Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Boost Your Income > HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread (Page 46)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread
Views: 195,364
# 901
Sheltieworld
Old 11-07-2012, 8:32 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi....

I used your money ......Avoid rip-offs and earn the most cash, in selling gold.....Took your recommends in using Hatton Garden metals.....Also took your advise by taking photos ......Posted the gold Monday morning by Royal mail special delivery .......And because the Hatton garden metals gold site is so clear and easy to use ....I was able to work out the value I was sending, So i could insure it ....(1 extra on the cost of postage).....Received emails and paper work from Hattons garden metals confirming my details......and get this.......I had a text and email to confirm that I had over 1000 pounds in my account by Tuesday afternoon.....

Now that is what I call a service.......Not only from Hatton....But from you guys as well at moneysavingexpert.......The article like your site is top class......Thanks a lot..
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 902
nattypants
Old 11-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

This is the first time I have ever sold any gold (was extremely cautious to do so), however I would absolutely recommend this website for both ease of use and prompt service.
I posted 3 very small items yesterday just after 4pm and by 11.10am this morning I received confirmation of payment, which is sitting in my bank account and in true style, I'm away to open a Credit Union account and will pay a portion directly into this.

Thank you Money Saving Expert

NPX
February13 - 94010.85 (or thereabouts)
MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it
C'mon nattypants
# 903
123starling
Old 12-07-2012, 9:53 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default impressed

I have never used a more efficient site than Hatton Garden Metals. I made the enquiry on Tuesday for 2 pieces of tatty gold and sent them off by sd on Tuesday afternoon. The site was informative, simple to navigate and straightforward. (All very important to one of my advanced years) And on Wednesday morning the money was in my bank account. What is more, the amount exceeded my expectations because my scales weren't as accurate as theirs. So win win and I highly recommend them to anyone who might be, as I was, rather nervous about sending items of value through the post to someone unknown. I must add that I had taken one item into a local jeweller who had offered substantially less money, but had at least tested it for me as it wasn't hallmarked. All in all a most rewarding experience.
# 904
tryingtobegood2011
Old 12-07-2012, 1:00 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Very speedy service

I posted my Gold to them yesterday lunch time and payment is in my account less than 24 hours later.

I am very happy :-)
# 905
lou49
Old 13-07-2012, 12:18 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Brilliant service! Sent a gold dental crown on Wednesday and just received a cheque today, 48 hours later! Price was twice what I was offered at one of these 'We Buy your Gold' places at a nearby shopping mall.
# 906
brudie
Old 13-07-2012, 10:21 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

brilliant site, thanks
# 907
brudie
Old 14-07-2012, 8:41 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I am impressed
I made an inquiry on the phone first, they suggested a quote first
I sent them registered post. Cost 6.50
It arrived by 10 am, I checked the royal mail tracking service.
HGM rang me at at 10.15. quote was 712.30. I said yes.
It was 80 less then my on line quote. They explained why. I put a piece down as 18crt, it was 9crt. I was not sure as there was no hallmark on it. The money was in my account by four in the afternoon. I could not praise them more. Wonderful!
I would use them again. Please, all sceptics, have no fear.
# 908
Saversavy
Old 17-07-2012, 5:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Happy Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjj View Post
used hgm last month. knew exactly how much I would get as they tell you on the web how much they pay per gram. It was double what 2 local jewelers were paying. Enter how much in weight you are sending and then send special delivery I think (insured up to 500 I think, check with PO). Money in bank next day. No arguments over weight, agreed with me and the gold price actually went up on the day we traded so I got even more than I was expecting. Very happy
I used Hatton Garden Metals for the first time yesterday. Sent old gold and silver jewellry yesterday afternoon. Received quote at 3.15pm today and nearly 1000 in bank at 5.30pm this afternoon. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again and will recommend to my friends. Absolutely brilliant compny to deal with.
# 909
claire1011
Old 18-07-2012, 8:27 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Smile hattons garden metals

Hi
I sent off 194g of silver last monday, broken items, things that i no longer wear etc, posted by special delivery as advised, last thursday i received a cheque for 78.20. very prompt service, fantastic, highly recommended
# 910
EllieD
Old 18-07-2012, 8:49 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Excellent company to use

I saw the feedback on Hatton Garden metals and thought I'd give them a go. Weighed my gold and sent it to them on Monday 16 July 2012 (royal mail special delivery). On Tuesday HGM emailed me to say they had my gold and how much they were going to pay - did I want to go ahead? The price was actually a bit more than I had calculated, so said yes immeditely. The cash was in my bank account the same day. Fantastic company to use, website is easy to navigate and they pay what they say they will. Only wish I had a bit more gold to sell!
# 911
cookie*
Old 20-07-2012, 6:35 PM
MoneySaving Convert

not read the whole thread but am considering selling some gold and would like to use these guys however, it's indian gold.
anyone have any experience of selling indian gold to these guys? or is it all the same thing?
ty for any help
# 912
JDPower
Old 20-07-2012, 6:40 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie* View Post
not read the whole thread but am considering selling some gold and would like to use these guys however, it's indian gold.
anyone have any experience of selling indian gold to these guys? or is it all the same thing?
ty for any help
Search is your friend http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...chid=129750285
# 913
cookie*
Old 20-07-2012, 7:16 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPower View Post
hmmm, i'm not gettin any results there? it's saying sorry, no matches.

and my mistake, not indian gold but, saudi arabian.

hallmarked etc.
# 914
JDPower
Old 20-07-2012, 7:41 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie* View Post
hmmm, i'm not gettin any results there? it's saying sorry, no matches.

and my mistake, not indian gold but, saudi arabian.

hallmarked etc.
Well there are a few posts about Indian gold being suspect (dunno why the link's not working for you), but as yours is not Indian, irrelevant anyway. I suspect if it's hallmarked then that's all that matters,
# 915
cookie*
Old 20-07-2012, 8:19 PM
MoneySaving Convert

ah right. well ty for the help jd, appreciated.

# 916
tessasanderson
Old 24-07-2012, 12:21 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs up Brilliant service, don't bother going anywhere else

Submitted gold details online, quoted 127 (my scales used). Sent by next day delivery/insured service. Received email following day adjusting total UP, thats right , they actually gave me more money than originally quoted. Money was in my bank (by fast payment) within the hour.

Was originally worried about sending gold by post but I took the chance and as the local jeweller offered me 70 I have no regrets.

Excellent service.
# 917
Nailz
Old 26-07-2012, 5:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Wow! What great service

I sent my 69.1gms of old broken, scrap gold on monday this week and by Tuesday I had an email saying that a cheque for 807.74 was in the post. Wednesday the cheque arrived!!!! What more can I say..... Fantastic!
# 918
KCrease
Old 27-07-2012, 4:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Hatton Garden Metals

The best metal buyer website available. Swift, hassle-free transaction. I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend this service to my friends who want to seel their gold, silver or platinum. I also was given a higher amount of money than my quotation!
# 919
OyiboJohn
Old 02-08-2012, 10:30 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Thank You Hatton Gardens

Not only were Hatton Gardens offering the best price for Krugerrands / Maple Leaves but their help when 'phoning as to procedure for a postal sale was good. Was sent special delivery (in batches) on same day and an e-mail was from them confirmed money was in my chosen account within 24 hours of dispatch. An excellent service. I will certainly use them again as I hold a number of these gold coins....and will also recommend to those to whom a quite a few have been distributed.
# 920
dolliedaydreams
Old 03-08-2012, 10:10 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Hatton Garden Metals

Used Hatton Garden Metals for the first time today after reading all the threads on the forum, went to the local shopping mall jewellers with 79grams of 9 carat gold was offered 760.00, i decided to give Hatton Garden Metals a go, they paid 912.42 (what a result) service was fantastic sent gold by special delivery on 02/8/2012 and money was in the bank before 12.00pm the next day, would definetly recommend and will use again.