Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

NCP parking ticket
    • 16th Dec 09, 11:23 AM
    NCP parking ticket 16th Dec 09 at 11:23 AM
    Hi I recently parked my car in a NCP private car park, I paid for a ticket at a machine for 30mins. I did what I had to do then returned to my car only to find I had a parking sticker pouch stuck on my drivers window. On inspecting the ticket it said I was in violation because I did not display a valid ticket, and the time stated on the parking ticket said 09.28. I looked at my ticket which I had purchased from the machine earlier and noticed it was not due to expire till 09.30. Right away I looked about the large car park area to challenge the warden who issued this ticket to complain, but did not see anyone. I mentioned my annoyance to a nearby driver and told him my story, but he pointed out to me that I had used the wrong ticket machine. I had infact used the councils machine and not NCP's own. I remarked I thought all parking machines were the same as they were lots placed around the perimeter of this car park I used, and the only reason I used this machine is because it was the nearest machine to me which had less people queing at. My sister is the owner of the car and was annoyed when I told her of the parking ticket, she wants me to pay it for fear of getting a bad mark against her name. Can anyone advise if I should pay this fine or ignore it. Thanks in advance for any help given.
    Last edited by bobbywheel; 16-12-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Page 1
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 16th Dec 09, 11:42 AM
    • 21,295 Posts
    • 25,243 Thanks
    • 16th Dec 09, 11:42 AM
    • 16th Dec 09, 11:42 AM
    Just search for NCP and you will see dozens, nay hundreds of posts where the same advice is given to ignore them. This only applies when they are acting for themselves and are not subcontracted to a council, the paperwork tells you.
    Millies gone back to Thailand, roll on Xmas.
    • Orford
    • By Orford 16th Dec 09, 11:46 AM
    • 2,133 Posts
    • 1,595 Thanks
    • 16th Dec 09, 11:46 AM
    • 16th Dec 09, 11:46 AM
    As long as this is not a PCN issued by NCP on behalf of a council you can safely ignore everything.

Here's what you can expect to receive in the next few months:
  • Coblcris
    • 16th Dec 09, 1:08 PM
    • 16th Dec 09, 1:08 PM
    If it is council PCN it is winnable due to the times. keep hold of the ticket you had in the window if so.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,551Posts Today

7,896Users online

Martin's Twitter