IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Merlin annual pass half price, £75
Closed Thread
Views: 56,017
# 1
pompeyrich
Old 01-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default Merlin annual pass half price, £75

Individual Merlin passes are now £75 until the 10th Jan HERE. Not a great saving on the "family pass" deals they have but if the kids in your party are over 12 then it is a good price.

Last edited by pompeyrich; 01-01-2010 at 11:49 AM.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to pompeyrich For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
d_shuttleworth
Old 01-01-2010, 1:04 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Talking

What a great buy just ordered 3 for my familly. Thanks for the initial post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_shuttleworth For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
jellyhead
Old 01-01-2010, 1:28 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Some of the attractions are open in winter - I already have an annual pass but looked at the offer, and now I really want to go to warwick castle!
52% tight
The Following User Says Thank You to jellyhead For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
pompeyrich
Old 01-01-2010, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_shuttleworth View Post
What a great buy just ordered 3 for my familly. Thanks for the initial post
We are lucky about an hour from Chessington and Thorpe Park, so had a few trips there, 3 day break to Alton Towers, fireworks at LegoLand were amazing. Had a day in London, London Dungeon, quick tube trip to Tussauds, then back to the Eye, had a burger then the Eye at night. Brilliant value and got us out more than if we had to pay £100+ on the day, also a good feeling that you dont have to do everything on that visit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pompeyrich For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
Destroyer
Old 01-01-2010, 1:36 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I have also bought 3 of these today, but i went for the Gift Voucher @ £75 each inc free delivery which is better than having to go to the venue to collect & also you can redeem these whenever you want.

https://secure.madametussauds.com/we...tId=4211000028
I usually like to drink my whisky neat
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Destroyer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
Destroyer
Old 01-01-2010, 1:45 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Go for the Gift Voucher @ £75 inc free delivery, much more convenient !!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Destroyer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
pompeyrich
Old 01-01-2010, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
I have also bought 3 of these today, but i went for the Gift Voucher @ £75 each inc free delivery which is better than having to go to the venue to collect & also you can redeem these whenever you want.

That's probably the best way to buy them Destroyer, at least then you are not commited to a venue for your first visit. I booked last year and chose Chessington as it was our nearest park, the kids would have preferred Thorpe Park but as I had chosen Chessington, we had to go there to collect the tickets, so a gift voucher is much more convenient.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pompeyrich For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
Destroyer
Old 01-01-2010, 2:07 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Must i add, this offer is only on for 10 days so anyone interested should get in quick, it'll pay you back dividends over the forthcoming months & summers holidays.

(Some Parks Will Be Open For The February Half Term School Holidays 2WKS Only TBA)

A Merlin Annual Pass allows entry to Alton Towers Resort Theme Park, LEGOLAND® Windsor THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures, Madame Tussauds London, Warwick Castle and The Merlin Entertainments London Eye, SEA LIFE Centres & Sanctuaries and The Dungeons.

Offer Ends 10th January 2009.

This thread should be getting a 'Sticky' & front page coverage.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Destroyer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
bylromarha
Old 01-01-2010, 2:42 PM

Quote:

Does this mean you can start the annual pass when you visit the first attraction for the first time?

The website doesn't clarify whether date of issue is the date Merlin issue or the date you get it issued by the first venue.

Thanks
Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
The Following User Says Thank You to bylromarha For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
gghh
Old 01-01-2010, 3:08 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bylromarha View Post
Does this mean you can start the annual pass when you visit the first attraction for the first time?

The website doesn't clarify whether date of issue is the date Merlin issue or the date you get it issued by the first venue.

Thanks

I would like to know the answer to this too. We have Legoland annual passes that don't expire until May so I would prefer it if I could get these Merlin ones to start after that, would that be possible with these vouchers?
I guess it's not a huge deal at this price but I don't think we would get much use out of them for the next few months anyway
# 11
Agutka
Old 01-01-2010, 3:26 PM

Does anyone know if Chessington and Thorpe charge for toddlers - everyone else seems to let little ones in for free...

And I would like to know the answer to the above too!

I'm tempted to get myself a pass as we live down the road from Legoland and it would be nice to let my son roam around Duplo Land as I look after the babby.

Or we could just stay at home as normal...:rolleyes:

# 12
Kittenkirst
Old 01-01-2010, 3:27 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi! Does anyone know if you can use these at all times of the year- e.g Halloween? Love Halloween at Alton towers
•Jan 2010: debt= £10,288.80 NOW: debt free baby!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kittenkirst For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
Ilovemykids
Old 01-01-2010, 3:30 PM

I know lego land start charging at age 4yr.
# 14
DrDenise
Old 01-01-2010, 4:28 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agutka View Post
Does anyone know if Chessington and Thorpe charge for toddlers - everyone else seems to let little ones in for free...

And I would like to know the answer to the above too!

I'm tempted to get myself a pass as we live down the road from Legoland and it would be nice to let my son roam around Duplo Land as I look after the babby.

Or we could just stay at home as normal...:rolleyes:
Children under 1m in height get into chessington for free. Last year I brought my 2 year old at least twice a month (we're only 10mins away) and it only cost us £68 for the whole year, which was the cost of my annual pass. Have just checked the legoland website and it says children under the age of 3 go free.

Last edited by DrDenise; 01-01-2010 at 4:56 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrDenise For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
Destroyer
Old 01-01-2010, 4:37 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

As far as i'm aware, the Annual Pass date begins on the date you redeem the gift voucher. Here is what information they give on the official website -

Buy the ultimate Christmas gift online - SAVE 20% and get FREE recorded delivery!

The perfect present for your friends and family members - Merlin Annual Pass Gift Vouchers are now available!
Gift vouchers can be redeemed for 12 months entry* to the UK's top attractions including the Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND® Windsor, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo, Madame Tussauds, Warwick Castle, SEA LIFE Centres & Sanctuaries, The London Eye and the Dungeons.

Please note: Merlin Annual Pass Gift Vouchers may only be redeemed at the following attractions: the Alton Towers Resort Theme Park, LEGOLAND® Windsor, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures, Madame Tussauds, Warwick Castle & The London Eye.

* entry is subject to attraction operating calendars and exclusions.
** An Individual Pass can be an adult or child.
*** Family of 4 Pass Gift Vouchers are valid for either 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years or 1 adult and 3 children under 12 years old.

# 16
trynsave
Old 01-01-2010, 4:39 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I'm really disappointed to see that whereas the price for an individual has been dropped (which is fab), a disabled pass hasn't. Yes I know it includes carer entry, but not exactly 'complimentary' if the pass is £45 dearer than an individuals' one!

http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/

Might phone them tomorrow.

Also don't forget if you have enough vouchers you can pay for an annual Merlin pass in Tesco clubcard vouchers for £37.50.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trynsave For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
Destroyer
Old 01-01-2010, 4:44 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agutka View Post

And I would like to know the answer to the above too!.:rolleyes:
  1. Visitors under 1 metre in height may enter Chessington World of Adventures and THORPE PARK free of charge. Visitors under 3 years of age may enter LEGOLAND Windsor and SEA LIFE Centres free of charge. Visitors under 4 years of age may enter Alton Towers Resort Theme Park and Theme Park, Warwick Castle free of charge. Visitors under 5 years of age may enter Madame Tussauds (London) free of charge. Visitors under 3 years of age may enter LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester free of charge. Visitors under 4 years of age may enter the London Eye free of charge.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Destroyer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
smoyea
Old 01-01-2010, 4:47 PM
MoneySaving Convert

This is off the tesco clubcard site so i hope it is correct.

Children under 1 meter go free into chessington and thorpe park
Children under 3yrs go free into legoland and the sealife centres
Children under 4yrs go free into alton towers and warwick castle
Children under 5yrs go free into madame tussauds and the london eye.

We are a family of 5.
I am planning to get two adults voucher with clubcard points, two of my children 11yrs and 5yrs with the 50% offer but am debating about my youngest whom has just turned 3yrs just to pay for lego land and sealife centres or to pay for a pass.
The Following User Says Thank You to smoyea For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
smoyea
Old 01-01-2010, 4:51 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
  1. Visitors under 1 metre in height may enter Chessington World of Adventures and THORPE PARK free of charge. Visitors under 3 years of age may enter LEGOLAND Windsor and SEA LIFE Centres free of charge. Visitors under 4 years of age may enter Alton Towers Resort Theme Park and Theme Park, Warwick Castle free of charge. Visitors under 5 years of age may enter Madame Tussauds (London) free of charge. Visitors under 3 years of age may enter LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester free of charge. Visitors under 4 years of age may enter the London Eye free of charge.
sorry was typing away so repeated information. But clubcard page says free london eye under 5yrs?
# 20
Destroyer
Old 01-01-2010, 5:05 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Children under the age of 4 are free on The London Eye -

http://www.londoneye.com/TicketsAndP...s/Default.aspx
The Following User Says Thank You to Destroyer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread