IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to

  • Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

    Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

  • No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Form P810
Closed Thread
Views: 16,318
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
# 1
Old 03-11-2009, 8:55 AM
MoneySaving Convert
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 116
Default Form P810

Hi I need some advice regarding getting hold of form P810 for paying tax on rental income. It's not available as a PDF but we've requested one 6 times from our local tax office. Three times on the web, twice over the phone, once by letter sent recorded delivery. They just don't seem ti care but we are trying to do things by the book. Any advice please?
Dave2012 is offline
Report Post
# 2
Old 03-11-2009, 10:22 AM
MoneySaving Convert
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South West
Posts: 93

Don't you only need to fill in a form P810 if/when they ask you to?
From they say the following:

Form P810
If you don't have to fill in a tax return each year, HMRC may still need to check your income every so often to make sure you don't pay too much or too little tax, they do this by asking you to fill in form P810.
When you fill in form P810 you can use it to ask for tax relief for your allowable expenses. If your expenses are over £1,000, they will ask you to fill in form P87 as well to give more details about your expenses.

But there doesn't seem to be the form itself on-line.

So, not sure if that helps - sorry!
SomersetSaver is offline
Report Post
# 3
Old 03-11-2009, 10:29 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 349

This might help explain your options...
Catti is offline
Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Catti For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
Old 03-11-2009, 8:49 PM
MoneySaving Convert
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 116

Hi guys, thanks for your replies very interesting! I thought I needed to fill in a P810 based on the information given here:

I'm still not sure what to do, as when we have spoken to the tax office in person they have said they will issue us with a P810, so they are obviously unaware that they can't or that we should be doing something different.

Last edited by Dave2012; 03-11-2009 at 8:52 PM.
Dave2012 is offline
Report Post
# 5
Old 15-02-2010, 3:21 PM
MoneySaving Newbie
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1

Dave don't know if you have know know but if you click on Catti's link to publications parliment it states under taxation:self-assessment "HMRC will resume the issue of P810 forms from April 2010".

This maybe why you haven't received the P810 form yet.
PAD666 is offline
Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to PAD666 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 Forum Jump  

Contact Us - - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:30 PM.

 Forum Jump  

Free MoneySaving Email

Top deals: Week of 25 February 2015

Get all this & more in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email full of guides, vouchers and Deals

GET THIS FREE WEEKLY EMAIL Full of deals, guides & it's spam free

Latest News & Blogs

Martin's Twitter Feed


Cheap Travel Money

Find the best online rate for holiday cash with MSE's TravelMoneyMax.

Find the best online rate for your holiday cash with MoneySavingExpert's TravelMoneyMax.

MSE's Twitter Feed