Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 16th Jun 06, 5:46 PM
    • 7,462Posts
    • 19,095Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Boost Your Airmiles Discussion Area
    • 16th Jun 06, 5:46 PM
    0 WOW
    Boost Your Airmiles Discussion Area 16th Jun 06 at 5:46 PM

This thread is specifically to discuss ways to boost collecting and using your Airmiles as discussed in the

Loyalty Cards Article

You can also join in a Loyalty Card article discussion plus discussions about boosting your Tesco Clubcard points , Nectar points and Boots Advantage Card points.

To discuss or ask a question about the article: click reply
    Last edited by MSE Researcher; 14-06-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 6
  • jasmine57
    Does anyone know how long the clubcard vouchers usually take to appear as Airmiles once you've converted them at the Tesco website. The website says 'upto 28 days', but has anyone any experience of how long it actually took. Am looking to book a flight quite soon and am slightly concerned they may not be on my account in time.

Thanks in advance.
    • josie
    • By josie 19th Nov 08, 12:25 AM
    • 3,014 Posts
    • 17,597 Thanks
    josie
    Does anyone know how long the clubcard vouchers usually take to appear as Airmiles once you've converted them at the Tesco website. The website says 'upto 28 days', but has anyone any experience of how long it actually took. Am looking to book a flight quite soon and am slightly concerned they may not be on my account in time.

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by jasmine57
    Not sure if you've signed up to get them converted each quarter or just done a one off or something. Mine always go in before I get my statement and are really quick.

I'm also on the 80 airmiles conversion rate and I got it in about 2001/2002 when Tesco took over from Sainsbury's as the airmiles supermarket and it was an offer Tesco did to try and woo Sainsbury's shoppers - Worked for me ever since and I'm still on the 80 miles rate!

Hope they don't cotton on and drop it back to 60!
    • rachelandgromit
    • By rachelandgromit 19th Nov 08, 2:00 AM
    • 793 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    rachelandgromit
    Not sure if you've signed up to get them converted each quarter or just done a one off or something. Mine always go in before I get my statement and are really quick.

I'm also on the 80 airmiles conversion rate and I got it in about 2001/2002 when Tesco took over from Sainsbury's as the airmiles supermarket and it was an offer Tesco did to try and woo Sainsbury's shoppers - Worked for me ever since and I'm still on the 80 miles rate!

Hope they don't cotton on and drop it back to 60!
    Originally posted by josie
    I'm on the 80 mile rate too, don't think you've anything to worry about! I've just got over 10,000 miles for my free flight to Auz next year, hopefully will book it before Christmas now. I've saved 10,000 miles in less than a year. Just trying to save a few more now to reduce the cost of my friends flight.
    • josie
    • By josie 19th Nov 08, 8:07 AM
    • 3,014 Posts
    • 17,597 Thanks
    josie
    I'm on the 80 mile rate too, don't think you've anything to worry about! I've just got over 10,000 miles for my free flight to Auz next year, hopefully will book it before Christmas now. I've saved 10,000 miles in less than a year. Just trying to save a few more now to reduce the cost of my friends flight.
    Originally posted by rachelandgromit

Ooh, come on then, share some tips please
  • ozvaldinho
    Did anyone else get ths Shell Optimax voucher with their last Airmiles statement? It sounds great, especially if you drive a lot and have a company fuelcard.

It's for 500 extra Shell Drivers Club points whenever you fill up with 30 litres or more of Shell Optimax Unleaded or Diesel, (which is usually about 5p a litre more expensive, unfortunately)
    500 points = 25 Airmiles
    So should work out about 1 Airmile per litre of fuel roughly.
    I just fill up 30 litres at a time to maximise my Airmiles.
    Promotion runs until 14 December I think.

Keep your reciepts...cashiers often make mistakes and don't swipe your card at the right time. And the admin for Drivers' Club is terrible but for this amout of potential miles it's worth taking them on.

Good luck!
    • rachelandgromit
    • By rachelandgromit 19th Nov 08, 9:43 AM
    • 793 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    rachelandgromit
    Did anyone else get ths Shell Optimax voucher with their last Airmiles statement? It sounds great, especially if you drive a lot and have a company fuelcard.

It's for 500 extra Shell Drivers Club points whenever you fill up with 30 litres or more of Shell Optimax Unleaded or Diesel, (which is usually about 5p a litre more expensive, unfortunately)
    500 points = 25 Airmiles
    So should work out about 1 Airmile per litre of fuel roughly.
    I just fill up 30 litres at a time to maximise my Airmiles.
    Promotion runs until 14 December I think.

Keep your reciepts...cashiers often make mistakes and don't swipe your card at the right time. And the admin for Drivers' Club is terrible but for this amout of potential miles it's worth taking them on.

Good luck!
    Originally posted by ozvaldinho
    I had one offering 50 free bonus miles when registering a new card and luckily the Shell is the cheapest station near me.

Re collection: Tesco has been a good one for me, however I have 8 Tesco accounts having opened one at various addresses of family members! I also use my mums Tesco vouchers. I also bought empty ink cartridges off Ebay and send them off for vouchers with old mobile phones - TIP: Buy them abroad, they are cheaper than buying them in the UK from Ebay.

I have an airmiles credit card and so does my mum and friend. For the purpose of Airmiles, my friend has 'moved house' to our household along with my mum so we are now one household account. She is my 'step sister' .

Hope that helps, haven't got time to go into detail - late for work!
  • stuart.pinfold
    750 free airmiles
    750 FREE Airmiles when you sign up for a Lloyds TSB current account before 30th January 2009!

More information

Sign up for an account (via phone only - 0800 085 9175, option 1) and you get 250 Airmiles, credited within 30 days of opening the account.

Then pay in at least £1,500 to the account over the following three months to receive a further 500 Airmiles within 30 days of the total being reached.
  • stuart.pinfold
    750 FREE Airmiles when you sign up for a Lloyds TSB current account before 30th January 2009!

More information

Sign up for an account (via phone only - 0800 085 9175, option 1) and you get 250 Airmiles, credited within 30 days of opening the account.

Then pay in at least £1,500 to the account over the following three months to receive a further 500 Airmiles within 30 days of the total being reached.
    Originally posted by stuart.pinfold

It works really quickly, too!
    • 25 Nov - Open the account over the phone
    • 26 Nov - Post previous message on MSE forums
    • 27 Nov - Receive welcome pack through post. Am asked to visit a Lloyds TSB branch to provide identification.
    • 28 Nov - Visit branch and activate account.
    • 01 Dec - Transfer £5,000 from Tesco Personal Finance account (now the Clubcard bonus day has passed) into new account.
    • 02 Dec - Fast-transfer out £4,999.99 of new Lloyds TSB current account to my normal savings account.
    • 03 Dec - Am awarded 250 airmiles for opening the account, as well as 500 airmiles for transferring in at least £1,500 - despite the T&Cs stating the account must be open for three months first.
    Wow - I don't think it could possibly have been any quicker or easier!
  • purpleseagull11
    750 FREE Airmiles when you sign up for a Lloyds TSB current account
    Stuart,

I'm in the process of opening an account for the additional airmiles as you have.
    Question - Can my wife open one as well and claim the airmiles onto our airmiles account?

With Thanks
  • m00head
    • 01 Dec - Transfer £5,000 from Tesco Personal Finance account (now the Clubcard bonus day has passed) into new account.
    Originally posted by stuart.pinfold
    You may want to transfer that back again as the deadline has been extended - this is from this weeks tips e-mail:

Did you open a Tesco savings account in Nov? The deadline to deposit savings and get the clubcard points has been extended to 31 Dec due to high demand for the account. Full Guide: Tesco Loophole
  • minnie999
    thanks for this link, DH & i opened up an account over the phone as we both have the lloyds tsb duo credit cards, we need to deposit 1500 each in order to get 1500 airmiles, worth a shot i think, easy way to boost your airmiles.
    Debt Free date March 09 hopefully sooner!
    £ 1640- virgin card
    £ 441.76- bank loan

total was £3891.20
    now £ 2081.76
  • TheGame7
    Hi,

I hope someone can help..

I flew to Chicago and back from London with American Airlines in November.

Is it still possible to retrieve these airmiles?

Can I only use AA's scheme or are there better ones out there?

Cheers.
  • Airmiles4Me
    BA Airmiles through their website
    Hi,
    I think a few of you out there may already know, but if not, you can log into your BA club on the BA website, then scroll down. On the right site, it says 'go shopping' or the such.

If you buy anything (even from Ebay, Play.com, Game, John Lewis!) you will be rewarded with BA airmiles of varying degrees. Just scroll down the list of shops you can buy from (and websites).

Nothing changes when you buy, nor in looking at the website of the place you want to buy from...

I'm trying it out today, buying something from PC world
  • chrisyd
    1500 miles with lloyds Credit Card
    Hi,

First post regarding this topic. Currently I collect KLM airmiles. I have just signed up with airmiles and I see that if you get a Lloyds duo credit card you get 1500 airmiles.

Does this mean I can fly to "zone 2" simply by signing up for this credit card that I may not even use? or is like KLM (I have over 56k airmiles I have travelled but my claim will take me to Amsterdam and that is it) that 1500 miles is not the amount you can actually use

Also, If I don't have enough miles i.e. if I want to take the OH can I pay the rest or is it purely airmiles?

thanks
  • Gambit
    When I signed up you had to use the card to make a purchase (think it was £100) and then you would get the airmiles. 1500 miles is enough for a return trip to 2 to zone 1 but if you wish to go to zone 2 you can pay extra. The only real condition is that you HAVE to book at least one nights stay through airmiles paying in either cash or airmiles.

Hope this helps!
    Current Debt Owed To Family: £12,575 £9,000
    Estimated Debt Free... Dec 2012 Aug 2012

Christmas 2010 Sealed Pot Challenge #477

• josie
    • By josie 18th Jan 09, 9:08 PM
    • 3,014 Posts
    • 17,597 Thanks
    josie
    Hi,

First post regarding this topic. Currently I collect KLM airmiles. I have just signed up with airmiles and I see that if you get a Lloyds duo credit card you get 1500 airmiles.

Does this mean I can fly to "zone 2" simply by signing up for this credit card that I may not even use? or is like KLM (I have over 56k airmiles I have travelled but my claim will take me to Amsterdam and that is it) that 1500 miles is not the amount you can actually use

Also, If I don't have enough miles i.e. if I want to take the OH can I pay the rest or is it purely airmiles?

thanks
    Originally posted by chrisyd
    Yes, you can fly to zone 2 just by signing up and OH can pay the rest or you could both go somewhere in zone 1 for free. You do have to book one of their hotels tho and pay cash or miles for it.
  • cundall
    If anyone is going to sign up for the Duo Card let me know as if i refer you i will get 200miles plus you get 1500miles

Cheers.
  • elle.woodz
    I tried to open Current account (to get these 750 airmiles) and was told this offer is only for their Credit Card holders?

I can't seen any reference to this in T&C - happened to anyone?
  • cundall
    I tried to open Current account (to get these 750 airmiles) and was told this offer is only for their Credit Card holders?

I can't seen any reference to this in T&C - happened to anyone?
    Originally posted by elle.woodz
    They have lied to you!

Phone up again...
  • stuart.pinfold
    The only way I found out about it was a link on the Lloyds TSB Online Banking website - although the page it linked to was on the main LTSB site, I could not find any other link to it except the one I saw after I logged in.

Also - if you don't have an Airmiles Duo credit card or Airmiles Mortgage through Lloyds TSB, then there is no link connecting you, Lloyds and Airmiles.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,284Posts Today

6,907Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning. I'm on way to @itvthismorning to talk energy - my aim to persuade those who haven't checked if they're overpaying to give it a go.

• RT @amy_wright: It's true what @MartinSLewis says, it's easy to switch bank accounts! 2 new ones opened this evening with 2 new banks; coul?

• RT @reid6peter: @MartinSLewis thank you for keeping me in the loop. Waffle of a reply from Jo Johnson MP par for the course.

• Follow Martin