Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Phones & TV > Offered free 0871 calls from talktalk (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Offered free 0871 calls from talktalk
Closed Thread
Views: 2,065
# 1
savercol
Old 23-01-2010, 12:23 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Offered free 0871 calls from talktalk

My contract was up for renewal and TalkTalk contacted me. At first the girl tried to get me to sign up at £28 month including all 08 numbers (0871/0870/0844/0845). I was happy with my £22 package of all calls, including international, and broadband. I started to haggle after a better deal and was offered 0871/70/44/45 calls instead of international. I took the deal but now I have found that for £22 I get no international or 0871. Anyone else missold this deal?
TalkTalk are investigating.
# 2
notbritishgas
Old 23-01-2010, 8:53 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I think you will find that no call provider gives free 0871 or 0844 calls as part of a package.
Either you misunderstood or TalkTalk were economical with the tuth.
# 3
TalkTalk Company Representative
Old 25-01-2010, 4:40 PM
Awaiting Authorisation
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi Savercol,

If you are a broadband customer TalkTalk offer inclusive calls to 0870 and 0845 numbers with the Essentials package. These calls are included of an evening and weekend or if you add the anytime boost the calls are inclusive anytime for up to 60 minutes per call.

If you don't have broadband then you can opt in to receive inclusive 0870/0845 calls with your tariff and these are included at the same time as your national landline calls. Again the calls are inclusive for up to 60 minutes per call.

TalkTalk have never offered 0844 or 0871 calls inclusive with tariffs.

If you want us to look into this further for you please register and post at www.talktalkmembers.com/forums.

Cheers
Emma x
“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Closed Thread