Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 16th Nov 09, 6:14 PM
    • 1,218Posts
    • 3,554Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread
    • 16th Nov 09, 6:14 PM
    HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread 16th Nov 09 at 6:14 PM
    This thread is specifically to discuss feedback on

HattonGardenMetals.com
    (
    Link)

For a step-by-step guide to flogging old jewellery, see Sell Your Gold.

If you've used this company, please can you tell us the following...
    • When did you use it?
    • What did you send it?
    • How much did it promise you?
    • How much did it deliver?
    • How efficient was the service?
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason?
    • Anything else other people should know?

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thank you for your help

Important note for representatives of gold companies

We will be monitoring the threads, and if we believe any company has got its own representatives to deliberately post positive feedback (or negative on its competitors) it will be deleted, and we will count that as negatively towards any company's reliability and trustworthiness.

Don't miss another deal! Get MoneySavingExpert's Weekly Email
    It's full of new guides, tips, & loopholes; free & spam free
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 12-03-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Page 65
    • KarenGraham
    • By KarenGraham 5th Jun 17, 12:54 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KarenGraham
    Got a quotation from HGM website for some gold I was looking to sell. Posted it from Northern Ireland on Friday afternoon and the money was in my account by 11.00 this morning (Monday). Quick, easy and very reliable. Will certainly use again
    • weejas
    • By weejas 4th Jul 17, 8:36 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    weejas
    Got a quote on their www on the Sunday night. Sent some jewellery via Royal Mail Special Delivery on the Monday for delivery the following day. Money was in my bank by Tuesday lunchtime. Just perfect. Will certainly use again
    • chrisrm
    • By chrisrm 17th Jul 17, 11:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chrisrm
    I have now used Hatton Garden Metals twice in the past month, on each occasion I have received the amount Stated on there quote, both amounts paid on the day they received the gold. Very pleased with the speed of there service. I would recommend them to anyone looking to sell old jewelry.
    • Clairew83
    • By Clairew83 21st Aug 17, 2:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Clairew83
    Used Hatton Garden Metals based on MSE reviews. Posted items on Saturday had the money in my account by noon on Monday. Only slight reduction on quoted price due to gems being removed which was expected. Great service, over double what I was quoted for at Ramsdens. Would highly recommend!
    • Rich W
    • By Rich W 8th Sep 17, 3:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rich W
    Well happy
    I don`t usually bother with reviews but seen as I sold my chain today to these guys on the basis of the reviews on here, thought it only fair to. I had a 22 carat gold chain I weighed it on kitchen scales at 85 grams.Tried 2 local jewellers in town and got offered £1700 and £2000. I googled selling gold and noticed on the moneysavingexpert site that I trust HGM came out 2nd bar a few pence in their review on these type of businesses but had the most positive reviews. Their site advised me that 85g 22c would give me £2446 !! I created an account, filled in details etc and printed off the paperwork with the ref number which I enclosed, still a bit wary I posted it yesterday around 10 am special delivery insured (insured up to £2500 and delivery cost £11) I logged on to my account this morning on the website and it told me they had received it, the actual weight 85.1g and they were processing it. 2 hours later it said paid £2447! (it was a tiny bit heavier but the price per gram had gone down by a few pence) it took a couple of hours to hit my bank. Pretty much 24 hours turnaround !!! I got £750 more than quoted in the the high street from 1 jeweller !! I would have no reservations about trusting and using Hatton Garden Metals again. Thank you for fantastic service.
    • Chippy99
    • By Chippy99 29th Sep 17, 10:45 AM
    • 63 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Chippy99
    Wow! Seriously impressed with these people.

When did you use it? Yesterday
    What did you send it? Yesterday
    How much did it promise you? £262.36
    How much did it deliver? £262.36
    How efficient was the service? INCREDIBLE!
    If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason? N/A
    Anything else other people should know?

Yes, I only sent the item yesterday afternoon and to find I have been paid already - by 10:30 in the morning of the next day, is amazing. Absolutely superb service, and I might add, very good communications too.

One word: Excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend them.
    Last edited by Chippy99; 29-09-2017 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Correct a typo
    • Tonysuk
    • By Tonysuk 3rd Nov 17, 2:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Tonysuk
    I have used Hatton Garden Metals for 7yrs now, having tried other so called ‘Best Prices Paid’ sites & have always had great service, great prices for scrap Gold & Silver & very quick payment.
    Now if friends or family ask me where to sell their scrap precious metals I always quip,
    “ Forget the rest go to the best Hatton Garden Metals”. They really are unbeatable.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,780Posts Today

9,460Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sneaky NAKED photo... ...of the room where many political and regional TV interviews are done. This is before the? https://t.co/fDdeKQOQuU

• The Premium Bond rate is being boosted from 1.15% to 1.4% should you pile in? My analysis... https://t.co/3Q7tjphAFO

• RT @colinjdunn: First #Plevin cheque received this morning - £548.66 from Nationwide & with other claims still outstanding - so thanks @Mar?

• Follow Martin