Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Shop but don't drop > Aldi Vax Carpet Shampoo Cleaner £69.99 cheap (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Aldi Vax Carpet Shampoo Cleaner £69.99 cheap
Closed Thread
Views: 9,856
# 1
WOW Factor 0
sillygoose
Old 08-01-2010, 9:14 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default Aldi Vax Carpet Shampoo Cleaner £69.99 cheap

Aldi bargains have been a bit lame recently in my eyes but this is a good brand appliance at an excellent price . £69.99 from the 14th January.

Price currently in Argos £117.99, couldn't find any cheaper (new).
Reviews on Argos generally good, apart from a couple of people expecting miracles :rolleyes:

# 2
mrsmortenharket
Old 11-01-2011, 9:45 AM

This is on offer £79.99 from this Thurs, 13th Jan.

Is it any good though? Can't find any reviews, only for the more recent model.
# 3
sillygoose
Old 11-01-2011, 5:00 PM

Hi,
Well its actually quite effective. Main limitation is the amount of solution it can hold, you need to get on with the job or you don't get too far before refills. Its not particularly hard work to use. Its very well built as a Vax should be so should last many years. Carpets dried within a couple of hours in a well aired room.

Best of all, the waste water came out looking 'reassuringly' muddy!
Came with a couple of bottles of VAX solutions, one normal, one for pets. Very economical to use, only needs a couple of capfuls.

Is it worth it? well at £69 it was really a bargain.. at £79 I probably wouldn't have taken the gamble on an unknown device - depends how much you want to get your carpets clean. I am not sure how well it will deal with bad stains - thats mostly down to the effectiveness of the solution or anything else you put on the carpet rather than any machine. But yes it DOES work well and lifts years of dirt, grease, bugs, smells, sick and whatever and leaves it dry enough to have your room back before too long.
The Following User Says Thank You to sillygoose For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
mrsmortenharket
Old 11-01-2011, 7:38 PM

thank you.
It's stains that come out with a brush & hotwater, but with a 21 month old toddler it;s hard work.

Plus I have pale carpets.

It sounds like it will do the job.

Thank you for replying

Lisa
# 5
kdLeeds
Old 12-01-2011, 11:48 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Just be aware that the original offer last year at £69.99 was for a 4 litre model. Although the picture looks the same, this one is quoted as being 2.6 litres, and it has disappeared from Aldi's on line "special buys" list for Thursday 13th.
# 6
gocat
Old 13-01-2011, 10:19 AM

Just come back from Aldi and all they had was the Vax rapide spring carpet cleaner for £70. Thinking that must be a bargain as it's Aldi I got one and now searched online and see it's cheaper elsewhere
# 7
fiscalfreckles
Old 13-01-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocat View Post
Just come back from Aldi and all they had was the Vax rapide spring carpet cleaner for £70. Thinking that must be a bargain as it's Aldi I got one and now searched online and see it's cheaper elsewhere
I got one of these last year for about £50 (TJ Hughes) and its useless. Just seems to wet the carpets slightly and they rarely look any better when it dries. I've tried using a different cleaning solution in there, but still not impressed.
Take it back if you can!
The Following User Says Thank You to fiscalfreckles For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
mrsmortenharket
Old 14-01-2011, 5:26 PM

I'm a bit cross. I bought it, it was a different box but thought nothing much of it. Thought it was an updated model.
I've cleaned the living room carpet with it & it's brought it up a bit but it's not clean iyswim.
I've previously hired carpet cleaners & they're loads better than this.
I wonder if Aldi will take it back?
It's the vax rapide spring clean thing.
# 9
kdLeeds
Old 15-01-2011, 3:13 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmortenharket View Post
I wonder if Aldi will take it back?
I have returned electrical goods that I have been disappointed with to Aldi a couple of times without a problem. Their web site states this as their returns policy: "Aldi has a 60 day refund policy. Sometimes you can buy something and when you get it home, it's not quite right. We're happy to refund or replace any item you buy from us within 60 days - with a receipt, in original undamaged packaging. This 60 day refund policy is available to every customer"

Take it back. You can always say that it was not the special buy advertised item.
The Following User Says Thank You to kdLeeds For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
Clowance
Old 16-01-2011, 9:02 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Three days ago we hired a professional one for 24 hours, with two bottles of liquid it came to £50. Did 4 rooms, hall stairs and landing. Have light green carpet and it came up like new,except for the black nail polish dd spilt on it when it was new in her room. Grrr.

Its been down 7 years and you should have seen the filth that came out. Will do it more often now, but it was hard work.
We have a steam cleaner for spot cleaning.
Don't forget quidco/topcashback - I do!
# 11
Michael_Nottingham
Old 16-01-2011, 10:05 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

The Spring Clean Rapide is £49 at my local Morrisons at the moment
# 12
newmee
Old 16-01-2011, 10:19 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowance View Post
Three days ago we hired a professional one for 24 hours, with two bottles of liquid it came to £50. Did 4 rooms, hall stairs and landing. Have light green carpet and it came up like new,except for the black nail polish dd spilt on it when it was new in her room. Grrr.

Its been down 7 years and you should have seen the filth that came out. Will do it more often now, but it was hard work.
We have a steam cleaner for spot cleaning.

May I ask if it was the large thing that they hire out in B&Q, Tesco, Morrison etc? I've looked many times but as I'd want it primarily for my stairs was put off as it didn't look like it was able to do them.
The greatest gift you'll ever learn,
is just to love and be loved in return
Nature boy - Eden Ahbez
Closed Thread