Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Shop but don't drop > Boost Your Airmiles Discussion Area (Page 6)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Boost Your Airmiles Discussion Area
Views: 191,453
# 101
jasmine57
Old 15-11-2008, 1:03 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Does anyone know how long the clubcard vouchers usually take to appear as Airmiles once you've converted them at the Tesco website. The website says 'upto 28 days', but has anyone any experience of how long it actually took. Am looking to book a flight quite soon and am slightly concerned they may not be on my account in time.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 102
josie
Old 19-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine57 View Post
Does anyone know how long the clubcard vouchers usually take to appear as Airmiles once you've converted them at the Tesco website. The website says 'upto 28 days', but has anyone any experience of how long it actually took. Am looking to book a flight quite soon and am slightly concerned they may not be on my account in time.

Thanks in advance.
Not sure if you've signed up to get them converted each quarter or just done a one off or something. Mine always go in before I get my statement and are really quick.

I'm also on the 80 airmiles conversion rate and I got it in about 2001/2002 when Tesco took over from Sainsbury's as the airmiles supermarket and it was an offer Tesco did to try and woo Sainsbury's shoppers - Worked for me ever since and I'm still on the 80 miles rate!

Hope they don't cotton on and drop it back to 60!
# 103
rachelandgromit
Old 19-11-2008, 2:00 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by josie View Post
Not sure if you've signed up to get them converted each quarter or just done a one off or something. Mine always go in before I get my statement and are really quick.

I'm also on the 80 airmiles conversion rate and I got it in about 2001/2002 when Tesco took over from Sainsbury's as the airmiles supermarket and it was an offer Tesco did to try and woo Sainsbury's shoppers - Worked for me ever since and I'm still on the 80 miles rate!

Hope they don't cotton on and drop it back to 60!
I'm on the 80 mile rate too, don't think you've anything to worry about! I've just got over 10,000 miles for my free flight to Auz next year, hopefully will book it before Christmas now. I've saved 10,000 miles in less than a year. Just trying to save a few more now to reduce the cost of my friends flight.
# 104
josie
Old 19-11-2008, 8:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelandgromit View Post
I'm on the 80 mile rate too, don't think you've anything to worry about! I've just got over 10,000 miles for my free flight to Auz next year, hopefully will book it before Christmas now. I've saved 10,000 miles in less than a year. Just trying to save a few more now to reduce the cost of my friends flight.

Ooh, come on then, share some tips please
# 105
ozvaldinho
Old 19-11-2008, 9:19 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Did anyone else get ths Shell Optimax voucher with their last Airmiles statement? It sounds great, especially if you drive a lot and have a company fuelcard.

It's for 500 extra Shell Drivers Club points whenever you fill up with 30 litres or more of Shell Optimax Unleaded or Diesel, (which is usually about 5p a litre more expensive, unfortunately)
500 points = 25 Airmiles
So should work out about 1 Airmile per litre of fuel roughly.
I just fill up 30 litres at a time to maximise my Airmiles.
Promotion runs until 14 December I think.

Keep your reciepts...cashiers often make mistakes and don't swipe your card at the right time. And the admin for Drivers' Club is terrible but for this amout of potential miles it's worth taking them on.

Good luck!
Seduction is the art of genital persuasion.
The Following User Says Thank You to ozvaldinho For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 106
rachelandgromit
Old 19-11-2008, 9:43 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozvaldinho View Post
Did anyone else get ths Shell Optimax voucher with their last Airmiles statement? It sounds great, especially if you drive a lot and have a company fuelcard.

It's for 500 extra Shell Drivers Club points whenever you fill up with 30 litres or more of Shell Optimax Unleaded or Diesel, (which is usually about 5p a litre more expensive, unfortunately)
500 points = 25 Airmiles
So should work out about 1 Airmile per litre of fuel roughly.
I just fill up 30 litres at a time to maximise my Airmiles.
Promotion runs until 14 December I think.

Keep your reciepts...cashiers often make mistakes and don't swipe your card at the right time. And the admin for Drivers' Club is terrible but for this amout of potential miles it's worth taking them on.

Good luck!
I had one offering 50 free bonus miles when registering a new card and luckily the Shell is the cheapest station near me.

Re collection: Tesco has been a good one for me, however I have 8 Tesco accounts having opened one at various addresses of family members! I also use my mums Tesco vouchers. I also bought empty ink cartridges off Ebay and send them off for vouchers with old mobile phones - TIP: Buy them abroad, they are cheaper than buying them in the UK from Ebay.

I have an airmiles credit card and so does my mum and friend. For the purpose of Airmiles, my friend has 'moved house' to our household along with my mum so we are now one household account. She is my 'step sister' .

Hope that helps, haven't got time to go into detail - late for work!
The Following User Says Thank You to rachelandgromit For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 107
stuart.pinfold
Old 26-11-2008, 1:38 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default 750 free airmiles

750 FREE Airmiles when you sign up for a Lloyds TSB current account before 30th January 2009!

More information

Sign up for an account (via phone only - 0800 085 9175, option 1) and you get 250 Airmiles, credited within 30 days of opening the account.

Then pay in at least 1,500 to the account over the following three months to receive a further 500 Airmiles within 30 days of the total being reached.
The Following User Says Thank You to stuart.pinfold For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 108
stuart.pinfold
Old 04-12-2008, 12:28 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart.pinfold View Post
750 FREE Airmiles when you sign up for a Lloyds TSB current account before 30th January 2009!

More information

Sign up for an account (via phone only - 0800 085 9175, option 1) and you get 250 Airmiles, credited within 30 days of opening the account.

Then pay in at least 1,500 to the account over the following three months to receive a further 500 Airmiles within 30 days of the total being reached.

It works really quickly, too!
  • 25 Nov - Open the account over the phone
  • 26 Nov - Post previous message on MSE forums
  • 27 Nov - Receive welcome pack through post. Am asked to visit a Lloyds TSB branch to provide identification.
  • 28 Nov - Visit branch and activate account.
  • 01 Dec - Transfer 5,000 from Tesco Personal Finance account (now the Clubcard bonus day has passed) into new account.
  • 02 Dec - Fast-transfer out 4,999.99 of new Lloyds TSB current account to my normal savings account.
  • 03 Dec - Am awarded 250 airmiles for opening the account, as well as 500 airmiles for transferring in at least 1,500 - despite the T&Cs stating the account must be open for three months first.
Wow - I don't think it could possibly have been any quicker or easier!
# 109
purpleseagull11
Old 12-12-2008, 3:50 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default 750 FREE Airmiles when you sign up for a Lloyds TSB current account

Stuart,

I'm in the process of opening an account for the additional airmiles as you have.
Question - Can my wife open one as well and claim the airmiles onto our airmiles account?

With Thanks
# 110
m00head
Old 14-12-2008, 5:53 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart.pinfold View Post
  • 01 Dec - Transfer 5,000 from Tesco Personal Finance account (now the Clubcard bonus day has passed) into new account.
You may want to transfer that back again as the deadline has been extended - this is from this weeks tips e-mail:

Quote:
Did you open a Tesco savings account in Nov? The deadline to deposit savings and get the clubcard points has been extended to 31 Dec due to high demand for the account. Full Guide: Tesco Loophole
# 111
minnie999
Old 18-12-2008, 1:34 PM
MoneySaving Convert

thanks for this link, DH & i opened up an account over the phone as we both have the lloyds tsb duo credit cards, we need to deposit 1500 each in order to get 1500 airmiles, worth a shot i think, easy way to boost your airmiles.
Debt Free date March 09 hopefully sooner!
1640- virgin card
441.76- bank loan

total was 3891.20
now 2081.76
# 112
TheGame7
Old 10-01-2009, 7:18 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi,

I hope someone can help..

I flew to Chicago and back from London with American Airlines in November.

Is it still possible to retrieve these airmiles?

Can I only use AA's scheme or are there better ones out there?

Cheers.
# 113
Airmiles4Me
Old 10-01-2009, 7:49 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default BA Airmiles through their website

Hi,
I think a few of you out there may already know, but if not, you can log into your BA club on the BA website, then scroll down. On the right site, it says 'go shopping' or the such.

If you buy anything (even from Ebay, Play.com, Game, John Lewis!) you will be rewarded with BA airmiles of varying degrees. Just scroll down the list of shops you can buy from (and websites).

Nothing changes when you buy, nor in looking at the website of the place you want to buy from...

I'm trying it out today, buying something from PC world
# 114
chrisyd
Old 11-01-2009, 6:06 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default 1500 miles with lloyds Credit Card

Hi,

First post regarding this topic. Currently I collect KLM airmiles. I have just signed up with airmiles and I see that if you get a Lloyds duo credit card you get 1500 airmiles.

Does this mean I can fly to "zone 2" simply by signing up for this credit card that I may not even use? or is like KLM (I have over 56k airmiles I have travelled but my claim will take me to Amsterdam and that is it) that 1500 miles is not the amount you can actually use

Also, If I don't have enough miles i.e. if I want to take the OH can I pay the rest or is it purely airmiles?

thanks
# 115
Gambit
Old 12-01-2009, 12:43 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

When I signed up you had to use the card to make a purchase (think it was 100) and then you would get the airmiles. 1500 miles is enough for a return trip to 2 to zone 1 but if you wish to go to zone 2 you can pay extra. The only real condition is that you HAVE to book at least one nights stay through airmiles paying in either cash or airmiles.

Hope this helps!
Current Debt Owed To Family: 12,575 9,000
Estimated Debt Free... Dec 2012 Aug 2012

Christmas 2010 Sealed Pot Challenge #477

The Following User Says Thank You to Gambit For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 116
josie
Old 18-01-2009, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisyd View Post
Hi,

First post regarding this topic. Currently I collect KLM airmiles. I have just signed up with airmiles and I see that if you get a Lloyds duo credit card you get 1500 airmiles.

Does this mean I can fly to "zone 2" simply by signing up for this credit card that I may not even use? or is like KLM (I have over 56k airmiles I have travelled but my claim will take me to Amsterdam and that is it) that 1500 miles is not the amount you can actually use

Also, If I don't have enough miles i.e. if I want to take the OH can I pay the rest or is it purely airmiles?

thanks
Yes, you can fly to zone 2 just by signing up and OH can pay the rest or you could both go somewhere in zone 1 for free. You do have to book one of their hotels tho and pay cash or miles for it.
# 117
cundall
Old 20-01-2009, 6:58 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

If anyone is going to sign up for the Duo Card let me know as if i refer you i will get 200miles plus you get 1500miles

Cheers.
# 118
elle.woodz
Old 21-01-2009, 7:15 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I tried to open Current account (to get these 750 airmiles) and was told this offer is only for their Credit Card holders?

I can't seen any reference to this in T&C - happened to anyone?
# 119
cundall
Old 21-01-2009, 7:19 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle.woodz View Post
I tried to open Current account (to get these 750 airmiles) and was told this offer is only for their Credit Card holders?

I can't seen any reference to this in T&C - happened to anyone?
They have lied to you!

Phone up again...
The Following User Says Thank You to cundall For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 120
stuart.pinfold
Old 22-01-2009, 9:05 AM
MoneySaving Convert

The only way I found out about it was a link on the Lloyds TSB Online Banking website - although the page it linked to was on the main LTSB site, I could not find any other link to it except the one I saw after I logged in.

Also - if you don't have an Airmiles Duo credit card or Airmiles Mortgage through Lloyds TSB, then there is no link connecting you, Lloyds and Airmiles.
The Following User Says Thank You to stuart.pinfold For This Useful Post: Show me >>