Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • Heinz
    • By Heinz 13th Jul 06, 12:12 PM
    • 10,984 Posts
    • 4,421 Thanks
    Heinz
    • 13th Jul 06, 12:12 PM
    • 13th Jul 06, 12:12 PM
    The cost may be more than 39p/minute - it depends on the 6th digit (see HERE).

The MSE UK Callchecker shows 16 providers which allegedly carry such calls at reduced costs but, as you have found out, some (possibly all) shy away from these rip-off numbers which our government has so disgracefully allowed.
    Last edited by Heinz; 13-07-2006 at 2:45 PM.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Tomlewis007
    • 13th Jul 06, 1:01 PM
    • 13th Jul 06, 1:01 PM
    Seems like they are all blocked What a total rip off

Oh the number is 070057

So they charge us rip off pricing to park ........ rip off pricing for our loved ones to watch tv in there bed ..... and rip off prices to phone them.

-Tom
    • Heinz
    • By Heinz 13th Jul 06, 1:13 PM
    • 10,984 Posts
    • 4,421 Thanks
    Heinz
    • 13th Jul 06, 1:13 PM
    • 13th Jul 06, 1:13 PM
    070057 numbers are charged at pn3 rate - which is 39p/minute PLUS VAT weekdays (i.e. the real price is 46.55p/minute). Evenings and weekends they're still a rip-off 37p/minute.

Reminds me of a quotation on a par with "Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime" - "The NHS will remain free at the point of use."
    Last edited by Heinz; 13-07-2006 at 1:19 PM.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • DonnyDave
    • 13th Jul 06, 2:32 PM
    • 13th Jul 06, 2:32 PM
    It seems that 1899 only allows access to certain 070 numbers. At 15p/min they would almost certainly be making a loss on the higher rate numbers.
    Dave
    Say no to 0870!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

146Posts Today

2,526Users online

Martin's Twitter