Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Ialwaysgetdone
    How can you claim from Royal Mail for non delivery?
    • 14th Nov 09, 10:43 AM
    How can you claim from Royal Mail for non delivery? 14th Nov 09 at 10:43 AM
    I have sent three items recently all by special delivery guaranteed by 1pm next day. On the Track and Trace it says for one of the items "We can confirm that this item was was delivered by the guaranteed delivery time" but on the other 2 items it merely says "This item has been delivered".

I have been informed by the recipients that these 2 items did not arrive next day by 1PM but how can I prove that to make a claim when Royal Mail are not putting the time online that it was delivered?
Page 1
    • deanos
    • By deanos 14th Nov 09, 6:19 PM
    • 10,595 Posts
    • 5,445 Thanks
    deanos
    • 14th Nov 09, 6:19 PM
    • 14th Nov 09, 6:19 PM
    Yes its a scam that has been going for years if it says "Item has been delivered" you can bet its been delivered late ,happened to me many a time, just ring up and ask if they can track a parcel, give them the tracking number and ask the exact time and date it was delivered, then just ask for a refund they will issue a cheque straight away.
  • Ialwaysgetdone
    • 14th Nov 09, 8:12 PM
    • 14th Nov 09, 8:12 PM
    Can they give you a time? Won't they just look it up on a computer and get the same info as I am getting online?
    • zax47
    • By zax47 14th Nov 09, 9:52 PM
    • 1,254 Posts
    • 928 Thanks
    zax47
    • 14th Nov 09, 9:52 PM
    • 14th Nov 09, 9:52 PM
    Their tracking system is not real-time, in fact it often takes several days to have the full correct delivery data.

If you want to make a claim then go to the Royal Mail site - it tells you how to claim.

Here's the claim form (P58);

ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/public/ctf/rm/Inland_P58_form_English_09.pdf

and here's more info on claiming;

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content2?catId=69800733&mediaId=80300735

And here's what you can claim (for delayed delivery on Special Delivery Next Day by 1.00pm Service)

From the FAQs;

"10. What if something goes wrong?
    Please keep your proof of posting receipt. If your item is not delivered on time we’ll refund your money providing you have your proof of posting and claim within 14 days of posting."

The onus is not on you to prove they didn't arrive on time - but on them to prove they did!
    Last edited by zax47; 14-11-2009 at 10:09 PM.
  • Ialwaysgetdone
    • 15th Nov 09, 12:20 AM
    • 15th Nov 09, 12:20 AM
    Their tracking system is not real-time, in fact it often takes several days to have the full correct delivery data.

If you want to make a claim then go to the Royal Mail site - it tells you how to claim.

Here's the claim form (P58);

ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/public/ctf/rm/Inland_P58_form_English_09.pdf

and here's more info on claiming;

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content2?catId=69800733&mediaId=80300735

And here's what you can claim (for delayed delivery on Special Delivery Next Day by 1.00pm Service)

From the FAQs;

"10. What if something goes wrong?
    Please keep your proof of posting receipt. If your item is not delivered on time we’ll refund your money providing you have your proof of posting and claim within 14 days of posting."

The onus is not on you to prove they didn't arrive on time - but on them to prove they did!