Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    happymumto2
    DLA and home visit by GP what to expect?
    • 3rd Jan 10, 6:58 PM
    DLA and home visit by GP what to expect? 3rd Jan 10 at 6:58 PM
    Hi just after a little advice on what to expect, applied for DLA in September, sent form back by the deadline of 27/28th October. Late November they rang me for more information on how my condition affects me, how many days per week etc which I answered. I was then informed by letter that they had written to my GP for more information, a week before Christmas I received a written apology for the delay in reaching a decision, so I contacted them.
    Apparently they had written to my GP twice, on on 18th November and again on 1st December but received no response, so had passed it on for me to have a home visit to determine if I am eligible.
    Received a letter last week to inform me that the Dr's visit will take place at my home between 6pm and 8pm tomorrow. Is this normal practice?
    Another strange thing to me is that they are sending a GP out from my own practice (another of the partners, not my personal GP). I assumed it would be an independent person.
    I have no problem with him coming here as I am clearly unwell, but it seems rather late!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

267Posts Today

3,749Users online

Martin's Twitter