Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    catherinerflynn
    Pergo flooring alternatives
    • 6th Feb 10, 9:07 PM
    Pergo flooring alternatives 6th Feb 10 at 9:07 PM
    Hi everyone out there!
    I need to put a new floor in our extension - 45m square in total. Do you have any advice on flooring you'd recommend for the following situation:
    - high traffic area, includes dining room, extension and kitchen
    - baby crawling around
    - two teenage boys
    - pets (cat)

I loved the look of pergo laminate whitewashed floorboards, (a white floor would look so nordic and spacious!) but discovered that it's 35 per square metre! Anyone out there tried vinyl as a good looking cheap alternative? Or is there a laminate out there that's as good as pergo?

thanks for any advice,
    Cath
Page 1
  • boliston
    • 6th Feb 10, 9:14 PM
    • 6th Feb 10, 9:14 PM
    Hi everyone out there!
    I need to put a new floor in our extension - 45m square in total. Do you have any advice on flooring you'd recommend for the following situation:
    - high traffic area, includes dining room, extension and kitchen
    - baby crawling around
    - two teenage boys
    - pets (cat)

I loved the look of pergo laminate whitewashed floorboards, (a white floor would look so nordic and spacious!) but discovered that it's 35 per square metre! Anyone out there tried vinyl as a good looking cheap alternative? Or is there a laminate out there that's as good as pergo?

thanks for any advice,
    Cath
    Originally posted by catherinerflynn
    I'm a bit of a marmoleum fan and have it for my kitchen and bathrooms and it still looks good as new after 5 years. The pergo looks pretty good from the website - it's good to see that there are quality alternatives to carpets (which I hate!)
  • mr_vampy
    • 9th Feb 10, 12:01 AM
    • 9th Feb 10, 12:01 AM

thanks for any advice,
    Cath
    Originally posted by catherinerflynn
    As well as Pergo, another excellent laminate brand is Quick Step. They have a large selection of wood colours and styles to choose from. Very easy to install.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,388Posts Today

7,408Users online

Martin's Twitter