfast - croissant
    Brunch - bacon and mushroom sandwich
    Tea - DD and I shared chilli nachos then roast beef, mash, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, carrot and swede mash, peas and broccoli
    Probably had about a million calories!!

Back and in my onesie with a cuppa now, chilling and not moving , how is it nearly Monday already!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 2nd Oct 17, 8:51 PM
    • 5,496 Posts
    • 17,046 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Evening Diary,

Its been a funny old Monday! DD2 has had stomach ache since last night, sent her to school as I think she just over faced herself with food yesterday. Apparently school rang and left a message for me or DH to come and collect her.. they must have rung the wrong number as neither had a call or voicemail! Anyway, she's been ok since so no idea whats going on! I have a patch of infected eczema on my tummy so on antibiotics for that! Can't complain at the doctors today, especially for a Monday. Other than the above today hasn't been too bad!

It has been a spend day as I bought some calpol for DD whilst in the chemist, I have an exemption certificate so don't pay for mine. Also paid for my nails doing after work.

Posted the eBay parcel but not counting this as buyer pays postage.

Food:
    Breakfast - porridge with nutella and banana
    Lunch - hm tomato and mozzarella soup, finger roll (freezer) and yoghurt
    Tea - slow cooked fahitas with sour cream
    Snack - cereal bar
    Gym - body combat

Think thats about all from me! xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 2nd Oct 17, 9:00 PM
    • 5,234 Posts
    • 17,518 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Poor DD, hope she's feeling better x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £7250.00 Cap 1: £529.05 BC: £5196.94

AFD 0/10 NSD 0/10 LTW 0/10

20p Savers 2017 £2 Savers 2017 50p Savers 2017 SPC 10 2017 #003
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 2nd Oct 17, 9:04 PM
    • 1,423 Posts
    • 3,802 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Ouch infected eczema sounds painful I hope the meds work.
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 2nd Oct 17, 9:23 PM
    • 5,496 Posts
    • 17,046 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Thanks both, she's in bed fast asleep so hopefully thats end of that. As for my infection... I really need to get to the doctors asap in future rather than leaving things .

DD1 is now coughing her head off in bed always something! xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 2nd Oct 17, 9:32 PM
    • 4,434 Posts
    • 24,759 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    I had infected eczema a couple of years ago, it spread all over my body and was horrendous. Touch wood not had it since but now I know the signs I nip it in the bud before it takes hold. Salcura cream is great for this.

Hope DD is ok xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot £656.24
    October NSD 5/15
    Weight loss 0/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 2nd Oct 17, 9:37 PM
    • 5,496 Posts
    • 17,046 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Its so sore SA, my skin has all split, probably been itching it in the night. DD used to suffer with it and I bought her loads of stuff in the salcura range but it made hers worse which was odd really as I know a couple of people who swear by it xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 4th Oct 17, 7:37 PM
    • 5,496 Posts
    • 17,046 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Evening Diary,

Another mental couple of days, feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. The house seems upside down as were rushing here and there.

Last night we went to visit another Secondary school and this will be the one we choose as 1st choice for DD. Its not our most local but it was fab and the results are great so weve had a change of heart on the local school. Been trying to log onto the local authority website but you need your password from when we last applied for a school which was 2012 for DD2! Oh course the reset password button isn't working! I get so many parents coming into work struggling with the system and I can totally understand why! Weve got until the end of the month so no mad panic just yet!

Yesterday was NSD1

Today has been a ssd in Mr T's exp buying milk and fruit.

Food:
    Breakfast - porridge with nutella and banana
    Lunch - carbonara and yoghurt
    Tea - chicken, bacon and leek in creamy dijon sauce, roast potatoes, carrots and broccoli and strawberry cheesecake
    Snacks - cereal bar

Thats about all from me xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 4th Oct 17, 8:02 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,628 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Hey mummytogirls, you've been busy again, my house is upside down too if that is any consolation!! Glad you've chosen a school, must be a weight off your mind.

Your dinner sounds delish and I love Nutella on porridge. The aldi version is really good!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,496Posts Today

6,860Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin