Pergo flooring alternatives

Hi everyone out there!
I need to put a new floor in our extension - 45m square in total. Do you have any advice on flooring you'd recommend for the following situation:
- high traffic area, includes dining room, extension and kitchen
- baby crawling around
- two teenage boys
- pets (cat)

I loved the look of pergo laminate whitewashed floorboards, (a white floor would look so nordic and spacious!) but discovered that it's £35 per square metre! Anyone out there tried vinyl as a good looking cheap alternative? Or is there a laminate out there that's as good as pergo?

thanks for any advice,
Cath

Comments

• boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi everyone out there!
    I need to put a new floor in our extension - 45m square in total. Do you have any advice on flooring you'd recommend for the following situation:
    - high traffic area, includes dining room, extension and kitchen
    - baby crawling around
    - two teenage boys
    - pets (cat)

I loved the look of pergo laminate whitewashed floorboards, (a white floor would look so nordic and spacious!) but discovered that it's £35 per square metre! Anyone out there tried vinyl as a good looking cheap alternative? Or is there a laminate out there that's as good as pergo?

thanks for any advice,
    Cath

I'm a bit of a marmoleum fan and have it for my kitchen and bathrooms and it still looks good as new after 5 years. The pergo looks pretty good from the website - it's good to see that there are quality alternatives to carpets (which I hate!:eek:)
  • mr_vampy
    mr_vampy Posts: 242
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite

thanks for any advice,
    Cath

As well as Pergo, another excellent laminate brand is Quick Step. They have a large selection of wood colours and styles to choose from. Very easy to install.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure