Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
    • davidrpj1
    • By davidrpj1 2nd Jan 14, 12:50 AM
    • 9,086 Posts
    • 317,277 Thanks
    davidrpj1
    Thanks as always for updating these fab footie comps

I was thinking today about these comps, specifically about where it asks you to guess the earliest goal. There are two ways that could be taken:

1) That all games run from zero to 90+ whatever time they kick off. So that the earliest goal is the one that takes place closest to zero, out of all games.

2) If there is an early kick off, then the first goal of that game would be the earliest, even if it happened during second-half stoppage time.

I've always assumed it was option one. But I'm not sure. What do you/anyone else think?

Blu X
    Originally posted by Blulu
    Yeah I believe it's option 1 too.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 8th Sep 14, 11:14 PM
    • 23,192 Posts
    • 10,538 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    Thanks as always for updating these fab footie comps

I was thinking today about these comps, specifically about where it asks you to guess the earliest goal. There are two ways that could be taken:

1) That all games run from zero to 90+ whatever time they kick off. So that the earliest goal is the one that takes place closest to zero, out of all games.

2) If there is an early kick off, then the first goal of that game would be the earliest, even if it happened during second-half stoppage time.

I've always assumed it was option one. But I'm not sure. What do you/anyone else think?

Blu X
    Originally posted by Blulu
    Sky SUPER 6 always have games kicking off at the same time - mostly 3pm for Saturday games.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • eporium
    • By eporium 22nd Nov 14, 5:40 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    eporium
    Looks to be a winner this week with all 6 correct scores. Though her name has now been removed from the leaderboard.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 13th Dec 14, 10:47 PM
    • 23,192 Posts
    • 10,538 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    Another winner today from Birmingham!
    250,000 for a free bet!
    • Tammiejean
    • By Tammiejean 5th Feb 15, 6:26 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 1,593 Thanks
    Tammiejean
    Does anyone put tips on for the Soccer Saturday Super Six ?

I usually follow the punters reccomendations - but every week they are wrong
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 21st Feb 15, 10:26 PM
    • 23,192 Posts
    • 10,538 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    Well I got Chelsea 1 Burnley 1 = applause please!!!

Unfortunately the other 5 games let me down LOL
    • eporium
    • By eporium 5th Mar 15, 8:08 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    eporium
    Does anyone put tips on for the Soccer Saturday Super Six ?

I usually follow the punters reccomendations - but every week they are wrong
    Best to do own scores. There is no need to be an expect at football, just follow a little of what is going on each week.

This site is useful as it splits the stats between Home and Away games. Performance between home and away can vary greatly. Of particular interest is For and Against goals.

http://www.football.co.uk/league_tables/premier_league/index.shtml#CSBdB5qKtXdaG3yE.97

The method I use is to start with the away team and ask; Will they score a goal? Then do the same for the home team. Keep doing this until the answers are no.

Good Luck!

Update December; the footbal.co.uk table has not been updated since the 16th. As an alternatve for Home/Away stats try;

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/england/premier-league/standings/

This site organises the home and away results as separate tables/standings. There are also stats for form and live scores can be found on the home page.
    Last edited by eporium; 27-12-2015 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added another link for stats
    • eporium
    • By eporium 27th Jul 16, 5:51 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    eporium
    The 2016/17 Super 6 season begins on Saturday 6th of August

https://super6.skysports.com
    Last edited by eporium; 28-07-2016 at 8:25 AM. Reason: Added Link
    • CharleyYpres
    • By CharleyYpres 17th Sep 16, 6:24 PM
    • 283 Posts
    • 2,866 Thanks
    CharleyYpres
    I joined your league, I didn't even know you could check these results
    2016 winnings: 983.09
    Good luck everyone
    • davidrpj1
    • By davidrpj1 3rd Dec 16, 5:20 PM
    • 9,086 Posts
    • 317,277 Thanks
    davidrpj1
    Join the MSE league if you wish - those who were part of last year's competition are automatically entered: https://super6.skysports.com/league/N916YG/season

Week 19 entries to be in by Saturday at 3pm.

Premier League:

Arsenal v Stoke
    Burnley v Bournemouth
    Hull v Crystal Palace
    Swansea v Sunderland

Championship:

Newcastle v Birmingham
    Reading v Sheffield Wednesday

and time of the 1st goal.

Premier League Table, if it helps: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/table

Championship table: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

You can click 'Stats' underneath each game for some help to see which way people expect the game to go.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

361Posts Today

2,123Users online

Martin's Twitter