Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Praise, Vent & Warnings > Argos - email address please for complaints (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Argos - email address please for complaints
Views: 48,725
# 1
sarahh112
Old 12-01-2010, 9:09 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Argos - email address please for complaints

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could provide me an up to date email address for Argos's complaints department.

I have been dealing with their 'customer services' department for the last month and have been given the run around and would like to escalate the issue further. I have tried to do this via their 'customer services' department but I am not getting anywhere and I am losing the will to live.

I have hunted high and low on the net and have found a 'snail mail' address for them - but in this technological age, and with the postal service snowed under (sorry for the pun but we have not had a mail delivery for over a week due to the weather) - I would prefer to continue to contact the complaints department via email.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sarah
2008 for 2008 club member 336
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
derrick
Old 14-01-2010, 1:27 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

The CEO is Terry Duddy, so you could try different modes of the name,i.e terryduudy@argos.co.uk
tduddy@argos.co.uk

Worth a try.
Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

# 3
djb215
Old 14-01-2010, 3:12 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

The Chief Exec of Argos is Sara Weller, Terry Duddy is CEO of Home Retail Group (parent).

Head office can't be contacted by email address or phone for complaints, you can only write:

Argos Ltd.
489-499 Avebury Boulevard
Saxon Gate West
Central Milton Keynes
MK9 2NW

Emails go through Acton Gate (Customer Service Main Centre).

Sorry can't be much more help.
[DISCLAIMER: Any posts made by myself are my opinions and do not represent my employer]

God put me on Earth to acomplish a certain number of things.
Right now I am so far behind I will probably never be allowed to die!
The Following User Says Thank You to djb215 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
djb215
Old 14-01-2010, 4:55 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

They will transfer you to the resolutions team at Acton Gate with those numbers.
[DISCLAIMER: Any posts made by myself are my opinions and do not represent my employer]

God put me on Earth to acomplish a certain number of things.
Right now I am so far behind I will probably never be allowed to die!
# 5
dani_d
Old 29-06-2010, 2:27 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default email address for argos (complaints)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb215 View Post
The Chief Exec of Argos is Sara Weller, Terry Duddy is CEO of Home Retail Group (parent).

Head office can't be contacted by email address or phone for complaints, you can only write:

Argos Ltd.
489-499 Avebury Boulevard
Saxon Gate West
Central Milton Keynes
MK9 2NW

Emails go through Acton Gate (Customer Service Main Centre).

Sorry can't be much more help.
I can lol!! Thanks for posting those details. I gave them a call and said that I sprecifically wanted to communicate by email as the lady tried to put me through to the switchboard straight away. I told her I'd rather have the email address instead and the 'phonecall took me less than a minut without any automated bs whatsoever so thanks again thought I'd return the favour. The email address is: enquiries@argos.co.uk

Not heard back as yet as I only sent the email about an hour or two ago but i'm hoping I will do soon. Sofasofa are on the ball though just incase anyone wanted to know!!
The Following User Says Thank You to dani_d For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
Missus_Ragger
Old 22-07-2010, 1:26 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Talking Argos Customer Services / Customer Complaints.

Argos Customer Enquiries are not at The Head Office in Milton Keynes and the switchboard there will not be able to help you as the Customer Services team are not even based there. Milton Keynes is an admin building only. They are based at Stafford.

Originally Posted by djb215
The Chief Exec of Argos is Sara Weller, Terry Duddy is CEO of Home Retail Group

I would also like to add, Sara Weller IS NOT the Chief Exec (CEO) of Argos, she is in fact the MD (Managing Director). Terry Duddy IS the Chief Exec (CEO) of the Home Retail Group, and this includes Argos.

Hope this has helped some of you.
# 7
Missus_Ragger
Old 22-07-2010, 1:31 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

For all Argos Customer Enquiries and ALL Customer Complaints you will need to either;

Telephone:
0845-640-2020 (Then choose Option 4 to speak to an advisor) OR
Email :
enquiries@argos.co.uk OR
Write to:
Argos Customer Services
Argos Direct,
Acton Gate,
Stafford,
ST18 9AR
# 8
PURPLE DOG
Old 18-08-2010, 5:05 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahh112 View Post
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could provide me an up to date email address for Argos's complaints department.

I have been dealing with their 'customer services' department for the last month and have been given the run around and would like to escalate the issue further. I have tried to do this via their 'customer services' department but I am not getting anywhere and I am losing the will to live.

I have hunted high and low on the net and have found a 'snail mail' address for them - but in this technological age, and with the postal service snowed under (sorry for the pun but we have not had a mail delivery for over a week due to the weather) - I would prefer to continue to contact the complaints department via email.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sarah
Hi I to am having problems with Argos customer services over a settee did you have any luck and what would be your advise. I just want to be comfortable.

regards
# 9
baz1941
Old 20-11-2010, 9:40 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Argos complaint - sofa bed

Message for "Purple Dog".
you mention that you have a problem with Argos with regard to a settee? So have I !!
Could you let me know what the make of your settee is, and if it's the same as mine we might be able to swop details?
Thanks.
# 10
Arnold Black
Old 12-06-2011, 6:05 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Unhappy Homebase complaints

I've been trying to get even an aknowledgement from both Argos and Homebase conplaints department since February about a shed they couldn't deliver then for a replacement they couldn't even tell us how big it's footprint/base was. We spent hours on the phone, eventually cancelled the order then emailed and wrote to the complaints department. Never even got an acknowledgement. Since then in protest I have never crossed the threshold of their store or web site and told all my friend to do the same.

I've written to Terry Duddy directly now in the hope thet moves something! I'll keep you posted but I'm not hopeful!
# 11
bampybri
Old 15-09-2011, 12:20 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default argos

what is going on at argos. having failed to resolve a warranty issue with a beko washing machine, out of sheer frustration with their attitude to my complaint i have cancelled the extended warranty on this item, despite their protestations, and have cleared my argos account and cancelled my argos card. If they cannot treat loyal customers better than this then I will take my business elsewhere.Will never buy a beko product again.Really shoddy way to treat customers. Sorry to go on but having spent several hours on the phone trying to get some sense out of someone I decided that enough is enough.
# 12
the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
Old 15-09-2011, 1:04 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Just phone the Head Office switch board and ask to speak to the Managing Director's Office, last time I dealt with them they had a team of people who have decision making ability there to deal with complaints which CS can't seem to resolve and in the end I got 250 off my order.

Switch board number: 01908 690333

Last edited by the_lunatic_is_in_my_head; 15-09-2011 at 1:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to the_lunatic_is_in_my_head For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
LaurieW
Old 19-10-2011, 4:26 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

The above phone number is correct 01908 690333, however they may have changed the email address to customer.enquiries@argos.co.uk
hope this helps.
(The person on the phone insisted that enquiries@argos.co.uk was the correct address and I had to quote chapter and verse that that address kept being returned by postmaster@....i am afraid it doesn't fill me with too much confidence)
The Following User Says Thank You to LaurieW For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
Waffle_On
Old 19-10-2011, 8:27 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovico View Post
Just phone the Head Office switch board and ask to speak to the Managing Director's Office, last time I dealt with them they had a team of people who have decision making ability there to deal with complaints which CS can't seem to resolve and in the end I got 250 off my order.

Switch board number: 01908 690333
I second this. I work for one of their suppliers, and have had calls from the MD's office when they've seriously messed up on customer service before.
# 15
shellogs1979
Old 15-11-2011, 9:20 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

hi, any idea where i can complain about argos??? my family are over from tenerife and my 11 year old sister saved to buy an ipod touch, we purchased it on sat in liverpool for 170, it wasnt working so we returned it yesterday, the store manager in st johns liverpool was ignorant, very unhelpful, i had also reserved an ipod dock and when he refused to help, i replied, i wont ever purchase from argos again and had the reservation number in hand and his response was, "so you wont be wanting that then?" is it just me or are staff supposed to be friendly and helpful??? my sister is now travelling back to tenerife with a broken ipod, thanks again argos!!!!!
# 16
Zeds
Old 18-12-2011, 7:24 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I'm having problems with Argos as well. I ordered a kitchen table in the beginning of November as we needed it for Xmas, it took 5 weeks to deliver and when it arrived on 17th Dec it is damaged and unuseable.

The box the table is in is so large that I can only store it in my back garden, and the idots at Argos's customer services cant give me a date for collection.

So I've searched on the web and found a email address for Raye Summers who I believe is the MD? I found it at this site:

ceoemail

(Use Google to find it.)

I've already emailed him, I hope others do as well, hope it spoils his Xmas has he has done mine.

# 17
mattyprice4004
Old 19-12-2011, 1:28 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellogs1979 View Post
hi, any idea where i can complain about argos??? my family are over from tenerife and my 11 year old sister saved to buy an ipod touch, we purchased it on sat in liverpool for 170, it wasnt working so we returned it yesterday, the store manager in st johns liverpool was ignorant, very unhelpful, i had also reserved an ipod dock and when he refused to help, i replied, i wont ever purchase from argos again and had the reservation number in hand and his response was, "so you wont be wanting that then?" is it just me or are staff supposed to be friendly and helpful??? my sister is now travelling back to tenerife with a broken ipod, thanks again argos!!!!!
Did he refuse to do anything, or did he offer to repair it? Plus, what was the fault? You'd be surprised how many people tried to return goods with damaged screens, backs etc.
# 18
QuackQuack
Old 19-12-2011, 7:59 AM
PPR
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missus_Ragger View Post
I would also like to add, Sara Weller IS NOT the Chief Exec (CEO) of Argos, she is in fact the MD (Managing Director). Terry Duddy IS the Chief Exec (CEO) of the Home Retail Group, and this includes Argos.

Hope this has helped some of you.
It would be a massive help if you had their HOME addresses too! I tend to find a letter to the home address of an MD/CEO really focuses the mind and makes things happen........

Sir Michael Rake solved a BT customer service issue that had dragged on for months in just a couple of hours!
# 19
texranger
Old 20-12-2011, 6:41 PM
PPR
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Send a message via MSN to texranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnydawny1 View Post
Fingers crossed it's delivered on Friday. I've to wait in all day as she couldn't give me a time for delivery - but it's coming!!
Melissa is definately the one to email!!!
Thanks again
i am pleased you got it sorted, hope it arrives on Friday
# 20
chhd87
Old 30-12-2011, 3:20 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Home delivery service and customer service are a joke!

I ordered a coffee table and side table online the other day, due to be delivered today 30/12. First it took them 2 hours just to confirm the order via email, then when I tracked it online it just said 'your order has been placed'. Checked this morning and it still said the same so I called 'customer services' (I use that term loosely)...
First the woman told me the delivery address I was giving didn't match the order number. Rubbish - even the confirmation email THEY SENT confirmed the correct email address!)
Then she asked for my name and card holder address - NEITHER OF WHICH MATCHED WHAT SHE HAD EITHER!? Apparently they had a man's name down (again, their own confirmation email called me Carly) and a completely different address for both delivery and billing, although the items showing in that order number were correct.
She then claimed they had 'noticed' the addresses didn't match up and had tried to contact me. Rubbish - the confirmation email showed my correct contact number and NOBODY called.
So they have managed to change the name, delivery address, billing address and contact number on the order, and yet still took the money off my credit card!!!!
I was then offered a phone call from the department who can apparently help me BUT IN 3 DAYS TIME so I angrily told the woman to stuff it and cancel the order and refund me.
HOW RIDICULOUS how can they mix up people's personal details surely despite not telling me the addresses and name she had that is some sort of breach of data protection?!