Main site > Forums > Work & Benefits > Benefits & Tax Credits > How do I change housing benefit payment bank deta... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to

  • Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

    Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

  • No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
How do I change housing benefit payment bank details?
Closed Thread
Views: 6,719
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
# 1
Old 25-02-2010, 12:01 PM
MoneySaving Convert
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 18
Default How do I change housing benefit payment bank details?

Does anybody know how to change the bank account in which the housing benefit is paid into? Who do I contact? Thanks
KJ2009 is offline
Report Post
# 2
Old 25-02-2010, 12:10 PM
MoneySaving Convert
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 58

You should just need to put a letter into the Council giving your sort code and account number.

If you haven't declared the account before and aren't in receipt of Pension Credit, Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance income based or ESA (IR) you will need to confirm the date that the account was opened and it's balance as well.
turkleton is offline
Report Post
# 3
Old 25-02-2010, 7:04 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Land of Nod,Up North,Yorkshire
Posts: 295

Some councils may require you to complete one of their bacs forms if not then as turleton suggests a letter, signed of course.
Also if your previous account is to or has already closed then they will need to see the closing statement to take it of the system
tboo is offline
Report Post
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 Forum Jump  

Contact Us - - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 7:32 AM.

 Forum Jump  

Free MoneySaving Email

Top deals: Week of 15 April 2015

Get all this & more in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email full of guides, vouchers and Deals

GET THIS FREE WEEKLY EMAIL Full of deals, guides & it's spam free

Latest News & Blogs

Martin's Twitter Feed


Cheap Travel Money

Find the best online rate for holiday cash with MSE's TravelMoneyMax.

Find the best online rate for your holiday cash with MoneySavingExpert's TravelMoneyMax.

MSE's Twitter Feed