Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Loans > Barclays Offer of a Resolve Loan- Do I take it? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Barclays Offer of a Resolve Loan- Do I take it?
Closed Thread
Views: 3,650
# 1
DavesDebts
Old 23-12-2009, 2:05 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Barclays Offer of a Resolve Loan- Do I take it?

Hi all,

I have a Barclay loan & have never missed a payment in the few years it has been set up. I used to have a barclays account with a 5000 overdraft. I no longer use this account but am still overdrawn, every month the interest keeps taking me over my limit. Barclays rang me today & established that I have missed a couple of payments on the overdraft facility and after going through a SOA check they've offered me a "resolve loan". Is this a safe thing to be doing? They have said it will not adversely affect my credit rating and is a first step for them to getting their money back before having to look at Debt collection, IVA's & bankruptcy.

The offer is this: Total loan 17888.40* over 10years @ 149.02, 0% APR!

*The amount of the current loan & overdraft combined.

Am I missing something here is there a hidden catch I do not know about? They said I cannot make over payments if my circumstances change but I can request a settlement figure in the future.

Please advise...
Regards
# 2
Cash Flow
Old 24-12-2009, 6:54 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesDebts View Post
Hi all,

I have a Barclay loan & have never missed a payment in the few years it has been set up. I used to have a barclays account with a 5000 overdraft. I no longer use this account but am still overdrawn, every month the interest keeps taking me over my limit. Barclays rang me today & established that I have missed a couple of payments on the overdraft facility and after going through a SOA check they've offered me a "resolve loan". Is this a safe thing to be doing? They have said it will not adversely affect my credit rating and is a first step for them to getting their money back before having to look at Debt collection, IVA's & bankruptcy.

Am I missing something here is there a hidden catch I do not know about? They said I cannot make over payments if my circumstances change but I can request a settlement figure in the future.

Please advise...
Regards
On the face of it I would grab it with both hands but you do need to get their offer in writing.

Are you sure they have offered you the reslove (consolidation) loan @ 0%?

Last edited by Cash Flow; 24-12-2009 at 6:57 PM.
# 3
Cash Flow
Old 24-12-2009, 7:03 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesDebts View Post
Hi all,

Please advise...
Regards
I don't understand that either as I would of thought it would be in Barclays interest to allow you to over pay.
Closed Thread