Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Who & Where are You? > Christmas & Other Yuletide Festivals > Free Santa letter and personalised video message ... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Free Santa letter and personalised video message discussion
Views: 22,093
# 1
Former MSE Natasha
Old 02-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Former Personal Researcher
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Free Santa letter and personalised video message discussion

This discussion links on the back of the

Free Santa Letter & Video

If you use either of these services and have any feedback, please click reply and let us know.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Former MSE Natasha For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
ganonman
Old 02-12-2009, 8:18 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I can't get the upload picture feature to work. But, other than that, it's quite funny.
"A bank* is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain."

(*Unless it's Santander. The branch says they sent you an umbrella 3 times already and don't understand why you don't have it yet and want it back right now!!!)
# 3
mum25
Old 02-12-2009, 8:40 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I can't get the photo to upload either. I tried quite a few times too. Apart from that it's fab.
# 4
finleypop
Old 02-12-2009, 8:50 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I uploaded a picture fine when I did this at the weekend. I reccomend it to anyone, my 7 year old son was thrilled. He thought it was live and was answering father Christmas!
Finleypop x
# 5
midian
Old 02-12-2009, 8:54 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default card & video

have done the royal mail card for a few years now. he is always very chuffed to get a card from santa. we make him do the letter and envelope in his bestist handwriting.

This will probably be the last year he believes in santa as he is 9 now and getting a bit suspicious. was talking to my sister about getting a wii and he asked his mum how come she knew the price of one of his toys if they were delivered by santa... ooops!

i can't get the picture to load either. will try this again in the morning.maybe we a re overloading the servers as we are all trying now.
# 6
sheriff2971
Old 02-12-2009, 9:29 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Santa letter / video

Very very good, did one for the son (6), thought it was real & santa was talking to him!!! One for the wife & one for the mother in law (although there is no option so I am now her son!!!) Really weorth a look!Also instead of a free letter why not donate 5 to the NSPCC for one!! I did 2 & feel that I have given a bit back for xmas!!!
# 7
li'l_p
Old 02-12-2009, 9:59 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Reference the picture not uploading.... you need to make sure that the picture is made smaller before uploading as larger resolution pics won't upload.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to li'l_p For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
Maymaggie
Old 02-12-2009, 9:59 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I wonder if Martin has managed to crash this website; just tried and it is down for repair?
The Following User Says Thank You to Maymaggie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
lil_miss_thrifty
Old 02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I did the video earlier for my son and I think it is lovely, not shown it to him yet as it mentions him going to see him, which he's not done yet but I am sure he'll be as thrilled as me. Oh to be young again!!
Did I help?...click thanks please.

2009 Wins... Baby Hannah born 29th March 11lb 7oz-she's perfect . 1gb iPod shuffle 3rd Gen (60), Rimmel Mascara, Rimmel Minerals Foundation, Jelly Belly Beans, Trials - Cleansing Wipes, Baby Bath, Cat Milk, Immac cream, Freebies - JD basting brush, JD keyring, Energy Saving Products,
The Following User Says Thank You to lil_miss_thrifty For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
saveralot
Old 02-12-2009, 11:51 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Brilliant, took only a couple of minutes to do and the best laugh I've had all week. Naughty 44 year old receipt will have a laugh I'm sure too.
# 11
Minerva69
Old 03-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default NSPCC Letter from Santa

Please also consider getting the Letter from Santa from the children's charity the NSPCC. The suggested donation is 5 but you can donate what you can afford. I got one last year for my daughter and it was very nice, have sent for one this year too. They also do a "baby's 1st Christmas" letter. You have to order by 16th December, from http://www.nspccwishes.org.uk/letter-from-santa
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minerva69 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
bridaldream
Old 03-12-2009, 10:46 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

The Video is just fantastic I had no problems at all downloading a photo, my son watched it and thought it really was santa and when he asked questions my son was answering him etc, it was amazing to see my sons face, I also did one for my husband where he had been naughty and has to take me out to restaurants more, which my son loves that he was nice and daddy was naughty.

Only thing I would say is keep a note of the ref they give you as we never got an e mail giving us the ref good job I am so organised !!
The Following User Says Thank You to bridaldream For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
debbihallam
Old 03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Exclamation Santa video warning!

Just wanted people to consider how smart their kids are before showing them the video.

My son is 7 and absolutley LOVED his video, he believed it was genuine.

So much so, that he wanted to watch it again. Clever clogs that his is, he had remembered the web address.

He then logged onto his pc and created a shortcut, which lead him to the home page of PNP. Unfortunately he then spotted the 'create' link!

My husband found him crying in bed, later that night, saying 'Mummy lied to me'!

I was absolutley devastated! Luckily, he still believes in Santa and was quite happy with the 'white lie' explanation, but the thought of him crying to himself over my 'betrayal' is heart breaking.

So, go ahead, the vidoes are brilliant, but exercise some caution.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debbihallam For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
jcr16
Old 03-12-2009, 1:19 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

my children are posting their letters today. and i've done the santa video. gonna let them see it in a couple of days when santas has ahd chance to get their letters.

i loved this video link. and as said in another thread. it brough a tear to our eyes. It will be excellent for my son as i choose the eating his veg option. as my son hates carrots, sprouts and broc. but the last couple of months he has been eating them every time i serve them up without too much fuss. so for him to get a mention form santa will make his day.
Very proud mummy to 4 wonderful children aged 8,7 and 4 and 1 months. And our beautiful little angel in heaven she will never be forgotten .My children and Husband are my world.I'm a sahm and enjoying every minute to the full even if sometimes it can seem a bit tough x
The Following User Says Thank You to jcr16 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
newkitchenfund
Old 04-12-2009, 11:36 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default nspcc SANTA LETTERS

[QUOTE=Minerva69;27500877]Please also consider getting the Letter from Santa from the children's charity the NSPCC. The suggested donation is 5 but you can donate what you can afford. I got one last year for my daughter and it was very nice, have sent for one this year too. They also do a "baby's 1st Christmas" letter. You have to order by 16th December,

This is a lovely idea - I did them last year for my son and two nephews who were thrilled. The 'baby's first christmas' one sounds fun too. You don't have to give as much as 5 if you are skint but it is probably the most worthwhile thing you could do with a fiver this Christmas!
The Following User Says Thank You to newkitchenfund For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
karendb
Old 04-12-2009, 1:32 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I created a video for my son 2 days ago now and can access it via the website via but the link hasn't been sent to the email address that I requested.

I wanted to do one for my daughters as well and send it to their email address. Has anyone actually been sent notices to their email addresses that a video has been created?
I would love to be lazy but can't find the time
# 17
midian
Old 05-12-2009, 1:06 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default inserting pic in video

no i was right first time. i did it early this morning no prob - no need to crop pic either. then after 1pm pic of 'naughty teenager' wouldn't load. i think it cos the us comes awake and online that the servers must be busy. will wait till tomorrow early morning again.
# 18
tubster
Old 07-12-2009, 2:10 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default great video

I loved this. my 1.5mb photo wouldn't load, when I reduced it to 350kb it loaded fast.
# 19
Rundi
Old 08-12-2009, 8:43 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

sorry to report that for the past three years we've tried the Santa at Royal mail and received nothing back. The cynic in me says that someone at the sorting office knows there's a SAE enclosed and takes the stamps off.
we've had to make them up oursleves, but this year (probably too late now) went to John Lewis and got a letter back two days later - kids made up
# 20
Sarah Joanne
Old 08-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I did this last night for DH while he was out at work so he got the email this morning. He was very pleased with it, as was I! Picture uploaded fine for me too.