Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Energy > ACE9000 KBD - display... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
ACE9000 KBD - display...
Closed Thread
Views: 14,758
# 1
debrag
Old 15-11-2009, 1:05 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default ACE9000 KBD - display...

What does each of the display menus mean?
Finally getting to know the gas meter now it's the electric meter. Should be getting 117.31 debt on it (isn't on as yet). If it went on and I was to put say 120 on the meter would it take the debt each week from that amount or only from when I top up?
Debts:
c3 = 639 ; c4 = 458 TOTAL = 1097
Defaults = drop off - 6 in 2015; 1 in 2016; 1 in 2017; 2 in 2018; 2 in 2019. Total = 12!
# 2
robredz
Old 15-11-2009, 4:34 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

The debt is usually added as a weekly fixed charge, so if you put in 20 over the week it would give you 10 electricity, and take 10 for the debt. That is the idea anyway, to spread the recovery over a long period and reduce hardship (in theory).

Display A would be remaining credit and display F should show fixed charges and any debt amount, others will most likely know more

Last edited by robredz; 15-11-2009 at 4:38 PM.
# 3
debrag
Old 16-11-2009, 1:32 PM

I know about the weekly fixed charge but what I want to know is say my debt is 100 at 15 a week can I put the full 100 on the meter and the debt be taken from that or will it just come off any new credit I put in?
Debts:
Defaults = drop off - 6 in 2015; 1 in 2016; 1 in 2017; 2 in 2018; 2 in 2019. Total = 12!
# 4
Mynewt
Old 16-11-2009, 1:42 PM
MoneySaving Convert

NO,

The meter is configured to take a set figure towards to the outstanding balance, any overpay would be reserved for sonumption only. I cannot state strongly enough how important and better alround it will be for you to top up by smaller amount on a regualr weekly basis.

Your standing charge and debt repayment are taken once a week at the point of top-up. So you could have 100.00 availabe for usage - but if your do not top up for 3 weeks, on your next top up you'll have 3 weeks worth of debt repayment and standing charge to be removed. (assuming there is enough after the usage amount has been reserved)

Prepayment meters work on the following pirority scale:

- Emergency Credit repayment
- Consumption (approximately 30% of the top up is reserved for payment there is a minimum figure as well but I've forgotten what this is)
- Standing charge
- Debt Repayment
The Following User Says Thank You to Mynewt For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
robredz
Old 16-11-2009, 1:43 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Perhaps you would be better of paying them the 117 debt, and paying as you go, in future (assuming you CAN pay it all off now)
# 6
debrag
Old 16-11-2009, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robredz View Post
Perhaps you would be better of paying them the 117 debt, and paying as you go, in future (assuming you CAN pay it all off now)
That is what I want to do but I'm not the account holder so can't ring up and the online account I set up to pay the full amount off is stating that they are finalising the account for the final bill :confused: (prob meaning the account holder who clearly doesn't give a !!!! about the place now he's with his girlfriend has done something!!)
Debts:
# 7
debrag
Old 16-11-2009, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynewt View Post
NO,

The meter is configured to take a set figure towards to the outstanding balance, any overpay would be reserved for sonumption only. I cannot state strongly enough how important and better alround it will be for you to top up by smaller amount on a regualr weekly basis.

Your standing charge and debt repayment are taken once a week at the point of top-up. So you could have 100.00 availabe for usage - but if your do not top up for 3 weeks, on your next top up you'll have 3 weeks worth of debt repayment and standing charge to be removed. (assuming there is enough after the usage amount has been reserved)

Thank you I had a feeling that was the way it was done, will just top up the debt amount plus some extra each week.
Debts:
# 8
dunloadin
Old 17-11-2009, 2:25 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Screens on a key meter are as follows:

-A: Value of credit in meter (value of emergency credit remaining if followed by solid E)
-B: Minimum value of credit you require to purchase to take your meter out of emergency credit and back into normal credit
-C: Date (only shown on 2 rate meters)
-D: Time (only shown on 2 rate meters)
-E: Total value of credit accepted (since meter installed or last reset)
-F: Total weekly fixed charge (standing charge and debt recovery rate (if applicable))
-G: Total number of units recorded (since meter installed)
-H: Number of units used at Domestic or Day rate (since meter installed or last reset)
-I: Pence per unit for units at Domestic or Day rate
-J: Number of units used at Night or Low rate (since meter installed or last reset, only shown on 2 rate meters)
-K: Pence per unit for units at Night or Low rate (only shown on 2 rate meters)
-R: E=x.xx Emergency credit value
-S: Total debt value remaining set on meter
-T: Weekly debt recovery rate

Be aware, screens H & J may be reset when an engineer visits to reset your meter or a new key is issued or reprogrammed, although screen G should not get reset
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dunloadin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
SwanJon
Old 17-11-2009, 2:31 PM

debrag - the gas meter works as mynewt says, but the electricity meter does recover the balance from the credit on ti at a rate of 1% of your weekly agreement every 101 minutes, so you could load up with credit in one go and it will take your payment from that, but you will need to continue to top up for your consumption in the following weeks.

It m ight be different with different suppliers I suppose - who are you with?
I am an employee of British Gas, however the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of Centrica, its subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
The Following User Says Thank You to SwanJon For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
debrag
Old 17-11-2009, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanJon View Post
debrag - the gas meter works as mynewt says, but the electricity meter does recover the balance from the credit on ti at a rate of 1% of your weekly agreement every 101 minutes, so you could load up with credit in one go and it will take your payment from that, but you will need to continue to top up for your consumption in the following weeks.

It m ight be different with different suppliers I suppose - who are you with?
I'm with scottish power, so far no debt on there but third top up is tomorrow so it may go on.

160 debt 117 to go on (when meters were arranged)

I have a notice on the meter door stating '20 per meter, per person, per month' Doubt that will happen with everyone. I'm saying 20 as the DD had just been changed to 23 a month so I'm thinking alone the lines of keep the costs below this.

Basically the DD were set to 46 a month combined, of course the one who was meant to be paying this rarely did, having the DD bounce, also they thought that that was the ACTUAL cost not that they would prob have to pay more once bill arrived. DD was changed to 123 a month again bounced, they move in with girlfriend and don't give a !!!!!
They'd pnly just moved to SP from someone else where their DD were close to 200!!!!!!!!!
Debts:

Last edited by debrag; 17-11-2009 at 4:39 PM.
# 11
sequence
Old 17-11-2009, 6:26 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Not all meters are the same. My electric meter takes 10 per week for debt and my gas meter takes 70% of any credit for debt.
# 12
Mynewt
Old 17-11-2009, 6:30 PM
MoneySaving Convert

There are numerous makes and models of gas and electric prepayment meter. While there specific functionality may be different in general they all work the same, they will all be set ot provide the same overall result. i.e. debt repayment of a certain amount over a certain time frame. All roads lead to rome as they say.
# 13
debrag
Old 17-11-2009, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequence View Post
Not all meters are the same. My electric meter takes 10 per week for debt and my gas meter takes 70% of any credit for debt.

I have been told 15 for each meter each week. Gas will be paid off next week.
Debts:
# 14
gary_63
Old 20-03-2011, 10:09 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunloadin View Post
Screens on a key meter are as follows:

-A: Value of credit in meter (value of emergency credit remaining if followed by solid E)
-B: Minimum value of credit you require to purchase to take your meter out of emergency credit and back into normal credit
-C: Date (only shown on 2 rate meters)
-D: Time (only shown on 2 rate meters)
-E: Total value of credit accepted (since meter installed or last reset)
-F: Total weekly fixed charge (standing charge and debt recovery rate (if applicable))
-G: Total number of units recorded (since meter installed)
-H: Number of units used at Domestic or Day rate (since meter installed or last reset)
-I: Pence per unit for units at Domestic or Day rate
-J: Number of units used at Night or Low rate (since meter installed or last reset, only shown on 2 rate meters)
-K: Pence per unit for units at Night or Low rate (only shown on 2 rate meters)
-R: E=x.xx Emergency credit value
-S: Total debt value remaining set on meter
-T: Weekly debt recovery rate

Be aware, screens H & J may be reset when an engineer visits to reset your meter or a new key is issued or reprogrammed, although screen G should not get reset

A bit confused as i have just had the TELEXUS ace9000 installed adn the above info is a little out - as the "c" is the time on my metre, So not too sure what the rest of them are as i don't have "r" "s" "t" either...
I am in economy 7, and have a storage heater in the lounge, but never really use it as it take so long to heat up and as it releases the heat through he day, I see it as a bit of a waste as i am at work all day.

Gary
# 15
SwanJon
Old 21-03-2011, 8:33 AM

Gary - you'll need to put the key in to get screens R, S & T. As to C&D - they could be the other way round so that's not an issue. The other screens will all be as above.
The storage heater should keep it's heat right through the day if the output is closed, but if you are not using it, it might be worth changing to single rate (you'd need to speak to your supplier).
I am an employee of British Gas, however the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of Centrica, its subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
Closed Thread