Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    DavesDebts
    Barclays Offer of a Resolve Loan- Do I take it?
    • 23rd Dec 09, 2:05 PM
    Barclays Offer of a Resolve Loan- Do I take it? 23rd Dec 09 at 2:05 PM
    Hi all,

I have a Barclay loan & have never missed a payment in the few years it has been set up. I used to have a barclays account with a 5000 overdraft. I no longer use this account but am still overdrawn, every month the interest keeps taking me over my limit. Barclays rang me today & established that I have missed a couple of payments on the overdraft facility and after going through a SOA check they've offered me a "resolve loan". Is this a safe thing to be doing? They have said it will not adversely affect my credit rating and is a first step for them to getting their money back before having to look at Debt collection, IVA's & bankruptcy.

The offer is this: Total loan 17888.40* over 10years @ 149.02, 0% APR!

*The amount of the current loan & overdraft combined.

Am I missing something here is there a hidden catch I do not know about? They said I cannot make over payments if my circumstances change but I can request a settlement figure in the future.

Please advise...
    Regards
Page 1
  • Cash Flow
    • 24th Dec 09, 6:54 PM
    • 24th Dec 09, 6:54 PM
    Hi all,

I have a Barclay loan & have never missed a payment in the few years it has been set up. I used to have a barclays account with a 5000 overdraft. I no longer use this account but am still overdrawn, every month the interest keeps taking me over my limit. Barclays rang me today & established that I have missed a couple of payments on the overdraft facility and after going through a SOA check they've offered me a "resolve loan". Is this a safe thing to be doing? They have said it will not adversely affect my credit rating and is a first step for them to getting their money back before having to look at Debt collection, IVA's & bankruptcy.

Am I missing something here is there a hidden catch I do not know about? They said I cannot make over payments if my circumstances change but I can request a settlement figure in the future.

Please advise...
    Regards
    Originally posted by DavesDebts
    On the face of it I would grab it with both hands but you do need to get their offer in writing.

Are you sure they have offered you the reslove (consolidation) loan @ 0%?
    Last edited by Cash Flow; 24-12-2009 at 6:57 PM.
  • Cash Flow
    • 24th Dec 09, 7:03 PM
    • 24th Dec 09, 7:03 PM
    Hi all,

Please advise...
    Regards
    Originally posted by DavesDebts
    I don't understand that either as I would of thought it would be in Barclays interest to allow you to over pay.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,622Posts Today

8,077Users online

Martin's Twitter