Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    ShaShaSha
    Better Off Calculation - can someone help?
    • 20th Nov 09, 11:37 AM
    Better Off Calculation - can someone help? 20th Nov 09 at 11:37 AM
    Hi there, I have looked online but cannot find a better off calculator for benefits. We have been advised that my partner is eligible for ESA, which he has claimed for but they have said it would be better if we went to see citizens advice to get a better off calculation done and we cant get there in the next week or so due to illness, can anyone help us figure out if we should stay on the benefits we are on or not?

Here is out circumstances:

Me (23 yrs): I get higher rate car & mobility DLA, Incapacity long-term, Tax credits & child benefit for daughter under 1 year

My partner (28 yrs): lower rate care & mobility DLA, carers allowance (for caring for me)

And we have a joint income support claim

The jobcentre said something about it taking us over threshold for Housing Benefit if he claimed ESA contribution based, so we might be worse off in the end.

Am I right in saying we would lose income support, I would remain on Incapacity and my partner would recieve ESA which would be 64.30 with carers premium of 29.50 and if placed in work focused group 25.50

totalling to 119.00?? does this sound right? At the moment we get 20 income support each week for both of us.

Also, how would this affect our hosuing benefit? hope someone can help!
    Yes im disabled....yes I can do things you cant....but you can do things I cant so were equal!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,639Posts Today

9,664Users online

Martin's Twitter