Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• ButtonF1Fan
    • By ButtonF1Fan 5th Feb 10, 11:05 AM
    • 1,178Posts
    • 5,154Thanks
    0 WOW
    "Purely Creative" magazine scratch card. How to claim
    • 5th Feb 10, 11:05 AM
    0 WOW
    "Purely Creative" magazine scratch card. How to claim 5th Feb 10 at 11:05 AM
    UPDATE, I didnt realise this thread was still running. As before I advise caution and NEVER EVER phoning the phone numbers or texting. Email seems best option (if its a hotmail type account rather than your main account).

when this thread was started these cards were still winable, by doing what i advised below. My advice now is don't touch with a bargepole!!!

If the £10 is no longer a prize i wouldnt bother, but i havent personally seen a card in about a year now. Sorry guys.

My sister regularly claims £10 (£8 to £9 if you consider the postage costs)per card that falls out of the mags. She sent me a letter explaining how to claim, and I'm going to write what she wrote to me. Never ever phone the expensive phone/text claim numbers agian.

I hope someone finds this helpful. There is another post about these cards, but its mostly about comparing who found what symbols rather than cheap claiming.

Anyway, here we go....
    REMEMBER the most important thing is to read each cards small print, front and back twice just so you know what they want, the dept numbers and addresses

Newspaper scratch cards - top tips
    1. Whats my prize?
    So you've got 3 matching sybols (of course!), it says you might have won a million, a hundred thousand, twenty thousand... blah blah blah! Look at the small print, usually on the front. It will say quantities, only 1 or 2 big prizes, at the end of the list of prizes it will say "£10 x 5000+" that means most people win a tenner, assume thats all you've got.

2. I've won a holiday!! Wow!
    don't bother. When it says "holiday in Switzerland 5000+" it probably means that the holiday is a coach trip, starting in switzerland, pay to get there yourself. Upgrades available, most likely for whacking fees. Also on the small print on the back states £75 per person deposit. Be careful. If you win a holiday or non cash prize above the minimum prize, its real.

3. Get a claim number.
    Most of these cards are printed by purely creative ltd, they must, by law, have an address to write to for a claim number. It will be similar to "Dept PCN 54XXX". That number relates to the card design, as they do several cards. Write the following letters... (post 2)

4. Stop the junk mail.
    Also always write to thier anti-junk deparment, also in the small print on the back. (See the letters My sister uses and copy them, they work for her) Otherwise you will get several tonnes of spam. (her words)

5. And this cost me?
    2 sheets of paper (or 1 if printing carefully)
    3 envolopes,
    3 stamps.
    I'd say about £1.50

6. Pitfalls and avoiding 'em
    *Get thier name and "Dept" number EXACT. Do not be tempted to write deparement, its dept etc.
    *Always cross reference the claim to the no junk letter, as in her examples.
    *If you do more than one type of card (you can only claim each type of card once!) write on the back of the sae the dept number you sent it to. This is so You know what card this relates to by the time it finally turns up. They get people that way
    *your claim number will take years to arrives, as will the prize cheque.
    *stick a post it note to your card to make it easy when the sae comes back. Write its dept number clearly on it, and keep all your cards in the same place whilst waiting for your claims

7. I got my claim number! yay
    Ace. Never add your email addy or phone number to the claim form, You might not have one afterall Purelly always want a loose stamp, don't forget this. Thier claims address might have changed, check you write it exactly as you are told by them, don't get it wrong

8. was it worf it??
    You have used in total
    2 sheets of paper
    4 envolopes
    3 second class stamps
    1 first class stamp
    and a post it note.
    Lets say £2.00 max.... so thats £8.00 profit against 30 mins actual effort, but a long wait

It might seem complex, but whehn you get into the habit its so easy its untrue. Its only complicated becoz you are closing down the spam mail options, but its worth it

PS, if you are really anti junk, write a no junk letter again and bung it in with your claim.
    Last edited by ButtonF1Fan; 04-02-2013 at 7:52 PM.
    Mummy to two mischievious boys (D is 13 and J is 7)

I like F1, Blogging and Comping ;-)
Page 22
    • smeeth
    • By smeeth 3rd Jul 16, 11:34 AM
    • 449 Posts
    • 2,856 Thanks
    m662 prize list
    3 x lolly = £1 million cash
    3 x lemon = £100,000 cash
    3 x present = autocruise motorhome
    3 x lizard = £1,000 to spend at ted baker
    3 x helicopter = usa road trip for 2
    3 x storm = £400 ikea or pets at home giftcard
    3 x kettle = canon mini photo printer
    3 x dice = cheese hamper
    3 x shirt = £500 cash
    3 x surfer = mary berry baking kit
    3 x bull = £75 cash
    3 x boat/cherry/crab = spanish sun week for two

2 x top hat = £20,000 cash
    2 x star = £12,000 cash
    2 x suitcase = £4,000 cash
    2 x grape = £1500 cash
    2 x heart = £750 cash
    2 x pear = £250 cash
    2 x car = £100 cash
    2 x house = £50 cash
    2 x tyre = £25 cash
    2 x apple/feet/rose = £15 cash
    Anchor yourself to the foundations of everything you love.

Thank you to all those who post competitions!
    • dalekcaan1963
    • By dalekcaan1963 5th Jul 16, 11:24 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    I got three storm and two hammers. With three dogs, we'd absolutely love that pets at home voucher but is there a catch, and will they actually make good on their prizes? Have people lately been getting the prizes as promised or is it totally a scam?
    • jaks111
    • By jaks111 20th Jul 16, 10:19 AM
    • 512 Posts
    • 140 Thanks
    Has anyone taken up the Tenerife offer if so did you upgrade paying the extra ?
    • Slovell3003
    • By Slovell3003 6th Aug 16, 9:56 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    So I've got one of these through with my magazine. 2 stars so according to above, £12,000.

Worth a try for the cost of a stamp. However, their claim process on back of ticket seems confusing. How do I do it again?

• jcesx
    • By jcesx 7th Aug 16, 10:38 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks

Helo, does anyone have the prize list for m665c?? would appreciate it if you share it out
    • Hayden2078
    • By Hayden2078 13th Aug 16, 9:07 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cash card m666
    Hi All,

Does anyone have the m666 prize list?

• hopeowenx
    • By hopeowenx 15th Aug 16, 4:54 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    m661 Prizes???
    Hi, just wondering if anyone knows the prizes of the m661 game yet? expires 30/04/17

Thanks in advance
    • seffyp
    • By seffyp 3rd Sep 16, 10:43 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Has anybody got the answers for M661B?

I have 3 cats and 2 grapes. Thanks ��
    • cc120
    • By cc120 8th Oct 16, 12:45 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    M666 too please
    Hi All,

Originally posted by Hayden2078
    M666 too please?
    • cc120
    • By cc120 8th Oct 16, 12:49 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    M666 Win A Million, prize list ?
    Hi All,

Originally posted by Hayden2078
    M666 Win A Million, prize list for me too please?
    • toadfinder
    • By toadfinder 13th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    Another hopeful request for M666 - I have kettles & pineapples.

Good luck all!
    • cc120
    • By cc120 14th Oct 16, 6:00 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Another hopeful request for M666 - I have kettles & pineapples.

Good luck all!
    Originally posted by toadfinder
    Please, please, please
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 15th Oct 16, 9:35 PM
    • 6,674 Posts
    • 8,959 Thanks
    Maybe someone should go the postal claim route and post the prize list they get

It'll only cost a few stamps.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

152Posts Today

1,691Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Superb and chilling piece on #newsnight right now, animated reading from someone under ISIS rule in Mosul

• In my view that's a usually a mistake see my

• Does anyone know when we get US election results - ie is it a watch it overnight on morning of 9nov or watch the next day, or is it days?

• Follow Martin