Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    far2812
    Should I pay back a deposit left for my car?
    • 9th Nov 09, 3:28 PM
    Should I pay back a deposit left for my car? 9th Nov 09 at 3:28 PM
    H All

I sold my car to a guy (a policeman of all people!) 10 days ago.

He left me a deposit for 200 and said that he was waiting for a cheque to clear.

He called me this morning basically using every excuse in the book. He said that he wanted to do the transaction with my partner (even though my partner works away). I told him this - he has spoken to my partner a couple of times etc.

Anyway, I am just babbling now - basically do I have to pay him the deposit back? I have had 5 calls since and told the people that the car is sold and deleted it off autotrader.

I am just annoyed as I waited 10 days and then on the morning he was to collect the car, he cancelled.

Many thanks
    Total Quidco earnings - 547.98

Everyone is scared of someone or something, everyone loves someone or something, and everyone has lost someone or something! BE NICE!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,726Posts Today

11,332Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Spiderman beat the flash in new Superhero marathon world record.... http://t.co/HRkIdbgw88 via @AthleticsWeekly

• Should you buy Euros now at £1 = ?1.39 in case the election kills the pound? My full analysis.... http://t.co/RVaUgNPrZy

• Trying to find the tweeter who told me their app for a cheaper remortgage was rejected due to failing affordability criteria. Is it u?

• Follow Martin