Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Page 1
    • CIS
    • By CIS 19th Jun 06, 10:39 AM
    • 8,953 Posts
    • 5,019 Thanks
    • #2
    • 19th Jun 06, 10:39 AM
    • #2
    • 19th Jun 06, 10:39 AM
    Tax credits usaully need your National Insuramnce Number, this will be found on teh fron t of any previous award notices/benefit letters.

    Its in the format of 2 letters, 6 numbers and then either A,B,C or D.
  • fatblokexl
    • #3
    • 19th Jun 06, 5:13 PM
    • #3
    • 19th Jun 06, 5:13 PM
    paye ref no is needed to update employment details once your claim has been found on the tax credits by using your NI number.

    the paye ref will normally be found:

    on p60
    on p45
    sometimes on payslip

    if you have started work after 6/4/06 then best place to find the paye is via payroll section.

    it is usually 3 numbers (district no) and a combination of letters/number after that. i.e tesco is 846/t1
  • Astaroth
    • #4
    • 20th Jun 06, 11:58 AM
    • #4
    • 20th Jun 06, 11:58 AM
    All the companies I have worked for my employee number and payee number have been one and the same thing.
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • Toninho
    • #5
    • 22nd Jun 06, 11:03 PM
    • #5
    • 22nd Jun 06, 11:03 PM
    I've seen the PAYE/Employer Reference Number be down as a 'Tax Reference Number' So if that tax ref. no is three numberd, followed by a slash ( / ) and a series of letters/numbers then that will more-than-likely be the number to give.

    Failing that, ask the personnel dept at work as everyone on Tax Credits who work for the company will need this number.
    Don't mention it... just buy me a pint!

    • Warriorsith
    • By Warriorsith 22nd Jun 06, 11:07 PM
    • 427 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    • #6
    • 22nd Jun 06, 11:07 PM
    • #6
    • 22nd Jun 06, 11:07 PM
    You'll find it on your P60, I've checked mine and it's under the title: Employer's PAYE referance it starts with 3 numbers then has a forward slash followed by more numbers. So best bet to check your P60.

    'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' DFW Member No.495
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,700Posts Today

7,172Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Leicester win the DOUBLE... the Premier League and the World Snooker Championship. Everyone's a fox tonight!

  • You do wonder if anyone has told Mark Selby yet... (the jester from leicester)

  • RT @MCFC: Congratulations to @LCFC on winning the Barclays @premierleague title. Well deserved. #mcfc

  • Follow Martin