Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Phones & TV > Mobiles > Cancelling TMTI Gadget Helpline (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Cancelling TMTI Gadget Helpline
Views: 22,142
# 1
Daneel
Old 06-01-2010, 10:42 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Cancelling TMTI Gadget Helpline

I signed up for a mobile contract with e2save nearly a month ago. That contract came with a free month with the Gadget Helpline.

I haven't received a letter with a reference number so I can't use their online cancellation system. Calling them results in me being on permanent hold.

Any suggestions how I can cancel?

I haven't seen a direct debit being set up in my bank account as their was for the insurance. Does anyone know when they set that up?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
Daneel
Old 06-01-2010, 10:48 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I just sent them an email asking them to cancel my contract and send me a confirmation email via their contact us page:

http://www.tmti.net/en/contact.htm

Something tells me I'll get no response.
# 3
OneADay
Old 06-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

You could just phone them :rolleyes:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...adget+helpline
# 4
Daneel
Old 06-01-2010, 1:17 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneADay View Post
You could just phone them :rolleyes:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...adget+helpline
I guess this part of my post escaped your attention:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Calling them results in me being on permanent hold.
# 5
OneADay
Old 06-01-2010, 1:23 PM

Well it depends on how patient you are, at what time of day you are ringing, what number you are ringing etc...

You could try the email as suggested here http://www.gadgethelpline.com/contact.html
# 6
OneADay
Old 06-01-2010, 1:32 PM

And thinking about it, the most likely response you would get if you try to cancel is that they need a reference number. You might be better off contacting e2save.

Saying that, the reference number is usually made up two things. A couple of letters to identify the retailer (e2save) and your e2save customer number. At least thats my experience when I got contracts via dialaphone.
# 7
Daneel
Old 06-01-2010, 2:09 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Well it depends on how patient you are, at what time of day you are ringing, what number you are ringing etc...

You could try the email as suggested here http://www.gadgethelpline.com/contact.html
Thanks. I've emailed them there. I'll try calling them again now. I'm using the number on the page you linked to.
# 8
Daneel
Old 06-01-2010, 2:10 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
And thinking about it, the most likely response you would get if you try to cancel is that they need a reference number. You might be better off contacting e2save.

Saying that, the reference number is usually made up two things. A couple of letters to identify the retailer (e2save) and your e2save customer number. At least thats my experience when I got contracts via dialaphone.
The reference number is supposed to come from TMTI. e2save may be able to help, but I doubt it.
# 9
caroline7758
Old 16-01-2010, 6:55 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I'm having a similar problem- bought a phone online from onestopphoneshop and cancelled the insurance quickly but hadn't realised the gadget helpline was included until I saw a d.d. toTMTI for 19.74 had gone out of my account. Checked the email that came with my order confirmation and saw it should be 3.29 per month. Cancelled the d.d. and the helpline on the TMTI website and got a letter telling me that the d.d. is taken out every 6 months. Have now sent an email asking for refund of the other 5 months (gave the ref.no.from my original order as I haven't received any paperwork either) and so far have had an email a couple of days ago asking for my postcode to help them deal with it. Not holding my breath but will refer to Consumer Direct if no response soon.
# 10
stuartmroberts
Old 16-01-2010, 8:26 PM
MoneySaving Convert

i had no problem cancelling either, but to be safe i cancelled them as soon as they appeared on my online banking
# 11
dolphinstwins
Old 17-01-2010, 5:54 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Have you checked your spam mail?

I got my mobile online and they sent me a mail (went to spam) with details on how to log on and cancel and stuff
Alternatively you could just long onto your bank and cancel their DD - that's what I've done in the past
# 12
batesy2000
Old 26-03-2011, 7:23 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi, I've had the same problem as the original poster, neither me nor my partner who have had phones from mobiles.co.uk have had no communications from gadget helpline. I tried the contact us page but it keeps saying my email address is invalid!!!! Its a hotmail address!!!!! I refuse to pay 5p a minute for their incompetence. Is there a direct email address for them.
I had not intentions of using the service but even less convinced now I see they can't even get sending me a welcome email correct and how flawed their contact us is..... very angry....
# 13
grumbler
Old 26-03-2011, 8:09 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by batesy2000 View Post
Is there a direct email address for them.
Quote:
You can amend the service at any time by ... emailing gadgethelpline@tmti.net
As per a e-mail received 13/12/2010
We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
.definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
should have, NOT should of
.....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
The Following User Says Thank You to grumbler For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
batesy2000
Old 26-03-2011, 8:25 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thank You very much for the info, I'll email them now :-)
# 15
sensibilis
Old 10-08-2011, 6:45 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default cancelling gadget helpline

Its easy to cancel
go to gadget helpline dot com
halfway down the page there is a big button that says cancellations
click it and follow the instructions! it really is not complicated.
# 16
ranlaen
Old 09-02-2012, 5:42 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

hi i too got hit by this con men.
I spent a lot of time out of the country and have quite a few direct debit going on for my kid and wife .
so this sneaked in 2009 and has been running since at 18 every 6 months.
I never ever got a letter from them and if i did i would obviously cancel .
They claim it was in terms and conditions but as i pointed out to them if in the terms its hidden somewhere that i leave my whole wealth to them on death do they think any judge would listen to them.
Law clearly states that if a person signs an agreement without fully understanding it its null and void.
This is worse then PPI which you had to sign a seperate sheet .
This is hidden in a sale of a product and mobiles.co.uk should be ashamed to be associated with this company.
So i call them and a rude woman only kept saying its on the terms and conditions page online and if i wanted to cancel .
I simply told her that if she wants she can cancel but i am seding my bank on them.
Luckily my bank is ready to dispute this and issue me a charge back and will be talking to them very soon.
I suggest anyone with similar problem should phone them and if they refuse to give a full refund for mis selling then contact your bank and once they become known to the banks ,the banks will actually take them to court (trust me banks do this often) and they can explain to a judge about this so called practise.
# 17
mobilejunkie
Old 10-02-2012, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranlaen View Post
Law clearly states that if a person signs an agreement without fully understanding it its null and void.
Your understanding of English law is about as good as your understanding of the English language. Oh - and good luck with the bank!
# 18
goodwin
Old 17-07-2012, 4:11 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Just cancelled mine after noticing first payment going out.

I'm a techy guy, my friends and family call on me if they have trouble with their computers, TV, etc. so when I saw this as part of my dial-a-phone package I knew I wanted to cancel before any direct debits went out.

My main issue is that when I went to cancel a few weeks back the site said you need a reference number which will be supplied on a welcome letter. I waited for this welcome letter and nothing, called and had a rant and they said it's a welcome email - to me working in digital marketing these two are very different and this is misleading by intention to keep you on their books.

They are going to refund me my payment - 5 cancellation fee, GRRRR crooks.
# 19
catman64
Old 21-11-2012, 8:01 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I too have got the gadget network when i didnt ask for it after buying a phone from dialaphone. To cancel it use the link at the bottom of the gadget helpline web page , enter your customer ref number, the bank account number used for the direct debit and then your email, press enter and i got an confirmation of cancellation within seconds.
# 20
kedj
Old 10-01-2013, 2:17 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbler View Post
As per a e-mail received 13/12/2010
I also didn't receive the gadget helpline welcome message, which contains the reference number needed to cancel the policy online. I have been able to cancel by emailing gadgethelpline@tmti.net, as posted above. Thanks to grumbler!