Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 24th Feb 10, 1:25 PM
    • 29,678Posts
    • 45,216Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)
    • 24th Feb 10, 1:25 PM
    Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4) 24th Feb 10 at 1:25 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , and the third thread - Part 3 it may be a good idea to look these first for advice
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a volunteer Board Guide on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, I can move & change posts, but don't read them all, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones
Page 340
  • wanna-b-rich
    Morning just a quickie from me as I'm due at the salon in 45 minutes (black tie event tonight, so gotta get me a spray tan and nails done, just hope I don't look like I've been tangoed!). I haven't had time to read through the 8 pages I've missed, so please don't think I'm being rude and ignoring anyone.

I've just blogged my first Tilda card - not too sure about it, but it's going to have to do as I don't have time to make another one as I've a really busy weekend ahead of me (1st birthday party and 40th tomorrow).

Also, can anyone tell me, have Promarkers done away with the chisel end? I've just got a new silver one out to play and noticed there's no chisel, but a brush type end.

Paddington - congratulations, are you going to do the lottery?

Tiredmom
    - don't you just hate it when that happens. Fingers crossed you'll get one from another source. If you do get one from QVC don't forget Quidco.

Hogshead - good luck with the txs

Glittermum - stunning stamps, I'm sooo so jealous

Really sorry to anyone else I've missed. Hugs to those who need them.
    • dawnteabag
    • By dawnteabag 22nd May 10, 10:06 AM
    • 1,016 Posts
    • 10,635 Thanks
    dawnteabag
    YAY! My back is feeling MUCH better, the sun is shining, I had a delivery of pretty paper and promarkers this morning, my boss has gone, the pompous git who stitched me up in my interview has also gone, I'm going to watch some maypole dancing this morning, all is well with the world!

Need to get cracking with some cards and gifts tonight, we have 3 family birthdays in May and as they're in my sisters side and we don;t live near them, I'll be taking them all on holiday with us next week .

I've finished with the spendy elves I think. If no-one needs them specificaaly, I'll release them into the wild this afternoon.
  • ScattyJan
    Morning everyone
    lovely day here - we have 2 lots of viewers for our house and we are off to view 3 houses
    Have a lovely day all
    xx
    Dawnteabag sooooo pleased yr feeling better xx
    Last edited by ScattyJan; 22-05-2010 at 10:43 AM.
  • melissa75
    Hogshead - sorry you didn't win I didn't realise that the comp had finished - ignore me!!! I hope they had a good time anyway!

Wanna-b-rich - your tilda card is stunning. I've been meaning to try to make a tent card but haven't got round to it. I love the pins and the pearls around the aperture - I don't know why you're not sure about it - its fabulous!!!! I should imagine that its because the promarker is metallic that its got a different end???
  • farmville
    wanna b rich - I love your Tilda card, it's beautiful!!! I hope you have a fab night, have you got a nice dress? Where did you get it from?

dawnteabag - so glad your back is better, what a relief for you and lots of nice goodies to play with too

My post has just been, no promarkers boo hiss

Beautiful day here too, hope you are all well x
  • THE-WIFE
    Coooeeee! Spendy elves! there's Promarkers in the sale here at Angel Crafts, bulk buy of 25 for £33.99, just worked it out at £1.36 each, free postage too. You know you need them

All Prima stash on sale too.

DTB glad to hear your better and you sound happier in your self too. I do hope you gave the departed a very cheery two finger wave. ( Or a big punch in the air YES!!!!) So deserved!
    Last edited by THE-WIFE; 22-05-2010 at 12:01 PM.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• Tired Mom
    Morning just a quickie from me as I'm due at the salon in 45 minutes (black tie event tonight, so gotta get me a spray tan and nails done, just hope I don't look like I've been tangoed!). I haven't had time to read through the 8 pages I've missed, so please don't think I'm being rude and ignoring anyone.

Tiredmom - don't you just hate it when that happens. Fingers crossed you'll get one from another source. If you do get one from QVC don't forget Quidco.
    Originally posted by wanna-b-rich
    Sorry snipped you. Hope you have a wonderful time tonight sounds very glam. I shouldn't worry about being tangoed I'm sure with this weather there will be alot of lobsters!

Decided against the crop a dile as good price but I object to QVC postage so I will keep an eye out for it elsewhere.

My post has just been, no promarkers boo hiss

Beautiful day here too, hope you are all well x
    Originally posted by farmville
    Think the postage is quite slow as sure they say to allow 3-5 working days once dispatched so I'm reckoning on about Tuesday

DTB - Glad you are feeling better, did you ever get the holiday situation resolved when you were stuck abroad?

Scatty - Good luck with viewings both of your house and others.

Had wonderful Thai banquet for friends 40th last night, but so much food late meant didn't sleep at all well last night. I drove so thankfully don't have the hangover as well that alot of them have got.

Right lunch finished and I'm back to do what any sane person would do in this heat - I'm sorting the loft out Husband thinks I'm mad but it's the first chance I've had to do it and I couldn't get anymore up there or get to the suitcase with the summer clothes in.

Enjoy this wonderful sunshine.

Hugs to those that need it and don't forget the suncream and hat if you're out in it.

X
  • chocolate.orange
    Morning all

Im sooo happy today just received 8 promarkers in the post with another 2 to follow Creative Craft World had an offer on with 10 promarkers for £12.50.. They now have an offer for 25 % off everything !! Which includes Promarkers . So £1.59 with 25% off is £1.20ish

Wanna b rich Your Tilda card is beautiful. Hope you have a fantastic night tonight. Also that you dont look 'orangy'

Mellisa I cant believe how big Elliot has got now !! Hes really a little boy now not a baby anymore. I didnt make it to Post office on time today,So your stash will be on its way to you on Monday.

Farmville Booooo on your Promarkers not turning up. I really hate waiting for stuff.

ScattyJan Hope you find your dream house and yours sells really quick .
    Strange question here but can you PM me your address please ? No i dont want to buy a house I have something to send you

Dawnteabag Glad your back is feeling much better. Also glad the 'evil' ones have now left work Please lock the spendy elves up. I dont want them coming to visit me,thats where they usually end up

Glittermum Booo at having to stay inside today. Hope the sun shines tomorrow then you can make the most of it. The postie is on the way to you with a few stamped images

Flourgirl Please look out for the postie too

Lei Could you possibly stamp me the lil sprouts too ? I can send you tildas or if you have seen any images on my cards you would like i can do you those

Hogshead Hope the gig was enjoyed,shame you didnt get the tickets but bet you had a better view on tv

Pep Pop Glad to hear that you are feeling abit better now.

Padingtondoo Well done on your wins. Just goes to show, you have to be in it to win it . Love the Penny Black stamps you have got. Those sets look really good value for money. Do they stamp good ? I take it they will or you wouldnt of bought lots of them Sorry im rambling

Right off to attempt some DT work I m really nervous about this one Sure i will be ok but im still very nervous
    Hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying the sunshine x
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..
  • paddingtondoo

DTB glad to hear your better and you sound happier in your self too. I do hope you gave the departed a very cheery two finger wave. ( Or a big punch in the air YES!!!!) So deserved!
    Originally posted by THE-WIFE
    I assume that was a 2 handed 2 finger wave you meant Wifey

Choccy I haven't tried them yet as OH has had me out to supervise over in the garden this morning - I've actually bought them to do place cards for my friends birthday lunch - they're Penny Black so should have thought they would be good - will let you know!

Back off to sit in the sun once I've hung the washing out - book in garden seems favourite with TV in conservatory to see if we can see Marg in the footie crowd

Peppop your Atcs are gorgeous and the card is fab - are they sweet pea stamps?
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended

• craftygranny
    Thank you! I'll stamp you some sprouts over the weekend (along with the ones I said i'd do for Melissa - if anyone else wants some then let me know). Rainmac i'll also sort out your stash swap then hopefully get everything to the post office Monday x
    Originally posted by lei_armstrong
    Lei could i have some too please and is there anything you'd like in return .
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • Crafty JuJu
    Hi a very quick one from me, sorry Sorry I've not been round since thurs my computer is not playing nice & keeps crashing on me...its taken me ages to just list some stuff in my Folksy shop & update my blog!

Anyway..thankyou THE-WIFE for my gorgeous card swap, its so lovely & sunny & the image is sooo cute x I'm going to get yours in the post monday, sorry I've not done it already.

ChocOrange - Any luck on the bag charm turning up? :/

My ankle is getting better Thankyou for all the get well wishes & advice x Work last night wasn't as bad, well it didn't swell as much & fingers crossed it only seems to be a little today but very tender! I'm falling apart though, I went & banged my funny bone in my elbow today on my car & now thats killing me..so I have a tender right foot & a tender left elbow!!

I've just blogged some new bracelets I made yesterday if you'd like a nosey Hugs & love to you all & hope your having a gorgeous sunny day We've put the new trampoline up for the kiddies today, my mum has treated them both for their birthdays to a 8ft one....it fits luckerly! So I'm now going to sit outside (in the shade) & read my new Crafts Beautiful mag that arrived today while I'm keeing an eye on them....if only I hadn't hurt my ankle I'd be on it...
    Last edited by Crafty JuJu; 22-05-2010 at 1:52 PM.
    Hi, I have a passion for crafting.......I'm always up to something

I have found the key to weight loss.....ZUMBA
  • chocolate.orange

ChocOrange - Any luck on the bag charm turning up? :/
    Originally posted by Crafty JuJu
    Snipped you

Not yet JuJu. I will pop to collections office on Monday and see if they can help. Just incase they forgot to leave a card. Was it signed for ?
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..
  • THE-WIFE
    Thanks for the heads up on the Promarkers, Choccy

Just wandering and wondering, do I need anymore PM's

Of course!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• Crafty JuJu
    Snipped you

Not yet JuJu. I will pop to collections office on Monday and see if they can help. Just incase they forgot to leave a card. Was it signed for ?
    Originally posted by chocolate.orange
    Nooooo it can't be lost I didn't sen it signed...wish I'd sent it signed now
    Hi, I have a passion for crafting.......I'm always up to something

I have found the key to weight loss.....ZUMBA
  • THE-WIFE
    Just updated my blog with rainmac's CP card swap and ScattyJans musical challenge.

• chocolate.orange
    Nooooo it can't be lost I didn't sen it signed...wish I'd sent it signed now
    Originally posted by Crafty JuJu

It might be sat at collections office. I hope . Will pop there as soon as i drop the boys off on Monday
  • chocolate.orange
    Thanks for the heads up on the Promarkers, Choccy

Just wandering and wondering, do I need anymore PM's

Of course!
    Originally posted by THE-WIFE
    Thats how i am too Just had a look at my list and i only need 9. Im trying to think if the 9 i need are different enough for me to order them

Off to look at your makes
  • farmville
    Choccy and The Wife please stop with those link's to the fab offer's.....................oh okay please don't hee hee!!!!!

Off to see if they sell any Tilda stamp's
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 22nd May 10, 3:45 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Hello everyone, well it's pretty sunny here , we've got the paddling pool in the garden and 2 naked boys running around screaming as the water is sooooo cold

DTB, so glad your back is getting better and you are feeling a bit better in yourself. Don't let the b*ggers ger you down

Glittermum, thank you for my 2 cards, the sunflower card is so clever, my boys loved it and wanted to rip it open and get their mitts on all the little sunflowers. I've put the card on a high shelf so they can't.

Wanna-b-rich, your Tilda card is beautiful, I love it xxx

Padster, huge congratulations on your wins!!!

TheWife, did you order the BG pads? I've got the Basics Kraft pad, it's gorgeous but I haven't used any of it yet.

I've got some girly birthday cards to make this weekend. I've stamped and coloured the images already as I got the stamp today and was eager to use it.
    Last edited by rainmac; 22-05-2010 at 3:47 PM.
    If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain
  • RustyFlange
    Those sweet pea stamps are gorgeous Glittermum - which reminds me I won some a couple of weeks ago and they ain't arrived yet

I also won at Teddy stampers today with a card I sent choccy with her B prize - why is it I win with the ones that take me minutes and the ones I spend blood and sweat on don't (shruggy thingy)

I also won a bottle of wine at work for entering the caption contest in our Customer Services newsletter - apparently my caption was rubbish but I was the only person who bothered to enter

One set of my penny black stamps arrived today - it's your day - just nine lives left to come
    plus my order from WHSmith was left with my neighbour - thanks for posting the linkLeia - those papers are seriously gorgeous (daren't look at them at the mo as OH hasn't noticed them)

Can't help you with Diego Rusty DD is far too old for that it's Wizards of Waverley place, Zak and Codi on Deck and other such Disney channel carp that I have to put up with - do like Fineas (sp?) and Ferb though
    Originally posted by paddingtondoo
    Congrats on your win, any reason why my name was linked to penny black stamps? you trying to tell me something?

Thanks choccy my images arrived this morning

thanks Melissa - my flowers arrived safely which is fab and they are lovely!! thanks for the link

We have been out to the beach this morning, I never remembered the sea being so cold. I need to find some numbers for DD's cards. and they will be done
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,497Posts Today

9,159Users online

Martin's Twitter