Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lifesaver
    • By Lifesaver 19th Jun 06, 5:05 PM
    • 259Posts
    • 111Thanks
    Lifesaver
    I want 32 inch internal doors
    • 19th Jun 06, 5:05 PM
    I want 32 inch internal doors 19th Jun 06 at 5:05 PM
    I need to replace my internal doors, umfortunately they are 32 inches wide.
    Does anyone know where I can buy some from cheaply?

Thanks
Page 1
  • fatblokexl
    • 19th Jun 06, 5:15 PM
    • 19th Jun 06, 5:15 PM
    i have the same trouble.
    our interior living room door appears to be much larger than the average.
    only door that appears to similar is an exterior door, and none suit the style we require.
    will watch with interest
    fatblokexl
    :
  • titewad
    • 19th Jun 06, 8:22 PM
    • 19th Jun 06, 8:22 PM
    Are your houses local or ex local authority?? We bought ours of the council,internal doors 32x80 and a real ballache to source replacements.Unfortunately you can't just march into b&q and take them off the rack.You may find a timber merchant can get them for you or possibly make them but it isn't cheap,especially if like ours, it's a 1 hour fire door you require.
    • Mr Proctalgia
    • By Mr Proctalgia 19th Jun 06, 8:40 PM
    • 961 Posts
    • 818 Thanks
    Mr Proctalgia
    • 19th Jun 06, 8:40 PM
    • 19th Jun 06, 8:40 PM
    I find that 2ft 8" by 6ft 8" is a very common size, fire doors are easy to source from builders and timber merchants, even the usual sheds hold this size in stock. However it helps if you measure them in metric nowadays because thats what they all speak. I even managed to get a front door 3 ft by 7ft fairly easily. Also worth having a look on eBay too.

HTH
    The quicker you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up...
  • laurac
    • 19th Jun 06, 9:05 PM
    • 19th Jun 06, 9:05 PM
    I am also looking for 32 inch * 82 inch doors and need six ! It would probably have been easier to reduce the door frame size when we replastered, if only I had known then how expensive and hard to find this size of door is. If you are looking for just 1 or 2 doors it may be worth trying archetictural salvage yards. It gets hard to find to find larger sets of matching doors. I have just came across this place
    http://www.doorworldglasgow.com/and will be paying them a visit soon to find out about price etc.</p>
    wannabe yummy mummy
  • Purdy_1
    • 19th Jun 06, 9:10 PM
    • 19th Jun 06, 9:10 PM
    I bought some doors from B&Q that were 32" wide. The doors were probably not the best quality (I know someone here will put them down) but will do for me. They cost about £27 and were Broadland. You will have to order them.
    • Wig
    • By Wig 19th Jun 06, 9:46 PM
    • 13,226 Posts
    • 7,025 Thanks
    Wig
    • 19th Jun 06, 9:46 PM
    • 19th Jun 06, 9:46 PM
    Travis Perkins has interior doors 4 or 6 panel wood in all sizes. Not good looking wood (will need painting).

Just checked my doors, 32 1/2 inch

Is this your problem? You can find 32.5 but not 32?

If so take 1/2 inch off one side or 1/4 inch off both sides.
    Last edited by Wig; 19-06-2006 at 9:53 PM.
  • Heath Robinson
    • 19th Jun 06, 10:25 PM
    • 19th Jun 06, 10:25 PM
    It doesn't seem like much of a problem finding this size to me?
    Just depends what you mean by cheap

http://www.bargaindoors.net/url2_test.asp?Cat=26&sube=9
  • EasilyAggravated
    • 20th Jun 06, 2:02 AM
    • 20th Jun 06, 2:02 AM
    i had this problem so i just re-sized the door frame. remove the arcitrave, you can save and re-use or just throw it away. get the measurements of the door you want and work out how much smaller it is than the frame. add on a few mm's for the gap all round. depending on the gap you might only need to add a strip to one side of the doorframe. ask a timber merchant to cut the wood to the necessary dimensions. glue and nail in place. fit some more arcitrave. no damage to plaster and no one would ever know
  • roswell
    timber yards like mark leaders etc will normaly have a few in stock or can order in
    If it doesnt pay rent sell it.
    Mortgage - £2,000
    Updated - November 2012
  • robwend
    [QUOTE=Unfortunately you can't just march into b&q and take them off the rack.
    i brought my 32inch doors from b and q online
    You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on
  • Purdy_1
    I had to order my 32" wide doors but they do other sizes instore aswell in the Broadland range. I also needed smaller doors which were bought there and then. I think we paid about £26 per door.
  • fatblokexl
    it is all well and good resizing the door frame and something we had considered but when we bought our suite it only just fitted through the door frame so reducing it would mean, if we moved, lugging it out of the patio doors, asking the neighbours if we can lump it over the fence, through their garden etc to get it to the removal van (mid terrace living has more than 1 downside).

not too much of an issue as we have alright neighbours, but i hate to think what we would need to do if they were bad ones.

also the doors we are looking for would need to be mainly glass. either half glass or 12panelled.
    i will take a look at some of the sites mentioned above for inspiration
    fatblokexl
    :
  • Chumana
    My interior doors are 31 3/4" (807mm) wide, which is a size I just can't seem to find anywhere. Would it be possible to buy 32" doors and cut off a 1/4" down the inner length?

Also, is it possible to do this with the painted white woodgrain effect doors without damaging them?
  • EasilyAggravated
    My interior doors are 31 3/4" (807mm) wide, which is a size I just can't seem to find anywhere. Would it be possible to buy 32" doors and cut off a 1/4" down the inner length?

Also, is it possible to do this with the painted white woodgrain effect doors without damaging them?
    by Chumana

it would be a little less than 1/4 from each side due to the gap needed. so yes it would
    • adr0ck
    • By adr0ck 22nd Jun 06, 2:10 PM
    • 2,302 Posts
    • 1,454 Thanks
    adr0ck
    jbkind do quite a few 813mm doors

see

www.jbkind.com

all good builders merchants stock jbkind (or can get them)
    • Lifesaver
    • By Lifesaver 28th Jan 07, 11:34 PM
    • 259 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Lifesaver
    I managed to get some from B&Q Warehouse, they stock several styles at 32 and 33 inch widths.

Thanks B&Q
  • rick0145
    Not allowed to post links so type doorstoresonline into search and spend some time on this site, it is likely to be the one you need.

Cheers
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 18th Mar 10, 10:02 PM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 1,351 Thanks
    KeithP
    Not allowed to post links so type doorstoresonline into search and spend some time on this site, it is likely to be the one you need.

Cheers
    Originally posted by rick0145
    Rick, do you think anyone on this post might still be looking for doors?

Last post was over three years ago.
    Just because I've written it doesn't mean that
    either you or I have to believe it.
    • leveller2911
    • By leveller2911 5th Feb 12, 7:06 PM
    • 6,437 Posts
    • 10,572 Thanks
    leveller2911
    AAC Doors.
    32 x 80 and they have loads.
    In the midlands.
    You can always search ebay for interior doors and these are on there too.
    Originally posted by vhvec
    Jeezuz only 5 yrs too late, thats the 2nd thread you've posted on and both times you reccomend the same company... May be an idea to read the rules
    If we in parliament cannot gain from ruling,then there is very little point in us being here: (Lord Manchester 1650) :rolleyes: how true!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,162Posts Today

8,210Users online

Martin's Twitter