Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance > blackhorse ppi reclaim success! (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
blackhorse ppi reclaim success!
Views: 6,082
# 1
evansdad
Old 04-02-2010, 10:39 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default blackhorse ppi reclaim success!

i wrote to blackhorse with template letters from this site on july 09,i sent them recorded delivery stating my ppi was missold to me by them telling me it would aid my chances of being accepted for my loan,i got no replie after 3 letters until 15th jan 2010 when i received a letter saying the policy wasnt missold but as a gesture of goodwill they will return all payments made by me plus 8% interest totalling 2465!!!! stick at it but do it by the book,it works!
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to evansdad For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
roysmissus
Old 04-02-2010, 10:46 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Congratulations well done, nice to see someone else getting their PPI back off Blackhorse. I am on my second set of letters after being told my PPI had not been mis-sold so fingers crossed.

If "poli" means many, and "tics" means bloodsucking creatures what does "politics" mean?:rolleyes:
The Following User Says Thank You to roysmissus For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
di3004
Old 04-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by evansdad View Post
i wrote to blackhorse with template letters from this site on july 09,i sent them recorded delivery stating my ppi was missold to me by them telling me it would aid my chances of being accepted for my loan,i got no replie after 3 letters until 15th jan 2010 when i received a letter saying the policy wasnt missold but as a gesture of goodwill they will return all payments made by me plus 8% interest totalling 2465!!!! stick at it but do it by the book,it works!
This is great
Well done and Congratulations, so happy for you.
The one and only "Dizzy Di"
# 4
dipstickzoe
Old 10-02-2010, 6:22 PM
MoneySaving Convert

well done.im still having a team of so called expert solicitors fighting and still waiting after 2 years!!
The Following User Says Thank You to dipstickzoe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
woottonfields
Old 16-02-2010, 6:29 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Black Horse PPI Claim help please

PPI was 3157.10
Total amount Payable at APR 7.9% over 120 months 4522.80

I redeemed the secured loan early and received a refund of 2950.98.
Letter says that to bring matter to a conclusion a more favourable rebate pro rata of 3121.76. So a refund of 170.78.
I have put in for a claim of 1571.82 + 628.72 interest as loan was back in 2005.
Could somebody please advise me if this is the correct amount to ask for please.
The Following User Says Thank You to woottonfields For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
mummaof4girls
Old 16-02-2010, 8:40 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default ppi black horse

Hi i am new to this site and am proberly intotally the wrong place , i have a question does the ppi only relate to loans ,i bought a car on hire purchase from a well known car dealership and got the finance through them which was black horse do i have a case for mis-sold insurance can any one tell me please.
The Following User Says Thank You to mummaof4girls For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
di3004
Old 16-02-2010, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummaof4girls View Post
Hi i am new to this site and am proberly intotally the wrong place , i have a question does the ppi only relate to loans ,i bought a car on hire purchase from a well known car dealership and got the finance through them which was black horse do i have a case for mis-sold insurance can any one tell me please.
Hi and welcome, do not worry, if you want to start your own thread though that is up to you but no worries.

The PPI reclaiming stands for a number of finance, loans, credit cards, car finance, store cards, catalogues and so on.

For more info with guidelines of reclaiming on link below, good luck and ask for help if you require any from here, and please keep us posted.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...loan-insurance
# 8
nic115
Old 04-11-2010, 4:53 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Miss sold PPI Blackhorse

i sent an e-mail to Blackhorse regarding miss-sold PPI and when callng today was advised a letter has been sent to advise that they are currently in a court case regarding FOS not looking into mis-sold ppi correctly. So in view of this i would say anyone that has claimed since October 2010 will have a long wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to nic115 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
di3004
Old 04-11-2010, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic115 View Post
i sent an e-mail to Blackhorse regarding miss-sold PPI and when callng today was advised a letter has been sent to advise that they are currently in a court case regarding FOS not looking into mis-sold ppi correctly. So in view of this i would say anyone that has claimed since October 2010 will have a long wait.

Hi and welcome

Good luck and thank you for posting this up.
The Following User Says Thank You to di3004 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
nightshadow
Old 15-11-2010, 12:05 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

HI, Firstly i apologise if i'm writing this in the wrong place but i'm new this. After taking out a 5 yr loan with P.P.I from B.H.F. in late 2003, i was stopped working in 2004 and am still off work with no outlook of returning to work due to health. I made a claim on the insurance which they paid for two years after which was informed they would no longer pay so i would have to retake over the payments which i did, With no way of meeting original payments i managed to reduce payments and have the interest frozen but at the present time it is still going to take another 9 yrs to clear taking this 5 yrs to a total of 16 yrs having never missed or made a late payment was wondering if there is anyway out of this as i thought the P.P.I. covered me for the duration of the loan and not just two years. Any help would be greatly received thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to nightshadow For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
di3004
Old 15-11-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshadow View Post
HI, Firstly i apologise if i'm writing this in the wrong place but i'm new this. After taking out a 5 yr loan with P.P.I from B.H.F. in late 2003, i was stopped working in 2004 and am still off work with no outlook of returning to work due to health. I made a claim on the insurance which they paid for two years after which was informed they would no longer pay so i would have to retake over the payments which i did, With no way of meeting original payments i managed to reduce payments and have the interest frozen but at the present time it is still going to take another 9 yrs to clear taking this 5 yrs to a total of 16 yrs having never missed or made a late payment was wondering if there is anyway out of this as i thought the P.P.I. covered me for the duration of the loan and not just two years. Any help would be greatly received thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome

You may be able to cancel the ppi, as i assume your still paying for it even though its no longer paying out.

Maybe you could write to them and ask them to cancel the ppi as your no longer in the position to be eligible for it due to ill health, even though they have paid out in a claim, its can still be reclaimable depending on your reasons, I note you were not aware it did not cover for the life of the loan, you could make them aware of this and what normally would happen if you was successul, the amount would be reduced due to successful claims being made.

There is write up of Martin's below....

Have you already claimed on the insurance?
Until Jan 2010 it had been generally assumed you could not make a misselling complaint if you've already made a successful insurance claim because that would indicate the policy was suitable. Yet proposals from the regulator now mean more people could be entitled to compensation.

Anyone who has claimed on a PPI policy can still submit a misselling complaint, though the chances of success are unclear. However even if you're not successful you may be able to cancel your insurance.
As shown on here:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...loan-insurance
The Following User Says Thank You to di3004 For This Useful Post: Show me >>