HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Comments

• I weighed gold necklace I hadnt worn in years on kitchen scales and it come out at 27gms. Posted package yesterday lunchtime special delivery.

This afternoon I got receipt comfirmation e-mail (HGM weighed it as 26.9gms.) and 1 hr later theres £507 deposited in my account!
    Best quote I got on high street jeweller was £395 with lots of haggling.

I was really worried about posting off my 'valuables' but this service was excellent. I'm already hunting for more to send.

Thanks HGM.
  • Sent 14ct gold 84g, 9ct gold 32g and 21g silver on Tuesday by special delivery, hgm received items by 1pm and I was able to log in to their site to check that it had arrived. I emailed them to ask for a quote first before accepting their offer (please note you must add this to your form when filling it out) otherwise you will not get a quote first, which I think is fair enough, right enough they phoned me gave me a quote and I accepted it and Money was put into my bank the same day with no problems. the only down side was that they said my 14 ct weighed 83.1, I got 84g on my digital scales, my 9ct to them weighed 24.9, i got 32g when i weighed it and i got a weight of 21g for silver and they got the weight as 19.9, but all in all I was happy with settlement figure and there were no hitches so I would certainly recommend them and would deal with again, just couldnt believe the prices they were paying and was sure it was a to good to be true site but trust me it all went well, so please deal with this company and dont look any further and remember there are no hidden extras to pay them they do not take any commission or any other charges unless as you can see from other threads most people get their weights higher than hgm do but at least my weights were not to bad in the difference. Sorry for such a long post to this company but have tried to put everything in as it was a fantastic deal and would look at them first before anywhere else next time just to ensure they are as good as they are, thanks hgm for your service and I hope to deal with you again in the future.
  • When did you use it POSTED FRI SEP 10TH.
    What did you send it 1 NOW REDUNDNAT WEDDING RING!
    How much did it promise you £212
    How much did it deliver £205
    How efficient was the service EXTREMELY. HAD CHEQUE BY TUES 14TH SEPT.
    If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason WEIGHT DISCREPENCY
    Anything else other people should know
    I POINTED OUT WHEN I RECEIVED THEIR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT THAT THE ITEM HAD WEIGHED CONSISTENTLY (x 4) AT 11.4g AT THE LOCAL / HIGH-STREET PLACES, NOT THE 11.1g THEY WERE CALLIING OUT. BUT THE CHEQUE HAS BEEN PROCESSED. AS A GOODWILL GESTURE THEY PROCESSED A SMALL TOP-UP CHEQUE. ALL SETTLED NOW., GREAT SERVICE.
    WORTH POINTING OUT THAT THE HIGH STREET NAMES / THOSE SET UP IN SHOPPING CENTRES ETC ONLY OFFERED £140-150.
    • When did you use it - 18th Sept 2010
    • What did you send it - 98gms 9k gold (bracelet, pendant, cross)
    • How much did it promise you - £920.04
    • How much did it deliver - £920.25
    • How efficient was the service - 100%
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason - N/A
    • Anything else other people should know -
    Yes this is my first post, but after lurking for a verrry long time - I had to write this as I was so impressed with the service of Hatton Garden Metal. After a lot of confusion and googling sites for who to send my gold to - I did the sensible thing and checked MSE for information and I'm so glad I did as some sites I'd checked were offering hundreds less what HGM paid out. Posted items special delivery Saturday - email in today (Monday 20th) lunchtime saying weight 97.2gms so less than my digital postal scales, but money paid out more than offered so guess the gold price was up today. Soon as I got home from work I checked bank account and the money was in. If I can find anymore gold I feel I can part with - I'm definately using this company again !
  • HGM are fantastic! I took my old gold to the High Street who weighed it at 32g and offered me £238.40. I had seen the positive feedback on here for HGM so, with some trepidation, I sent it off by special delivery yesterday at 3.15pm for a cost of £5.05. I had an email at 11am today to say that the confirmed weight was 31.8g and my payment would be £301.45. I checked my bank account half an hour ago, and there it was!
    If only everything in life was this simple :T

I know that there have been some questions on here about all the positive responses from new posters, and surely it can't be that good. Well, yes, I am a new poster, but take my word for it, it is truly brilliant.
  • Ooooops I meant to post last week :o A look at my registration details will confirm I am not a newbie. I had jewelry that I had not worn in 15 years, and would not wear in the next 15 years. Also some I inherited from my late mother. I took it to a high street gold buyer who offered £200. Phoned several jewelers who would not quote the price paid per gram. ( not our policy, bring the gold in and you'll get the right price) I went on the Hatton Garden Metals website and was quoted the price per gram as of that day. I sent my gold at 4pm one day by special delivery. By 11.30 the next day over £435 was in my bank account :D I received more than the online quote because the gold price rose. My scales registered 50 grams, they weighed at 49.1 grams, but still I received more. I don't expect my domestic scales to weigh at the same accuracy as gold scales ;) ( also I think maybe some of the earring backs were gold-plated) I think I was very fairly dealt with.

I am now buying jewelry that I will enjoy wearing, and remembering that it is possible because of my Mum and Dad who willed me or bought me the gold I sold.:D
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • Hi I am a regular on this site and have recently used Hatton Garden Metals. I was very impressed with the service. I got three quotes from local jewellers and gold buyers these came in at £87, £115 and £153. Hatton Garden quoted me £207.07 and it cost £4.85 to send the gold special delivery.

When did you use it - 20/09/2010
    What did you send it - 3 necklaces, 2 old rings, 1 pair hollow earrings
    How much did it promise you - 207.07
    How much did it deliver - £203.81
    How efficient was the service - Very. I sent the gold Monday lunchtime and received the cash by last night straight into my bank account
    If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason - I weighed as 21.9 Hatton weighed at 21.5 grams
    Anything else other people should know - Very reliable service. Good communication and from what I could see in my local area the price was unbeatable
  • Amazing! I sent Hatton Garden Metals some broken/unusable gold pieces yesterday afternoon. This morning I got a BACS payment of £279! (about £3.00 less than I'd calculated on my kitchen scales).
    I am very impressed and would happily recommend them.
    I wish I had sent all my stuff there. Ebay has charged me quite a bit for my listings and I doubt I will get as much. In fact I have just upped my reserve prices in accordance to what I could get from Hatton Garden Metals.
    It seem such an easy, fast and very fair system.
    I am really pleased I came across them on my Google search.:j
  • HGM are fabulous, period !

I sent them my gold (23.20gms /18crt) on Monday (Royal Mail Special Delivery); I got confirmation of receipt of items together with payment notification in the same email on Tuesday morning. The amount HGM credited into my account, is infact more than what 2 local jewellers offered to pay.

As I am writing this, I have already cashed my money.
    I'll definitely transact with HGM in very near future, insha Allah (Allah's willing)
  • pingua
    pingua Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Nice that so many happy punters are registering and using their first post to tell us about how great Hatton metals are...

Most odd I think !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure