Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    zaksmum
    Tax code D0???????
    • 16th Jan 10, 9:27 AM
    Tax code D0??????? 16th Jan 10 at 9:27 AM
    Help!!!!!!!!!! My husband took ill health early retirement in September 09 - he's nearly 60. He gets an ill health occupational pension of about 270 a week and got a tax code of 647L.

This morning he got a new tax code through for use from April 2010. The letter said the tax code will be D0 from then, which they say means he will pay tax on his pension at 40%. He has no other income, but some savings.

We'd worked out we could live on the 270 a week as I get incapacity benefit too. But if he has to pay tax at 40%, we will have much less.

The letter says "your main HM revenue & customs office has worked out your tax code for your other employments(s) or pension(s) but we both need you to check that our information about you is correct."

There ARE no other employments or pensions though.

Have they made a mistake? We can't ring them till Monday but my husband is panicking.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

416Posts Today

3,652Users online

Martin's Twitter