Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MimiJane
    • By MimiJane 10th Sep 04, 7:07 PM
    • 7,277Posts
    • 43,773Thanks
    MimiJane
    carpet cleaning
    • 10th Sep 04, 7:07 PM
    carpet cleaning 10th Sep 04 at 7:07 PM
    Hi all,

Having just moved house, the carpets here are pretty filthy. I've got up the majority of the dirt stains up with white vinegar, but there are a few that just won't shift (particularly in the bathroom!).

Any ideas on how to remove these stubborn stains please?

Thanks.
Page 10
    • melb
    • By melb 15th Oct 12, 2:46 PM
    • 2,469 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    melb
    my daughter seems to spend her life getting black stains on her cream bedroom carpet which I think are black eye liner (the pencil type). she must drop the pencil and then tread it in. any recommendations of how to shift it please? i have bought some stain remover from the carpet shop (10 and useless) although the 2 previous different types i bought from there were OK.
  • Drempan
    I have hired an carpet cleaner with excellent final results.
  • KettyNelson
    I also prefer to take help from professional cleaners. It does not matter how deep that stain seems to be, these experts have the equipment and they know the best method to get the work done. When you simply cannot find a way to get that stain out by yourself, it is better to go for the professional services.
    • shegirl
    • By shegirl 8th Oct 13, 11:08 AM
    • 8,243 Posts
    • 22,421 Thanks
    shegirl
    Hi all.

I had a carpet cleaner booked to do my ivory *shudder* living room carpet today,but due to ds being off school ill I've had to cancel.

So,I need to do the best job possible on the carpet by hand,for the time being.I've used white vinegar before,after a fish tank leak (!) and it worked a little but need something more.

Was thinking washing powder?

Would it be ok to add (laundry) oxy powder?

How much do I add to the water?

How long does it take to dry?

Thanks in advance
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
    • shegirl
    • By shegirl 12th Oct 13, 9:26 PM
    • 8,243 Posts
    • 22,421 Thanks
    shegirl
    Well,I cleaned my entire ivory living room carpet with cheapy (1 a box at local shop!bought specifically for this) biological washing powder mixed with warm water and sponges onto the carpet.

It's magic!!! Ink has gone,chocolate milkshake gone and the carpet looks brand new.

Makes me glad ds was off school with his cold,otherwise I'd have forked out 50 for the carpet cleaner who was due to come
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
    • asmara19
    • By asmara19 20th Apr 17, 1:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    asmara19
    Hi all.

I had a carpet cleaner booked to do my ivory *shudder* living room carpet today,but due to ds being off school ill I've had to cancel.

So,I needarpet cleaning services new Westminsteo do the best job possible on the carpet by hand,for the time being.I've used white vinegar before,after a fish tank leak (!) and it worked a little but need something more.

Was thinking washing powder?

Would it be ok to add (laundry) oxy powder?

How much do I add to the water?

How long does it take to dry?

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by shegirl
    Hi
    This one is good:
    Dry foam or rotary shampoo method.
    A cleaning agent is applied to the carpet to help suspend dirt and debris in the carpet, which is then whipped into foam and worked into the carpet fibers with the rotating brushes of a special machine. After a short dwell time, the foam is extracted with a vacuum.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

237Posts Today

3,623Users online

Martin's Twitter