Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ButtonF1Fan
    • By ButtonF1Fan 5th Feb 10, 11:05 AM
    • 1,178Posts
    • 5,154Thanks
    ButtonF1Fan
    0 WOW
    "Purely Creative" magazine scratch card. How to claim
    • 5th Feb 10, 11:05 AM
    0 WOW
    "Purely Creative" magazine scratch card. How to claim 5th Feb 10 at 11:05 AM
    UPDATE, I didnt realise this thread was still running. As before I advise caution and NEVER EVER phoning the phone numbers or texting. Email seems best option (if its a hotmail type account rather than your main account).

when this thread was started these cards were still winable, by doing what i advised below. My advice now is don't touch with a bargepole!!!

If the £10 is no longer a prize i wouldnt bother, but i havent personally seen a card in about a year now. Sorry guys.

--------------------------------

My sister regularly claims £10 (£8 to £9 if you consider the postage costs)per card that falls out of the mags. She sent me a letter explaining how to claim, and I'm going to write what she wrote to me. Never ever phone the expensive phone/text claim numbers agian.

I hope someone finds this helpful. There is another post about these cards, but its mostly about comparing who found what symbols rather than cheap claiming. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=234517

Anyway, here we go....
    REMEMBER the most important thing is to read each cards small print, front and back twice just so you know what they want, the dept numbers and addresses

Newspaper scratch cards - top tips
    ------------
    1. Whats my prize?
    So you've got 3 matching sybols (of course!), it says you might have won a million, a hundred thousand, twenty thousand... blah blah blah! Look at the small print, usually on the front. It will say quantities, only 1 or 2 big prizes, at the end of the list of prizes it will say "£10 x 5000+" that means most people win a tenner, assume thats all you've got.

2. I've won a holiday!! Wow!
    don't bother. When it says "holiday in Switzerland 5000+" it probably means that the holiday is a coach trip, starting in switzerland, pay to get there yourself. Upgrades available, most likely for whacking fees. Also on the small print on the back states £75 per person deposit. Be careful. If you win a holiday or non cash prize above the minimum prize, its real.

3. Get a claim number.
    Most of these cards are printed by purely creative ltd, they must, by law, have an address to write to for a claim number. It will be similar to "Dept PCN 54XXX". That number relates to the card design, as they do several cards. Write the following letters... (post 2)

4. Stop the junk mail.
    Also always write to thier anti-junk deparment, also in the small print on the back. (See the letters My sister uses and copy them, they work for her) Otherwise you will get several tonnes of spam. (her words)

5. And this cost me?
    2 sheets of paper (or 1 if printing carefully)
    3 envolopes,
    3 stamps.
    I'd say about £1.50

6. Pitfalls and avoiding 'em
    *Get thier name and "Dept" number EXACT. Do not be tempted to write deparement, its dept etc.
    *Always cross reference the claim to the no junk letter, as in her examples.
    *If you do more than one type of card (you can only claim each type of card once!) write on the back of the sae the dept number you sent it to. This is so You know what card this relates to by the time it finally turns up. They get people that way
    *your claim number will take years to arrives, as will the prize cheque.
    *stick a post it note to your card to make it easy when the sae comes back. Write its dept number clearly on it, and keep all your cards in the same place whilst waiting for your claims

7. I got my claim number! yay
    Ace. Never add your email addy or phone number to the claim form, You might not have one afterall Purelly always want a loose stamp, don't forget this. Thier claims address might have changed, check you write it exactly as you are told by them, don't get it wrong

8. was it worf it??
    You have used in total
    2 sheets of paper
    4 envolopes
    3 second class stamps
    1 first class stamp
    and a post it note.
    Lets say £2.00 max.... so thats £8.00 profit against 30 mins actual effort, but a long wait

It might seem complex, but whehn you get into the habit its so easy its untrue. Its only complicated becoz you are closing down the spam mail options, but its worth it

PS, if you are really anti junk, write a no junk letter again and bung it in with your claim.
    Last edited by ButtonF1Fan; 04-02-2013 at 7:52 PM.
    Mummy to two mischievious boys (D is 13 and J is 7)

I like F1, Blogging and Comping ;-)
Page 24
    • wdah
    • By wdah 9th Sep 17, 10:42 AM
    • 856 Posts
    • 1,151 Thanks
    wdah
    M670

3 MATCHING SYMBOLS
    £10k - Telephone
    Caribbean Cruise - Skittle
    £4k - Tree
    Luxury break - Shirt
    £500 - Guitar
    £250 M&S gift card - Robin
    £100 - Glass
    iPhone + iTunes gift card - Cherry
    £50 - Boat
    His or her leather wallet - Cat, Aeroplane or Football

2 MATCHING SYMBOLS
    £5k - Lizard
    2 week holiday in Orlando - Dice
    £1k - Palm Tree
    Food hamper - Tyre
    DVD boxsets - Surfer
    £150 - Horse
    Leather bracelet - Star, Loaf or Bull
    • wdah
    • By wdah 9th Sep 17, 10:44 AM
    • 856 Posts
    • 1,151 Thanks
    wdah
    M677

3 MATCHING SYMBOLS
    £1m - Melon, Anchor or Shell
    £100k - Shirt
    £4k - Sweet
    £75 - Sunglasses
    £500 M&S gift card - Bike
    iPhone - Crown
    £1k - Helicopter
    Week in Tenerife - Tomato, Glass or Tyre

2 MATCHING SYMBOLS
    £5k - Leaf
    TV - Apple
    £2k - Bell
    £500 - Cake
    £100 Amazon voucher - Burger
    Armani Watch - Holly
    £50 - Ice Cream
    Designer Fragrance - Dice, Mushroom or Storm
    • wdah
    • By wdah 9th Sep 17, 10:48 AM
    • 856 Posts
    • 1,151 Thanks
    wdah
    (I have half a dozen of this card and they're all the bottom two prizes.)

M681

3 MATCHING SYMBOLS
    £1m - Banana, Shooting Star or Basset Hound
    £100k - Eye
    Holiday in the Maldives - Lemon
    £30k - Skittle
    DKNY Fragrance - Boat
    Dining Experience at Cafe Rouge - Falcon
    £5k - Rose
    Consultation, cut and finish at a Hair Group salon - Aubergine, Basketball or Crab

2 MATCHING SYMBOLS
    £20k - Pear
    Paris or Rome break - Orange
    Fitbit - House
    £2k - Heart
    Amazon Echo Dot - Clock
    £250 - Bull
    £150 M&S gift card
    Silver and aquamarine gemstone earrings - Shark, Butterfly or Singer
    • Eeberhardt
    • By Eeberhardt 15th Sep 17, 11:34 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eeberhardt
    Anyone got the M680 Symbol list?? I have 3 tomatoes and 2 Dice
    • darren72
    • By darren72 15th Sep 17, 2:45 PM
    • 1,068 Posts
    • 224 Thanks
    darren72
    How long is it taking people to get their claim codes when sending off by post ? - I sent mine at the beginning of July and still waiting ?
    • darren72
    • By darren72 21st Sep 17, 2:46 PM
    • 1,068 Posts
    • 224 Thanks
    darren72
    M676A

3 Symbols
    £1 Million Cash - Swiss Roll, Pyramids or Cowboy Hat
    £100,000 cash - Shooting Star
    Cruise or £30,000 cash - Footballer
    £15,000 to spend at Currys PC World - Lion
    £10,000 cash - Racehorse
    £5,000 to spend at Ikea - Jet Airliner
    £2,500 Supermarket spend - Singer
    £1,000 cash - Car
    £500 Amazon Gift Card - Superman
    Apple iPad Air 2 - Champagne
    A tiger moth 'Dambuster' flight or champagne dinner for 2 - House
    A week at exclusive Canary Island Sun Resort - Alarm Clock, Hands or Elephant

2 Symbols
    £20,000 cash - Cherry
    Autocruise Motorhouse - Ice Cream
    5,200 miles of taxi rides - Pear
    Luxury Leather Massage Chair - Crab
    Samsung 55" TV - Palm Tree
    £250 M&S Gift Card - Boat
    £100 Cash - Strawberry
    £50 Cash - Burger
    Russell Hobbs Coffee Maker - Carrot
    £25 Cash - Shell
    £15 Cash - Aubergine, Falcon or Kite
    Silveri Watch - Sweet, Kangaroo or Melon
    • darren72
    • By darren72 28th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 1,068 Posts
    • 224 Thanks
    darren72
    Just a quick query - When people have 3 matching and 2 matching symbols are they sending off for one claim number to use for both wins on the same card ? - Or do you have to right twice ?
    • smeeth
    • By smeeth 2nd Oct 17, 9:38 AM
    • 513 Posts
    • 3,541 Thanks
    smeeth
    Just a quick query - When people have 3 matching and 2 matching symbols are they sending off for one claim number to use for both wins on the same card ? - Or do you have to right twice ?
    Originally posted by darren72
    You only need to write once, same claim code.
    Anchor yourself to the foundations of everything you love.

Thank you to all those who post competitions!
    • SpillingtheT
    • By SpillingtheT 9th Oct 17, 3:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SpillingtheT
    The Truth
    So I have a spare half an hour so thought I'd write this up for ya'll....

PURLEY CREATIVE:

SIDE NOTE: I'm a new user so cannot post with links as such i've removed the https:// from the links so you can just add this into your searchbar or just google HMRC Company house PURLEY CREATIVE LTD from there you can click Filing Report to see their balance sheet for 2016, from there you can also click PEOPLE to see the two directors (one being catherine the other being adrian) and you can click on ADRIANS name to get the list of his other 66 companies he's director/shareholder of etc...

Basically a company with less than £100k in assets
    beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05191793/filing-history

The main ring leader is: Adrian John WILLIAMS (who also is appointed/owns/director of 55-66 other companies with names that lead to business dealings in other mail/cost per minute phoneline scams and or data collection that would be sold off or used for other marketing BS material).

beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/R7Zyhc7uQQU5ro6u3NmOCe_VvUo/appointments

HE however has a net worth of atleast a few million from years of scamming:
    companycheck.co.uk/director/909777755/MR-ADRIAN-JOHN-WILLIAMS/summary
    mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/king-scam-mail-conmen-adrian-3719698

The goal with the below letter is to get Catherine Cummings and Adrian and all persons involved to be held responsible for their behaviour or let the company fail with all assets actually being paid out to 'winners'.

----

If you wanted to entertain the company and f#*k with them then I would do the following:

Write a letter to the 'CLAIM INFORMATION' address:

Currently stands as:
    Dept PCN M676A, Purely Creative, 1 Mannin, Way, Lancaster, LA1 3SU
    (exactly as written included the additional weird comma)

I would DUPLICATE THIS LETTER:

Sent one with a stamp (54p second class) and one with their free post number:

FREEPOST RTLA-GTHS-TYTG

This way they'll have to pay for one or it will be destroyed by royal mail.

I would ONLY pay for a stamp at present as there is currently an appeal to a courts decision that Purely Creative 'competitions' are illegal under European Law, part of this is the fact that you have to 'pay' (even if the cost is only a stamp) to find out if you have won or not. In theory you don't have to pay for a stamp and could just include some of this information in the letter below but I'd do one with a stamp to ensure they get it and one without being charged to their FREEPOST account.

And included in the letter I would write:

-------------------------------------------

To whom it may concern,

CC: Catherine Cummings (current Director of Purely Creative LTD)
    Additional correspondence address: Kings Buildings, Lydney, Gloucestershire, GL15 5HE

I believe I 'could' have one a top prize, however non-the-less have won 'a prize' which will be deemed by you being able to advise me of what the claim number, symbols, information, form I require to use.

In relation to the £1million top prize I have 3 matching symbols of: ELEPHANT (etc)
    In relation to the £20k top prize I have 2 matching symbols of: MELON (etc)

Under the clear legal terms described in your conditions I have won something. Please advise what these symbols represent and any further details I require.

Once I have your response I will log my claim form along with my ticket(s) to the address noted on the original claim for, I will be sure to make copies of both the form and ticket as you have advised along with keeping all our correspondence.

As you have noted 4 week SLA agreement I look forward to receiving a response within 3o days (28 days + 2 days for receipt of postage in line with the second class royal mail guidelines).

Failure to respond within the given SLA will result in further correspondence, if no receipt of acknowledgement is received after a timeframe of 60 days (a fair and generous timeframe) with a minimum of 3 pieces of correspondence being sent to yourselves legal action for the cash value of the prize may be made in a small claims court (at your expense), raised with Companies House (Purely Creative Limited 05191793) and an ombudsman.

I would like to state I do not have an email address or mobile phone number to be able to provide so all correspondence must be via mail.

I'm also unaware of what "a stamped SAE" is within your terms and conditions. As such in line with your SLA I look forward to your correspondence and receipt you have posted correspondence at your expense.

In addition I do not consent to any of my details being passed onto any third party, including but not limited to any companies outside Purely Creative LTD or any companies that Adrian John Williams owns and/or is director of.

As requested I have also dispatched a separate letter advising as such to the address noted:
    (currently) Department DRD, 1 Mannin Way, Caton Road, Lancaster, LA1 3SU

I have also used your FREEPOST number for this address following European and United Kingdom Court guidance that you are not allowed to charge for a consumer to 'opt out' of a marketing operation be it via website, SMS, email, or post.

I look forward to claiming my prize as I'm ever so excited that I have won something as this never happens to me.

I kindly await your response,

With sincere regards,

YOUR NAME
    • tgroom57
    • By tgroom57 19th Oct 17, 8:27 AM
    • 1,277 Posts
    • 12,602 Thanks
    tgroom57
    Thank you for the above, I'm sure there must be someone who doesn't already know this or suspect as much. Due diligence, people.

I'm quite looking forward to a pretty little watch that'll make a good stocking filler, and if I can get the leather wallet as well I'll keep that for myself.

My only niggle is that the company take so long to reply but I get round that by logging everything in a spreadsheet. Sometimes it is just my impatience, but they are quick to follow up on fb if needed. I've won more on these gamecards than I would have on the lottery, and it's cost me next to nothing.

• marius84
    • By marius84 12th Nov 17, 1:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marius84
    Hello ,

Anyone got the M684C Symbol list?? please :-) . thank you .
    • CoCo91
    • By CoCo91 12th Nov 17, 10:28 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    CoCo91
    Is this a legit address to send the request for the claim number for:

Dept PCN M680
    WG
    LBP
    LA1 3SU

That's where they say to send the stamped SAE to for info by post.

Under Contact Us they have proper Watermark Games address.

edit: And when I request the prize list and claim number by post, do I also have to put down the symbols I matched twice and three times? Don't want them to bait and switch me.
    Last edited by CoCo91; 13-11-2017 at 1:50 PM.
    • Gradhaingeal
    • By Gradhaingeal 23rd Nov 17, 8:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gradhaingeal
    M685
    Hi All,

Does anyone have the prize list for M685?

Thanks,

Kate
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

34Posts Today

4,270Users online

Martin's Twitter