Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • TehJumpingJawa
    • 4th Feb 10, 10:39 AM
    • 4th Feb 10, 10:39 AM
    You pay to bid?
    • Badrick
    • By Badrick 4th Feb 10, 7:51 PM
    • 554 Posts
    • 1,288 Thanks
    Badrick
    • 4th Feb 10, 7:51 PM
    • 4th Feb 10, 7:51 PM
    From FAQ on Madbid
    2.4 What is the cost for placing a bid?

The cost of submitting a bid depends on whether you are using text message or a MadBid Account. Sending a text message costs £1.5 + any operator surcharges. To submit a bid through a MadBid Account costs between £1.3 and £0.75, depending on the package.
    We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. ~Aesop
  • alanshave
    • 4th Feb 10, 9:00 PM
    • 4th Feb 10, 9:00 PM
    Ah, mad bid......
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 4th Feb 10, 9:04 PM
    • 29,443 Posts
    • 34,897 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 4th Feb 10, 9:04 PM
    • 4th Feb 10, 9:04 PM
    first few posts in this thread explains how the only real winner is Madbid

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1286649&highlight=madbid
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• rapunzelz86
    • 4th Feb 10, 9:13 PM
    • 4th Feb 10, 9:13 PM
    they almost had me once. they used to (or maybe still do) offer 5 free bids when you sign up. upon doing this and using some of my free bids, whilst watching what i was bidding on i noticed as it went down to like, 3 seconds, it went back up to something like 2 minutes!
    they are a complete scam and should be banned. i cant imagine ANYONE has EVER won anything on this site. if you have, please show yourself and ill take it back! but i doubt it
    • BargainGalore
    • By BargainGalore 5th Feb 10, 2:38 AM
    • 3,127 Posts
    • 2,702 Thanks
    BargainGalore
    • 5th Feb 10, 2:38 AM
    • 5th Feb 10, 2:38 AM
    You have to be mad to use madbid
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

464Posts Today

4,564Users online

Martin's Twitter