Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    cattie
    Any organisations offering free laptops for disabled?
    • 9th Feb 10, 5:37 PM
    Any organisations offering free laptops for disabled? 9th Feb 10 at 5:37 PM
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I'll give it a try. I'm trying to find out if there are any organisations that offer their old laptops to disabled people. I've tried an internet search, but it hasn't really brought any real information.

I'm trying to find out for a friend of mine who's son was tragically & brutally beaten to death in his own home. She has understandably been unable to work since due to her mental state & existing on benefits. DWP are now pushing her to return to work & have stopped her ESA, which she is having to appeal. She has already lost her home to repossesion following the tragic loss of her son & is now living in a small council flat.

She has started to feel that having a computer would give her an interest & help her to focus on something other than the terrible death of her son.

If there were any organisations that give free or low cost laptops to such people I'd be happy to hear. She only needs something basic.

I'd happily pay a small charge to secure something for her. As her flat is so small a laptop would be more suitable to her than a computer, which is a pity as I know desktops are more easily available.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,980Posts Today

7,249Users online

Martin's Twitter