Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • frostyspice
    • By frostyspice 19th Jun 06, 12:08 PM
    • 524Posts
    • 430Thanks
    frostyspice
    0 WOW
    Thin sliced bread - still made?
    • 19th Jun 06, 12:08 PM
    0 WOW
    Thin sliced bread - still made? 19th Jun 06 at 12:08 PM
    The shops only seem to do medium or thick sliced - I was brought up on white thin sliced and wonder whether it's still available?

I don't want any of that Nimble/Weight Watchers stuff though!
Page 1
    • purple spider
    • By purple spider 19th Jun 06, 12:46 PM
    • 290 Posts
    • 481 Thanks
    purple spider
    • 19th Jun 06, 12:46 PM
    • 19th Jun 06, 12:46 PM
    Now you mention it I don't remember seeing thin bread anymore, which is really strange. If I want thin bread though I usually go with Value/Shops Own.
    • Minerva69
    • By Minerva69 19th Jun 06, 1:58 PM
    • 797 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    Minerva69
    • 19th Jun 06, 1:58 PM
    • 19th Jun 06, 1:58 PM
    The only thin sliced bread I know is Warburton's Milk Roll. The slices are round though!! They're smaller slices than a normal loaf too.
    • lil_me
    • By lil_me 19th Jun 06, 6:31 PM
    • 13,031 Posts
    • 114,296 Thanks
    lil_me
    • 19th Jun 06, 6:31 PM
    • 19th Jun 06, 6:31 PM
    I think Sainsburys still make their own (could check online) and maybe Morrisons (been a while since I was last there) but I know my local COOP stopped doing it as I used to buy it all the time.
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 19th Jun 06, 6:34 PM
    • 4,658 Posts
    • 3,420 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    • 19th Jun 06, 6:34 PM
    • 19th Jun 06, 6:34 PM
    I think Asda have an own brand that is thin
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

182Posts Today

1,617Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Leicester win the DOUBLE... the Premier League and the World Snooker Championship. Everyone's a fox tonight!

• You do wonder if anyone has told Mark Selby yet... (the jester from leicester)

• RT @MCFC: Congratulations to @LCFC on winning the Barclays @premierleague title. Well deserved. #mcfc

• Follow Martin