Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 1st Jan 10, 1:40 PM
    • 3,623Posts
    • 18,127Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...
    • 1st Jan 10, 1:40 PM
    Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ... 1st Jan 10 at 1:40 PM
    ………………into Debt Freedom!!

Over the last few months I have read people’s diaries and got all motivated so I think the time has come for me to do my own diary.

About Me

I am 29, married to my DH - 30 and we have 2 children, DS - 13 & DD - 7 today!!!
    We live in a rented 3 bed house, we have 7 cats, 8 ducks, 1 goose & 20 hens in our garden. We also have 100+ chickens, 10 geese & 8 turkeys on a rented field (near our house).
    I work part time (2 days) and I also do voluntary work 2 days per week leaving 1 day for myself. DH works full time with normal hours 9 -- 5 (unlike before).
    I am a Debt Adviser so I should know better but at least I have empathy with my clients!!!!

Debts

Our debt situation has gradually got worse over the years, in 2004 we owed about £6000, now it is £23,000+. Lots of reasons for this include being frivolous, my DH has depression and buying things makes him happy so I have allowed the spending to get out of control. Part of the £23,000 includes 2 cars which we brought recently, total = £14000 so I guess if we didn’t have them we would have about the same amount of debt!!

We have been very good with our credit cards lately and I have not used mine for over 6 months, DH used his to buy tyres for his car instead of using his bank account and now he does not have the money to cover the cost!! Grrrr!!

My debts are all credit cards:

Barclaycard - £7,354.66 – approx £4706.65 is on 0% until Apr 2010 and the rest is on 24.9%.

Paypal - £631.21 – just finished promo offer and now at 17.9%

Amazon - £2,321.62 – some at 15.9% and 6.9% life of balance.

Abbey - £889.82 – 0% until April 2010

Total - £11197.31

My DH’s debts are all credit cards:

Amazon - £5,540.63 – 6.9% life of balance

Paypal - £1,276.13 – some at 17.49% and 26.47%

Tesco - £3,261.83 – 0% until 23/1/10

Barclaycard - £1,872.56 – some at 14.9% & 27.9%

Total - £11951.15

Grand Total = £23148.46

The plan is to clear DH’s Paypal card asap and then balance transfer some of the credit cards with the mixed interest rates to make it easier to keep track of and of course I know that the lower interest is cleared first.

Finances

Up until earlier this year we used to have a joint bank account into which both our wages were paid and the bills would be paid from this. DH thought that he was restricted as we did not have spending money so bought things of Ebay with his credit card.

We now have single accounts which our wages are paid into and we pay the same amount in to the joint account each month to over the household bills. We each have to pay our own credit cards bills, car expenses and pocket money. Child Tax Credit is paid into a seperate account and is used to pay the childminder and for when we are skint in all accounts.

I do not agree with the above re division of monthly cost but DH will not have it any other way. To make sure I can afford my half I have to include Child Benefit and CSA as my income, however CSA has just decreased by £40 per week so I am short on my income every month. Before Xmas I read the calculations and I think they are wrong so I need to sit down and write a letter to CSA asking for a recalculation.

This Year – 2010

Things are going to change this year as we are moving house and having a relative move in. Fingers crossed we will be in our new house on 1st February and then the relative will be joining us at Easter. (This has numerous problems attached as other relatives are not happy about this and are causing a stir)
    We are not sure what we will do with our current house but we may buy it and then rent it out – stupid idea I know when we are in debt!

I also hope that in 2010 our debts will reduce significantly.

This Decade – 2010 - 2020

In the next few years we hope to buy a smallholding so will need to get a deposit together.

I would also like to visit this place: http://www.blesele.org/

I love elephants, I collect elephant ornaments and when I went to Sri Lanka I rode on the back of one and fed some. I love elephants.

I think the price is quite reasonable (if I wasn’t in debt) so this is another thing to aim for.

The Plan

House Move – I sent an admin cheque to the estate agents last week for £460 which will probably be cashed next week – this money is sitting in my bank account but it does mean that I am unable to pay my contribution to the bills at the moment.
    I assume we will need 2 months deposit, so need to also save £1300 within the next few weeks. (The reason this is a bit up in the air is because we are renting from friends but they have decided to go through an estate agents and we are not sure if they will follow usual rental protocol or give us some leeway)

I need to have a good declutter of the house by end of Jan. I started yesterday with son’s bedroom and have listed items on Freegle which will hopefully be collected this weekend. Anything not collected can go to the charity shop on Monday.

I also need to speak to RSPCA about rehoming some of my cats as we cannot take them all with us. 4 cats will need to be rehomed, 3 of these are brother/sisters and are quite wild – they will be stroked on their own terms but cannot be held or anything like that. The other one is a male kitten we kept from a litter in the summer but he keeps urinating all over the house even when there is a clean litter tray so he cannot come to a rental home with us.

Debts/House Deposit & Costs - I will continue to sell items on ebay and this money will go into a spare bank account I have to be used for the House costs or towards debts.

I have been doing Butlins Bingo, I have had 1 payout of £10 and I am currently up to £5.13 – must remember to scratch every day and twice on Sundays!!

I have been doing surveys on and off for a few years but never on a regular basis (as proven by the transaction history on each account!!). Last night (because I am sad and did not go out, not really I never go out on NYE I prefer to stay at home) I logged into all my survey sites and got updates on all balances etc:

Yougov – 4585 points (need 5000 to payout £50.00)
    Pure Profile - £18.20 (need £25.00 for payout)
    Lightspeed – 2475 points (can take a payout now)
    Global Test – 76 points (need 1000) (had payout just before Xmas)
    Valued Opinions – £5.75
    Opinion Bar - £7.38 (need £10.00 for payout)
    Harris Poll – 460 HIPoints (need 2500) (some removed as no surveys done within 6mths)
    One Poll - £4.05 (need £40.00 for payout)
    Ipoints – 1280 (converted some of these before Xmas)
    Rewarded Opinions – 995 points (need 2000 for payout)
    MyVoice - 545 points (need 2000 for payout)

So I will make sure I do my surveys every day or every 2 days if pushed for time.

If anyone knows of any more survey sites please let me know. (I used to be a member of Toluna but it did not seem worth it for the points, unless I am missing something and someone can give me some hints)

I will also post every day on a brilliant thread called ‘Payment A Day’ - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2047605
    Basically you make one payment every day, no matter how small, to one of your debts or into savings. This money can come from money you have saved on your food bill, money you have raised by selling things etc. The total paid in 2009 was just under half a million - £500.000!!!!
    I have been doing this sporadically but need to concentrate and do it every day.

I would also like to make special mention to a board on Motley Fool called Your Tomorrow Starts Today, it’s all about listing your goals for the month and trying to achieve them – sometime’s they may seem insignificant but to that poster they are a hurdle in life. If you need support every one there is willing to give it. Long term goals are an option but it’s all the little goals needed to get to the bigger ones.

I have read Weezl74’s threads on the Old Style boards, I am part way through the 50p per day until Xmas. She is so inspiring and I wish to follow her lead and save some money on food this month. We don’t really have a food budget for this month as all spare money will be needed for house costs so I want to try and use most of the things out of the cupboard and fridge before we move –could be some interesting combinations.
    The chest freezer will not be coming with us, there is no room and it is on it’s last legs – luckily before Xmas I sorted it out so there is some party food, 2 turkeys and that’s about it – shouldn’t be too difficult to use up!

I know what your all thinking by now – why doesn’t she stop waffling and get on with things!! – well it all starts here.

Thanks for following me on my journey.

EE
    Last edited by Eager_Elephant; 05-01-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Realised also signed up for MyVoice!!
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 23 for December
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 1/12/16)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
Page 55
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 18th Sep 16, 12:06 PM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 18,127 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Had my RTB meeting this week, the lady was quite disorganised and asked for my application form - I told her I had sent it to her to start the process and I assumed she would have kept it as why would I need it back?!!?

She went off to get my file and there it was.....

I noticed in the file that she had me down as living 5 years less at my previous property which meant 5% less discount.
    I asked her why she had the date she did and she said that it was what her computer said, she flicked through to my application form and there was the dates I had written and next to them she had written in different coloured pen the dates from the system.
    Forgive me for being picky but if I was a few months out then she could put that down to being so long ago but to be 5 years out I wonder why she did not write to me or telephone me to ask about the difference??

Anyway the date they have is the date my ex took his name from the tenancy, I told the lady this and she reluctantly agreed to check her system again but I had to bear in mind they changed computer system in 2000 so the data may have been lost!!!
    I have not heard back from her so assume she has the correct info now, if she does not I have loads of evidence that I lived there.

I know it's not loads but that 5% discount will equate to about £7k so not to be sniffed at.

I'm just glad I had done my research previously and knew the amount of discount I was entitled to - maybe they were hoping I wouldn't notice.

Next stage is to wait for valuation and then I have to sign to say yes or no to buying it - once I have the valuation I can get the mortgage broker to actually apply for the mortgage.
    Am I hoping too much that this might be done by Xmas???

I have spare money to pay to debts now that DH has been paid back but will keep this separate in case it's needed for fees etc, don't want to have to scrabble around at Xmas for more money.

Other than that things are ticking along nicely, DS off to Uni next Sunday, just trying to get his bits and pieces ready.
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 1/12/16)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 18th Sep 16, 3:30 PM
    • 495 Posts
    • 2,473 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Hi EE

Have been reading through your diary again after an absence of quite a few months. I was so pleased to read that your hubby had a positive diagnosis of his migraine issues and is quite the new man!

Really enjoyed your NST monthly updates as well. I'll have to go over a take a look and join in for October.

Hope the RTB goes well too!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Scrimpy Goal - Emergency Fund - £10,000
    Currently: £6027.22 (25/11/2016)

My debt free diary - " Paid off the £31,000 - BUT still scrimping!"

NST: December 2016- NSDs: 1/15
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 18th Sep 16, 8:35 PM
    • 7,620 Posts
    • 41,407 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    £7k is certainly not to be sniffed at!

Well done on giving up a committee. I felt awful when I gave up Beavers, but they don't seem to have missed me and I'm loving the extra time I have Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in November- 1

Weight loss - 1 stone 3.5lbs
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 19th Sep 16, 6:33 AM
    • 8,534 Posts
    • 42,206 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Still reading here. Do housing associations have the same right to buy as council? Our council became a housing association many years ago, so when I moved in it was already an association?
    Not that I have the funds to buy at the moment, but one never knows what will manifest in time.

Good luck with it all EE
    Making thermal cooking bags, too help others save fuel costs, and produce fabulous meals for pennies! I love my sewing, and it has helped me to make new friends and feel useful!
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 20th Sep 16, 7:48 AM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 18,127 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Still reading here. Do housing associations have the same right to buy as council? Our council became a housing association many years ago, so when I moved in it was already an association?
    Not that I have the funds to buy at the moment, but one never knows what will manifest in time.

Good luck with it all EE
    Originally posted by Mooloo

The Government has introduced new rules so people can buy from Housing Associations but there are some strict rules on who can and can't buy.

https://righttobuy.gov.uk/am-i-eligible/housing-association-tenants/
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 1/12/16)
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 20th Sep 16, 7:50 AM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 18,127 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    £7k is certainly not to be sniffed at!

Well done on giving up a committee. I felt awful when I gave up Beavers, but they don't seem to have missed me and I'm loving the extra time I have Xx
    Originally posted by please-let-me-be-lucky

I remember it being discussed on your diary at the time PLMBL. I still can't believe you carried it on for so long after your DH got unwell.

So far I am loving having weekends to myself without worrying about the next fundraiser or what I have to organise for next year.
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 1/12/16)
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 20th Sep 16, 7:51 AM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 18,127 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Hi EE

Have been reading through your diary again after an absence of quite a few months. I was so pleased to read that your hubby had a positive diagnosis of his migraine issues and is quite the new man!

Really enjoyed your NST monthly updates as well. I'll have to go over a take a look and join in for October.

Hope the RTB goes well too!
    Originally posted by Seasidegal58

Thanks seasidegal - it's nearly a year now since he was diagnosed. Now, if we could just get his depression under control more then life would be even greater!!

I love NST, it's such a positive place, full of support and encouragement.
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 1/12/16)
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 27th Sep 16, 9:05 PM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 18,127 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    DS deposited at Uni on Sunday - busy day Saturday with running around getting the last of his bits done and packing his clothes etc.

Driving there and back took up all of Sunday.

On Monday he lost his wallet with bank card, ID and money in - luckily it had been handed in and he has been to collect it. All items still there.

Realised that I have been to busy to update YNAB all month and have definitely overspent so need to sort that out. Made a start by printing off my bank statements and just need to add spends to YNAB tomorrow night ready for payday at the end of this week.

No progress on RTB - I haven't heard anything since my last meeting. Will leave it a few weeks and then email her.
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 1/12/16)
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 28th Sep 16, 7:44 AM
    • 44,857 Posts
    • 155,428 Thanks
    beanielou
    A new era begins
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 28th Sep 16, 9:47 AM
    • 8,534 Posts
    • 42,206 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Thanks EE.
    Good luck with the financial review.
    I have also got a lot of horns to pull in now after sorting out DS.
    Making thermal cooking bags, too help others save fuel costs, and produce fabulous meals for pennies! I love my sewing, and it has helped me to make new friends and feel useful!
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 1st Oct 16, 10:28 AM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 18,127 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Just updating here with my NST challenge for September:

Spends – I managed 15 NSD’s this month.

Eating – Have been eating bits from the freezer but we still have a lot in there (not including the pork). I took lunch into work every day except one.

Presents – Got one present this month for Xmas but have some ideas for others.

Time – I have been taking time for myself, just little bits here and there and am definitely going at a slower pace.

Empty – I sorted the spice drawer and also got rid of some of the alcohol under the sink – I sent it to Uni with DS.

Meet met up with my bestie, we had a fab meal out. Time always flies when we meet up.

Bed– small shed roof not yet fixed, need to find suitable wood – preferably scavenged than paid for!! Did under the bed which took all day!!!

Exercise – Loads of walking with the dogs, even better when its colder as can go further.

Reading – Have managed to read one library book – My Life On a Hillside Allotment by Terry Walton. Terry is the allotment gardener who features on Jeremy Vine’s Radio 2 programme and it was a book about his life and how he got into allotment gardening. I found it fascinating when he talked about the characters on the plot and the community spirit, I am now 2 years into my stint of a newly formed allotment group and it gave me some good ideas.

Budget – massively overspent with DS going to Uni. Did not update YNAB all month.

Didn’t donate to food bank in the end but did partake in a shared meal with fellow smallholders.
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 1/12/16)
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 2nd Oct 16, 3:08 PM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 18,127 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    In my mass tidy up in September I think I threw away my paper budget spreadsheet!!
    I have looked everywhere and cannot find it - luckily I had saved a copy to the computer which I have now printed and will start again from October.

I do use YNAB but I like a paper copy to glance at while I do my transfers each month and can then tick off.

Just done the budget for October - things will be a lot different as now DS is off to Uni I lose his child benefit and also his maintenance. These were used for some of the food budget but also for anything the kids needed.

DH and I will put more into the food budget from now on and we will see if we can live on £350pm for 3 of us - of course we should be able to but the reality is sometimes we can't. Keeping away from the shops is key, if I take DH and DD it always costs a fortune - will do smaller bits and pieces while I am at work as I am not as tempted as they are!!
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 1/12/16)
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 7th Oct 16, 10:02 PM
    • 495 Posts
    • 2,473 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Hope you hear re RTB soon EE.

Loved your NSD September list. Was hoping to join for October but I think I've missed the boat as having been away. Will definitely try for November as it seems to keep everyone so focused.

I'd try and go food shopping on your own if I was you.............

• Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 8th Oct 16, 4:33 PM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 18,127 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Had a phone call in the week from the Estate Agents who have been asked to value the property - the lady rung my mobile and said I had not answered my home phone all week and they had been given my mobile number. I told her we work full time otherwise how else would we get a mortgage??
    She wanted to send someone out the next day to value but once again I told her we work and weekends would be best - she said they don't do weekend appointments and could I leave a key with a neighbour!!

Luckily DH is changing his hours in a few weeks, he will do all his hours in 4 days so he gets one day off a week and his first job will be to let the valuer in!!

Also got confirmation of my RTB in the post, just a notice to confirm I have been accepted.
    Once we have the valuation they will write again to advise of this and also how much I can buy the house for.

So things are moving along albeit slowly.

Never too late to join the NST in October - people start whenever they like.

No food shopping this weekend as have enough in the kitchen to cover lunches etc. may need milk by the end of week though.

All ticking along nicely here, DS has settled into Uni and seems to be enjoying things so far.
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 1/12/16)
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 8th Oct 16, 8:00 PM
    • 495 Posts
    • 2,473 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Good news on the RTB.
    Will be joining October NSD thread tomorrow!

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Oct 16, 9:53 PM
    • 44,857 Posts
    • 155,428 Thanks
    beanielou
    All sounding good ee
    Do you have a ink for the NSD thread please?
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 9th Oct 16, 7:48 AM
    • 8,534 Posts
    • 42,206 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Good luck with it all EE
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 9th Oct 16, 8:15 AM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 18,127 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    This is October's Ninja Saving Turtles Thread - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5532832

Hope to see you over there
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 1/12/16)
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 31st Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 18,127 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Here's my scores on the doors for October's NST's:

Set all budgets
    - before the start of the month, think ahead for any birthdays, outings etc. Am currently stressing as my paper version of my budget which covers a year at a time is missing, presumed chucked L. Luckily had kept the Excel spreadsheet so have just redone it. I also use YNAB but I do like a paper copy in front of me. Now is the optimum time to redo budget as income has changed with DS going to Uni.
    Have a few outings this month, one is a local Harvest event and the other is a visit to a brewery but that should be paid for.

Set my budget and kept to it all month – didn’t do the Harvest event but did do the brewery tour.

Aim for 15 NSD 15 NSD’s seems doable.
    15 NSD’s achieved!!

Extra cash – share any ideas which work, trawl the other threads for something you haven't tried recently. I do RM postal survey and gets stamps every month which I don’t use so I keep saying I will put them on ebay but never do so this month I will get them all on ebay.
    Will also try to keep up to date with surveys etc
    Sold stamps on ebay and have about £70 made from that. Have been doing some surveys as well – not as many as I hoped but enough.

Learn something new. Ooh interesting, need to think of something to learn.
    Fail – did not learn anything new.

Food budget - Should be set realistically. Base your purchases around basics range and yellow stickered items. Budget is £350 per month for 2 adults and a hungry teenager!! Budget stuck to!

You will NOT use any of the following; restaurants, cafes, work canteens, vending machines, takeaways, Starbucks, Costa, Nero or any other chain cafe! I tend to keep away from coffee shops generally so not to hard I hope. No takeaways…..eek!! Fail – nothing from coffee shops but had 2 takeaways!!

Lunch to work everyday and plan for appointments and days out. This shouldn’t be too hard as generally I take lunch 19 days out of 20. It’s so hard to buy decent gluten free food on the go.
    Lunch taken every day.

Travel budget – petrol or public transport for work, leisure, hospital appointments. Can you walk/cycle? Can you combine journeys – shopping/ work/ gym? We allow £200pm for petrol/diesel which covers 2 vehicles. Sometimes I use public transport but later this month DH is going to start working 4 longer days so he will be there at home time saving on buses which is just as well as fare has gone up.
    Kept within budget for petrol/diesel.

Healthy eating – Up your fruit and veg. I definitely do not get enough fruit and veg. My veg intake is better than my fruit intake but now is the right time of year for clementines so I will be visiting M&S for these on Monday.
    Upped my fruit intake but need to keep this up.

Donation - Make a food bank donation (3 items or £3) or alternative charity if preferred Next time I am in a big supermarket I will donate to food bank.
    Fail – I must do extra for this month.

Exercise - 5 times a week. Have to walk the dogs and sort animals so each morning I do one or the other and in the evenings we do both together so that is about an hour a day.
    Achieved.
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 1/12/16)
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 31st Oct 16, 7:19 PM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 18,127 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Valuation has been done and just waiting on paperwork to confirm price - the wheels are turning slowly!!

Made a boo-boo on my 0% c/c - statements are online and I only print them off occasionally but at the start of the month I noticed my payment was £70 + rather than £10 so printed off my statements and saw I had lost my 0%, I thought it was because I went over the limit buying some stuff for the charity event this summer but turns out that because I paid off the stuff for the charity before the statement date I paid off the 0% instead!!!
    I should have waited for the statement which would have shown them and then paid it off but I didn't.
    Who knew you couldn't pay off what you have spent without this happening??
    Then for some reason in Sept my DD bounced but I paid it as soon as I realised so I got charges etc until my minimum payment was so high I thought 'Uh oh!!'.
    Rung them and a lovely lady has sorted me out, she has removed all charges and some of the interest and then created my 0% so I can continue with it!! Phew - I don't mind paying some interest as it was error and I should look at my statement regularly.

I checked my Noddle in case the late payment showed on there but it hasn't so that's a relief as don't want to jeopardise my mortgage application.

Not kept up with YNAB this month - have been vegging out more and just enjoying the lack of committee work which means I haven't been on the computer much.
    Need to get a better grip for November although doubt I will spend much as the Turtles are going military style and I probably can't spend all month!!!
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 1/12/16)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

611Posts Today

3,658Users online

Martin's Twitter